Software update

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Then you don't have the update yet. It can take up to a week for an update to get to everyone; though this is a minor one so I'd say a few days to hit full roll out.

Honestly, I'm in no hurry for this update. My phone is/has been working perfectly well for me as far as I know. There are things that could/should be improved on, but I can't complain from the AOS side of things.

What I'm hoping happens soon is that a bunch of the apps I'm using get updates to better work with Lollipop. I still get app crashes from apps that I don't think should glitch out ... such as photobucket, voxer, and even the the AC Forums app (which seems to lock up quite often).

I dont know though ... perhaps these 'app issues' are because lollipop is unstable and needs this recent "under the hood" update. That remains to be seen.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing this is update for the RAM issue we've read about. Hoping it comes to Verizon soon!

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So Google services seems a bit more...calm. It usually at about 4% to 6% of battery life at this point in the day but is still sitting at the 1% it was at the time of the update. RAM usage seems a bit better but really Android is supposed to be high with RAM use. That said I have a 1GB free on RAM most of the time now, before was about 600-750MB. Hard to say if this update did much seeing as Lollipop still has the nasty memory leak until 5.1.1 (if its even fixed then)

It seems faster, but only a bit so. The fingerprint scanner is just borked now. The funny thing is it picks up on my fingerprints perfectly when setting them up, and the set up process has changed, and if I have to go into the lock screen security menu it picks up on my fingerprint right away 100% of the time. However on the lock screen it picked it up 1 out of about 45 times. So something software wise is hitching up, it's pop up with the 'must put entire finger on button' thing a lot more then it did before.

My battery life was already pretty great so I can't say anything good or bad about it with the update, but it's going to take everyone a few charge cycles to make any determination on battery life.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
SIDE NOTE:

Anyone else dislike the fact that after you check for a software update, it forces you to wait a minimum of 24 hours before you can check again?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
SIDE NOTE:

Anyone else dislike the fact that after you check for a software update, it forces you to wait a minimum of 24 hours before you can check again?

You can always go into date/time and change your devices time to accommodate for the 24 hours. It'll let you try again.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I believe if you clear the cache partition, you can then check for the update again.

Unfortunately, that does not work for me.

You can always go into date/time and change your devices time to accommodate for the 24 hours. It'll let you try again.

Yah ... I could do that, but it's not that important. I just find it strange that there is even a limiting system for how often you can check for OS updates in the first place.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
ha- just did the date and time change and got prompted to download the update.

Is there anything I should do after the update - reboot, clear cache, anything like that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo