S6 Annoyances

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung deal Breakers for me:

Fixed and poor battery -> Limited ife
No sd card
Extremely protruding camera that is very fragile for damage
Phone needs a bulky case to protect the camera and the glass thus loosing from its beauty

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung deal Breakers for me:

Fixed and poor battery -> Limited ife
No sd card
Extremely protruding camera that is very fragile for damage
Phone needs a bulky case to protect the camera and the glass thus loosing from its beauty

Story to hear that. I came from the GS4 on AT&T and have no issues with battery life easily making it through a day with moderate use. Have 50 GB free and don't miss the card slot. It is one of the fastest and smoothest phones. Totally agree with the camera hump not being flush. Always encase my phones any way. Any time they have gone commando, dings and scratches which are even more possible with a glass and metal phone. Just my opinion based upon my own past experience and not meant to be judgmental or offensive in any way.

There are a number of the other great options out there like the M9 and the G4 if you are still looking.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So I've got a handle on the auto-brightness with Velis Auto Brightness.

Attachments

• 1432403683261.jpg
    1432403683261.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 42

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
They may do smart manager one day but download booster will forever be disabled on AT&T.

I'm not on AT&T but why are they so insistent on disabling it? I personally wouldn't use it since I avoid downloading as much as possible when I'm not on wifi, but I could see a benefit to both the consumer and them by enabling it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Velis is great. I love it. Couldn't ask for a better auto brightness utility.

+1

How does it differ from stock?

Just a question. This post is not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way to those wondering. I am not a paid attorney spokesperson nor am I am employee,of Samsung but iam the Korean Thor.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
How does it differ from stock?

Just a question. This post is not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way to those wondering. I am not a paid attorney spokesperson nor am I am employee,of Samsung but iam the Korean Thor.
It replaces the stock one. And you can adjust the auto brightness to what ever levels you want. Unlike the stock were it is fixed for sertain light amounts. The stock autobrightness on my phone is to low inside . But with velis I can adjust it to what ever level I want it to go to inside or out.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
It replaces the stock one. And you can adjust the auto brightness to what ever levels you want. Unlike the stock were it is fixed for sertain light amounts. The stock autobrightness on my phone is to low inside . But with velis I can adjust it to what ever level I want it to go to inside or out.

Also for me it's been a lot more stable and consistent compared to stock.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes my stock autobrightness sometimes gets stuck or don't adjust sometimes. But velis has worked 100 percent of the time so far . I haven't had to touch my brightness setting since installing it. Set it up and forget about it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Is it a huge app or resource intensive?

Just a question. This post is not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way to those wondering. I am not a paid attorney spokesperson nor am I an employee of Samsung but I am the Korean Thor.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Is it a huge app or resource intensive?

Just a question. This post is not meant to be sarcastic or judgmental or offensive in any way to those wondering. I am not a paid attorney spokesperson nor am I an employee of Samsung but I am the Korean Thor.
0 impact on phone. The only way you know it's even installed is when you pull down settings menu and see velis under brightness that's it.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is driving me nuts on this phone. Especially coming from the iPhone six plus. It is incredible to just sit there and watch it drain in 4-5 hours of on screen time even with all the settings changed. It got to the point where I got so fed up I reset the device, put the black picture as my wallpaper and lock screen, set Nova launcher. I am so over it. Thank goodness I still have my iPhone six plus too

4 to 5 hours screen on time is what I get on my Droid Turbo O.O

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Story to hear that. I came from the GS4 on AT&T and have no issues with battery life easily making it through a day with moderate use. Have 50 GB free and don't miss the card slot. It is one of the fastest and smoothest phones. Totally agree with the camera hump not being flush. Always encase my phones any way. Any time they have gone commando, dings and scratches which are even more possible with a glass and metal phone. Just my opinion based upon my own past experience and not meant to be judgmental or offensive in any way.

There are a number of the other great options out there like the M9 and the G4 if you are still looking.

Have you had some serious scratches on or near camera?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you had some serious scratches on or near camera?

I haven't had a single ding, scratch or crack on any Android device as they have all been adorned with an Otterbox Defender. The device that I had the issues were my RIM devices. Bumpers and TPU as well as TPU hybrid cases didn't help. One of my RIM devices went commando and dropped out of my pocket getting out of the car.

geezer1

May 25, 2015
Visit site
1. Auto brightness - playing a bit with 'Lux' app
2. Battery life. For S2 I got some replacement and it was good. But with non branded replacements it is a roulette...

Leon Venson

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
When using my fingerprint sensor the screen goes to sleep too fast or it will register my print unlock then go to sleep.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is driving me nuts on this phone. Especially coming from the iPhone six plus. It is incredible to just sit there and watch it drain in 4-5 hours of on screen time even with all the settings changed. It got to the point where I got so fed up I reset the device, put the black picture as my wallpaper and lock screen, set Nova launcher. I am so over it. Thank goodness I still have my iPhone six plus too

Do you think its fair or even accurate to compare these two phones in terms of battery life. 6 Plus has a 2915mAh battery with a 1080p display vs 2550mAh on the S6 Edge 2k Display. Far more pixels to move and a smaller battery as well.

Having owned a 6Plus for 3 months I can say it doesn't take much to run that battery down either depending on what you are doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non