Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ah. That is one thing I like about not being married yet. I know my day will come when a husband will be wanting to control what I spend.

So, I have to have fun now.

I have not played around with rooting yet but I may one day.

from the Elegance
Ha. Enjoy it while you can!

I have both as well but I'm getting tired of switching back and forth.

Sent from The Edge™

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's a no brainier IMO if you also have a second phone - you get all the benefits of rooting and if something key stops working you can just use your other phone for that thing.
I love my Note 4 as is. Its perfect, I mean really, but if it ever seems un-perfect I may consider rooting it.

from the Elegance

daredem

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Totally AGREE!! My wife has an iPhone 6 and I have a Note 4...I do the updating and tinkering with both phones (techie of the family)....Personally, there is no comparison. Simple things like "Save to Device" is so much easier with Android. Try saving something from to Dropbox to your device with iOS is impossible unless it is pic. You should be able to download whatever file you want. Too many limitations on iOS for my taste.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Totally AGREE!! My wife has an iPhone 6 and I have a Note 4...I do the updating and tinkering with both phones (techie of the family)....Personally, there is no comparison. Simple things like "Save to Device" is so much easier with Android. Try saving something from to Dropbox to your device with iOS is impossible unless it is pic. You should be able to download whatever file you want. Too many limitations on iOS for my taste.
I have noticed how you can't (easily, if at all) save DropBoxed files in iOS. Not an issue though since on my Note 4 its easy.

take that iOS! Jus' kidd'n. Sorta.

from the Elegance

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I am really liking the S6 so far but I would say that my iPhone 6 has the better performance. I absolutely love materiel design and have always leaned towards android but I do go back and forth quite a bit. The thing with Apple is that they control most aspects on the phone. They make the phone and the software. This let's them make a well balanced device that is designed to be smooth.

A true comparison would technically be iPhone vs Nexus since Nexus is true android. But I feel that until Google does an all in house device, Apple will continue to have the upper hand. Making a device then designing the software to flawlessly operate with that exact hardware is key.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I tossed out my Apple phones long ago that are only sold for their bling bling value not their technology. My LG G4 will have better specs and features than the iPhone 7 when it comes out in 2016. The i6 doesn't even have optical image stabilizer camera (OIS). No OIS is so obsolete for a expensive flagship phone. However the i6+ does have OIS but only 2 axle compared to my 3 axle LG G4 OIS. The LG G4 has a 16 MP with a ƒ/1.8 aperture lens that is better for low light conditions than i6+ƒ/2.2 aperture lens. Even my G4's selfie camera equals the i6+ with 8MP camera and the G4 has a better lens with a f/2.0 aperture lens than the back camera of the i6+ with it's weaker ƒ/2.2 aperture lens. The G4 even has a selfie flash. LG G4 has a laser focus like a real camera.

LG G4 has replaceable battery, SD card that supports up to 2 TB and I can stream 4K video (4K Slimport Support) to my 4K HDTV. The i6+ doesn't even have a 4K video recorder or a screen that is Quad HD like the LG G4.

Apple has yet to make a phone that support's T-Mobiles 700Mhz Band 12 unlike many Android phones that supports Band 12. Many people that have both the i6 and a Note 4/S6 claim they have much better reception on the Samsung device with more bars of signal. Apple phones always seen to have issues with reception even back to the i4 and it's "Antennagate issue". Apple is just Androids 2013 technology at 2016 prices.

Last edited:

nboard

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Had to join just to chime in on this. I was an apple fan boy, jailbroke everything out of the box and had a ton of fun with my iPhones. But I received an S4 through work a couple years ago and after a few months was sold. In that time I was swapping Sims between My IPhone and a windows Nokia. Loved the Nokia cam but not windows. Anyway,when upgrade time came along i studied up and it was between 6plus, nexus9 and note 4. My three year old is the only one whose used the pen pretty much so ur has nothing to do with that. I just plain love the phone. I wasn't super happy with lollipop. Kinda feel like the colors and stuff were chasing apples latest offers but other than that it's been awesome. My iPhones would all end up almost un useable after jailbreaking and using them awhile. This one continues to purr along. Apple gone droid here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

nboard

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
One last thing that has probably been discussed. I like/LOVE being able to throw a memory card in and out of the phone. My new vw golf is now full of music courtesy of my note4 and my phone now has an additional 64gbs of memory for what 35$ or so from Amazon instead of the 300 extra it would cost to get a 120gb or whatever it is worth of memory in a 6+. So now I have two 32s 2 64s & 120gb cards and can spread my unlimited data all over the place since my wife also switched early after playing with my note to just an s5 from an iPhone 6. And she's loves it. I also bought her a tablet for Christmas also Samsung. We now have a Samsung TV. Which does have a flaw, I can only mirror and not hard wire to watch from our devices :( even though i paid the money for a Samsung cord, it doesn't work, didn't see it. But will work with my OLD iPhone 4 that way. Kooky but that's my ONLY complaint on any of these devices. That and lollipop killed my work S4 battery life. But not my marathon notes i don't think. Sorry babbling :(:(:(
Apple people give Android a real try, I still may try a different device when the time comes but it will be droid. And won't be counting down the days to my upgrade like apple made me do because the note shows no slowing and I'm happy with it. So more than likely my wife will use my next upgrade again while I continue to love my old phone :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Where? if it's on Chrome, then I'd suggest you to try the default browser as it has been verified that the lag on Chrome browsing this, other forums and some heavy loaded pages is because of the JavaScript feature, if you turn it off in Chrome it works perfectly but you are crippling the experience.

If you have Lags on other parts of the UI, then specify when or where so we can give you some advise. Like I've mentioned before my 2 S6 and 4 that I've helped to set, NONE of them are showing any signs of lag, they are running smoothly as they should.

Let me preface by saying I am an Android guy through and through. But by suggesting a user is "crippling the experience" by using the device as it is out the box is wrong. You have to understand, not everyone wants to dive into settings to make a device run well. I know most of us have no problem with doing that, but that is exactly why most of the mainstream public will always choose an iPhone over any one Android device. The Android platform is far superior to iOs in my opinion. But devices still need to run as close to flawless out the box as possible. As a long time user of android I still get frustrated at times. Now I would never switch to an iPhone but blaming the user for not having the optimal experience when they are just using the phone how it came to them in the box is not the answer. Not trolling friend just giving my opinion. Let's continue the conversation.

Last edited:

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I tossed out my Apple phones long ago that are only sold for their bling bling value not their technology. My LG G4 will have better specs and features than the iPhone 7 when it comes out in 2016. The i6 doesn't even have optical image stabilizer camera (OIS). No OIS is so obsolete for a expensive flagship phone. However the i6+ does have OIS but only 2 axle compared to my 3 axle LG G4 OIS. The LG G4 has a 16 MP with a ƒ/1.8 aperture lens that is better for low light conditions than i6+ƒ/2.2 aperture lens. Even my G4's selfie camera equals the i6+ with 8MP camera and the G4 has a better lens with a f/2.0 aperture lens than the back camera of the i6+ with it's weaker ƒ/2.2 aperture lens. The G4 even has a selfie flash. LG G4 has a laser focus like a real camera.

LG G4 has replaceable battery, SD card that supports up to 2 TB and I can stream 4K video (4K Slimport Support) to my 4K HDTV. The i6+ doesn't even have a 4K video recorder or a screen that is Quad HD like the LG G4.

Apple has yet to make a phone that support's T-Mobiles 700Mhz Band 12 unlike many Android phones that supports Band 12. Many people that have both the i6 and a Note 4/S6 claim they have much better reception on the Samsung device with more bars of signal. Apple phones always seen to have issues with reception even back to the i4 and it's "Antennagate issue". Apple is just Androids 2013 technology at 2016 prices.

This completely misses the point.
Apple phones are not sold for the bling value, they sell because they work well and offer a consistently good user experience.
It could be rocking a 486 processor with 4mb of memory for all I care so long as it runs quickly. Equally my old Note 4's whopping 3GB of memory didn't make me feel any better about it taking 5 seconds to open the multitasking page.

Megapixels? Lenses? Who cares? If my smartphone takes consistently great pictures I'm happy.
As for 4K video, I'm not going to store a load of massive video files to play on a TV that I might own in 5 years time. It's such a niche requirement that it's a non feature to nearly everyone.

QHD screen? What's the point? There's no real difference between an iPhone 6 screen and any QHD screen that I've seen. All they do is make the battery run down quicker and create a heavier load on the CPU.

Specs are a means to an end, not the end itself.

Say what you like about Apple but they are the only manufacturer that can be relied upon to consistently get the basics right and given how crucial smartphones have become to our day to day lives, that's a killer feature in itself.
I'm sorry to say that while all of the Android manufactures have been engaged in a pointless spec war, they should have been concentrating on making things work flawlessly.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

I do agree that LG G4 hardware spec is way better than iphone 6, but would you take Iphone 6 over LG G4 if Iphone 6 had LG G4 spec'ed hardware? This thread is more about android OS vs IOS. We all know that iphone hardware is always fall behind android flagship hardware, but IOS is much better optimized OS.

mi7chy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
What lag?

Here's Galaxy S6 playing Need for Speed Most Wanted, 1080p movie, Twitch.tv Counter-Strike live feed and a couple of active background SSH sessions without issue.

For comparison, iPhone 6 with iOS 8 can't do more than one foreground task and no background tasks like SSH. iOS is fine for a basic experience but Android is more for the power user.

Screenshot_2015-07-26-09-44-27a_zpss3orpyyy.png

Last edited:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Specs are a means to an end, not the end itself.

So you think you can come here and just make sense? People have been burned at the stake for less.

Android uses specs to largely differentiate against the competition. It is a strategy that has often found success. Apple does things differently and has proven repeatedly that they can successfully. Samsung's sPhone (S6) was another spec monster (except for the battery, of course). The Android market is crowded and complex and specs are what many use to know how their devices compares against the competition. I think Moto tried the Apple approach with the original Moto X.

from the Elegance

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Let me preface by saying I am an Android guy through and through. But by suggesting a user is "crippling the experience" by using the device as it is out the box is wrong. You have to understand, not everyone wants to dive into settings to make a device run well. I know most of us have no problem with doing that, but that is exactly why most of the mainstream public will always choose an iPhone over any one Android device. The Android platform is far superior to iOs in my opinion. But devices still need to run as close to flawless out the box as possible. As a long time user of android I still get frustrated at times. Now I would never switch to an iPhone but blaming the user for not having the optimal experience when they are just using the phone how it came to them in the box is not the answer. Not trolling friend just giving my opinion. Let's continue the conversation.

It's obvious that you either didn't read my post well or complete or somehow totally misunderstood what I said.

I was saying that it has been verified that Chrome in some devices browsing some pages like this forums and others is laggy, that you may fix it by turning off Javascript, but doing this is really crippling the browser experience as you lose tons of features.

So I don't really know what you misunderstood but it's clear that I'm saying that OUT OF THE BOX with Javascript on is what he should be using. Clearer now?

DarshOne

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Edit: this was in reply to another comment. However it appears you must quote instead of reply to a comment in order for your reply to make sense. Also no delete option. sweet. no more commenting here.

my verizon s6 doesnt have the samsung browser. Neither did my s5. only my s4 had it. my s6 overheats pretty often, Ive only gotten a warning about it once, but it runs so hot it hurts to touch. I also managed to bend it within a week. I am waiting for the i phone 6S to launch so I can SIM swap between both devices. the s6 is nice but rather buggy, as was somewhat expensive. woulndt have kept it had my s5 screen not shattered in my pocket.

Last edited:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Edit: this was in reply to another comment. However it appears you must quote instead of reply to a comment in order for your reply to make sense. Also no delete option. sweet. no more commenting here.

my verizon s6 doesnt have the samsung browser. Neither did my s5. only my s4 had it. my s6 overheats pretty often, Ive only gotten a warning about it once, but it runs so hot it hurts to touch. I also managed to bend it within a week. I am waiting for the i phone 6S to launch so I can SIM swap between both devices. the s6 is nice but rather buggy, as was somewhat expensive. woulndt have kept it had my s5 screen not shattered in my pocket.
I wish Samsung had just stuck to the path they were on with the Galaxy Alpha and Note 4. I know some people love the S6/S6e. We'll have to see how their Note 5 and Galaxy S6e Plus X2 (or whatever they're gonna call it) does.

from the Elegance

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I remember when everyone at my office had iPhones, then 3/4 of us eventually ended up with Android for the bigger screens. However, speaking for myself I've never really been happy with Android because of the lag, and the biggest issue is the bluetooth skipping issue during music playback. I've had 2 android phones and both with various versions of Android and they have all done this. There are several threads in various forums about this ongoing issue which of course Google continues to ignore. So, for me I will be going back to the iPhone with the release of iPhone 6s or 7 whatever Apple decides to call it. I am done with Android once and for all. I've told several folks in my office of my plans and it sort of funny because one just switched to an iPhone 6 this week and a few others are just waiting on the next version to switch. Apple's attention to detail and the fact that the software and the hardware are designed to work together proves itself over and over. I may not be able to customize it as with Android, but I'll give that up for stability, working bluetooth and far less lag. Freaking phones running 2.6GHZ processors with 3GB of RAM and they have lag. Crappy Android! Google attention to detail sucks!

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I remember when everyone at my office had iPhones, then 3/4 of us eventually ended up with Android for the bigger screens. However, speaking for myself I've never really been happy with Android because of the lag, and the biggest issue is the bluetooth skipping issue during music playback. I've had 2 android phones and both with various versions of Android and they have all done this. There are several threads in various forums about this ongoing issue which of course Google continues to ignore. So, for me I will be going back to the iPhone with the release of iPhone 6s or 7 whatever Apple decides to call it. I am done with Android once and for all. I've told several folks in my office of my plans and it sort of funny because one just switched to an iPhone 6 this week and a few others are just waiting on the next version to switch. Apple's attention to detail and the fact that the software and the hardware are designed to work together proves itself over and over. I may not be able to customize it as with Android, but I'll give that up for stability, working bluetooth and far less lag. Freaking phones running 2.6GHZ processors with 3GB of RAM and they have lag. Crappy Android! Google attention to detail sucks!

I also had better overall experience with apple iphones but iphone is really boring for me. I also really like blackberry BB10 OS. I personally think that BB10 OS is better than IOS but it lacks application really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87