Software Updates

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased an unlocked Galaxy S6 from B&H Photo and I have a prepaid account at T-Mobile. I know that updates for apps I have installed come from the Play Store but what about OS updates? The reason I ask is that two days ago I received notice of a major update to the OS (Fingerprint reader, etc) which was 259MB. I downloaded and installed it. Initially, the fingerprint reader seemed to be improved but the next day it stopped recognizing my fingerprint and my backup password. Thanks to help elsewhere on this site, I finally got into the phone and disabled the fingerprint reader but I was hoping to use SamsungPay at some point. Any thoughts?

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is factory unlocked, os updates will come direct from Samsung, not network provider

Posted via the Android Central App

Richard Meyers

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. BTW, since posting I noticed the thread on the update ~Wednesday which caused some to have fingerprint problems. The odd thing is that I didn't have a Samsung account at the time of the update. I only created one to try to get the phone opened via 'MySamsung'.