On the fence for Nova...

ivanmmj

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Swipe gestures don't work for me. And I bought the Prime version

Posted via the Android Central App

You'll have to update to the newest version of Nova to get Gestures working again.

For icon packs, Nova comes with a built in "Lollipop" icon pack that's decent and I also really like the "Moonshine - Icon Pack" in the Play store.

#sprintemployee

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Notro icon pack. I picked a dark wallpaper since I love the black and white minimal look. Looks really nice on the AMOLED display. uploadfromtaptalk1431571523192.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just installed it (I have prime) so going to try it out. Haven't tried it on the S6 yet.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just edited my post above, but for those of you that already read it and won't go back and the others that just don't go back to read, I'm double posting here some ideas on how to use the gestures on Nova.

Hints : Use swipe action in folders to open apps, plus use the swipe down gesture to Expand Notifications, this helps a lot for a one hand use, plus I use swipe up for Google App, so I can get rid of the widget using precious space. Also, Double Tap I use it to open Camera, I know we have Double Home Tap, but common sense tells me that the more we use the Home button the faster it can get damaged, so if I can prevent that with the same action, Double tap, but in the screen instead, I think it's better in the long run.

Last edited:

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I use swipe up for app drawer, swipe down to expand notifications, two finger swipe up for nova settings so i can adjust any option on the launcher quickly.

And i have a few gestures set up for different apps.

I also change all the animation speeds to fast and change home and drawer animations to slide i believe it's called.

Another thing i do is scrollable dock, i have two dock pages used up also nice for one handed use

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Google Now Launcher. Less is More. If you want more, get a custom ROM. These in between changes are "meh" at best. Go hard, or don't go at all. Just my opinion. Btw, I'm 100% stock now. At the slightest hint of a problem, I'm going back to roms. What's the difference?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I just edited my post above, but for those of you that already read it and won't go back and the others that just don't go back to read, I'm double posting here some ideas on how to use the gestures on Nova.

Hints : Use swipe action in folders to open apps, plus use the swipe down gesture to Expand Notifications, this helps a lot for a one hand use, plus I use swipe up for Google App, so I can get rid of the widget using precious space. Also, Double Tap I use it to open Camera, I know we have Double Home Tap, but common sense tells me that the more we use the Home button the faster it can get damaged, so if I can prevent that with the same action, Double tap, but in the screen instead, I think it's better in the long run.

Yeh, Nova is great I have a similar setup, but 2 finger swipe down the app drawer, and double tap for google search.

dreaming of electric sheep

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone getting redraw with the updated Nova 4? It's actually fine on my S6, but my tab S keeps redrawing the wallpaper when I close apps.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just read the thread about the stock weather widget. If you have Nova, why do have to go icon packs, import widgets or load park files over XDA? Reading these types of posts are not exactly giving me an incentive to try. Nova again.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Just read the thread about the stock weather widget. If you have Nova, why do have to go icon packs, import widgets or load park files over XDA? Reading these types of posts are not exactly giving me an incentive to try. Nova again.

You don't have to do any of what you said with nova. You keep talking nova down for some reason....dude, nova blows the doors off touchwiz in every aspect. That's just a fact.

Posted via the Android Central App