07-30-2015 09:14 AM
363 ... 12131415
tools
    OP- I gave up on my S6 and went back to the iphone and an LG G4 as well. The S6 is beautiful, but is still in my opinion let down by crappy software and in my case made worse by Verizon eliminating some of the features which I'd have used. There is no real downside if you already like and use the samsung version of android, but coming to it from cleaner eco systems I found it better than the Note 4, but still needs to be properly tuned to work with the hardware better.

The LG G4 is solid and has much less annoying stutter/lag which is a touchwiz hallmark at this point. The Iphone is purely my personal phone and it works well for texting, email and calls.. .it is also the right size for pocketing during travels. The G4 and previously the S6 live in my briefcase unless I am at work and I need the bigger screen. The G4 handles games and spreadsheets admirably with less perceivable lag (to me - I think we all have different perception and tolerance for lag) than the S6.

side note - the S6 feels so good in your hand, and the build quality... it is almost like jewelry.
    07-28-2015 01:02 PM
    I've read here, from Rukbat I think, that letting the battery consistently drain down like that is actually harmful to it in the end. It was noted that it's a good idea to let it drop to ~40% routinely and then recharge. I admit that I haven't researched it further though.

Sent from the Elegance
    You're correct. John's info is more in tune with older battery tech
    07-28-2015 01:29 PM
    I haven't had any of the problems people keep listing, they may have had a bad batch or just are on a sucky carrier...I'm on Tmobile and have good connection = good battery life (I've heard a lot of people where I live who have sprint complain their phones are always dead, but have like 1-2 bars).
    I was going to say the same thing. Other than some small complaints about battery life (I notice that the S5's battery seemed to last longer/drain more slowly, and it usually had more apps running), and the occasional missed text, I'm not having anywhere near the complaints I'm seeing listed here. Also on T-Mobile.
    07-28-2015 01:38 PM
    I am still trying to figure out if I can make my s6 lag but so far it doesn't lag like other people mentioned. How do you guys get lag? Any app I should try?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Fille84 likes this.
    07-28-2015 01:38 PM
    I am still trying to figure out if I can make my s6 lag but so far it doesn't lag like other people mentioned. How do you guys get lag? Any app I should try?

Maybe it was just my Verizon variant, but I am not alone in this thought on lag. My lag was generated from opening the app drawer, typing was slow and un responsive at random times and just opening apps seemed a chore at times... then it would be blazing fast for a while with no stutter... My experience was inconsistent. I am glad that many folks don't have any issues... it is a neat phone and should do a great job.
    07-28-2015 01:43 PM
    Back and forth three times! Can you believe it???? But finally iPhone took the crown! Apple rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 01:44 PM
    Maybe it was just my Verizon variant, but I am not alone in this thought on lag. My lag was generated from opening the app drawer, typing was slow and un responsive at random times and just opening apps seemed a chore at times... then it would be blazing fast for a while with no stutter... My experience was inconsistent. I am glad that many folks don't have any issues... it is a neat phone and should do a great job.
    My s6 is tmobile and manufactured date is 6/22 if it matters.

07-28-2015 02:04 PM
    Back and forth three times! Can you believe it???? But finally iPhone took the crown! Apple rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes Apple takes the crown sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I love my 6 Plus and sometimes I get bored with it. Sometimes my Note 4 seems clunky and sometimes it's the beast to be reckoned with.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-28-2015 03:00 PM
    Sometimes Apple takes the crown sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I love my 6 Plus and sometimes I get bored with it. Sometimes my Note 4 seems clunky and sometimes it's the beast to be reckoned with.

Sent from the Elegance
    That sums up Android vs. iOS for me in general. When I first change my sim card to my iPhone, I think "this is so much better laid out and more simple to use day to day". But then I sometimes get kinda bored and back to Android where I can do more what I want with my phone.
    Gabo Todorov likes this.
    07-28-2015 07:10 PM
    So many of the issues people attribute to their phones or operating systems are straight up operator error and psychological perceptions.
    For example the misconception that app crashes more on Android and IOS through the years
    iOS Apps Crash More Than Android iOS Apps Crash More Than Android | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Android Lollipop Crashes Less Than iOS 8 Android Lollipop Crashes Less Than iOS 8 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    The one battle against iOS 8 that Android Lollipop is winning iOS 8 vs. Android 5.0 Lollipop: Crash rate comparison for apps | BGR
    Android Lollipop Has Less App Crashes Than iOS 8, Says Study - See more at: DailyTech - Android Lollipop Has Less App Crashes Than iOS 8, Says Study

and yet after all those articles people still percieve that iOS crashes less even counter to the evidence. People buy into Apples sleek advertising that "it just works."
    07-28-2015 10:18 PM
    I feel the s6 active is one of the best Android devices out there but still went back to the 6 plus. The iPhone to me is more stable than any android device and it works well with all the other Apple devices.
    07-29-2015 08:01 AM
    So many of the issues people attribute to their phones or operating systems are straight up operator error and psychological perceptions.
    For example the misconception that app crashes more on Android and IOS through the years
    iOS Apps Crash More Than Android iOS Apps Crash More Than Android | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Android Lollipop Crashes Less Than iOS 8 Android Lollipop Crashes Less Than iOS 8 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    The one battle against iOS 8 that Android Lollipop is winning iOS 8 vs. Android 5.0 Lollipop: Crash rate comparison for apps | BGR
    Android Lollipop Has Less App Crashes Than iOS 8, Says Study - See more at: DailyTech - Android Lollipop Has Less App Crashes Than iOS 8, Says Study

and yet after all those articles people still percieve that iOS crashes less even counter to the evidence. People buy into Apples sleek advertising that "it just works."
    You do realize that people can cherry pick articles that" prove " that Lollipop crashes more than IOS, right? You are aware of that aren't you? I'm pretty sure in your Google searches you came across such articles but of course ignored those because they don't prove your case.
    Your second to last sentence should have read like this:
    "and yet after all those articles I CHERRY PICKED, people still percieve that iOS crashes less even counter to the evidence."
    07-29-2015 09:08 AM
    I wouldn't touch an Apple product with Tim Cook's hands. It's a shame too since Android and Apple are Linux based.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    07-29-2015 09:15 AM
    I've been considering moving from my S6 to an iPhone 6 plus. My reasons are different from any of those I've read in here though. I also get the serious lag in using the built in keyboard but that hasn't been a deal breaker for me. The thing that has me contemplating moving to Apple is this, I'm just plain tired of being nothing more than a pair of eyes for Google's advertising!

The firsts purpose of Android, as designed by Google, is an as advertising conduit. To shove advertising at its users. This is how Google makes it's money. They don't make money by selling android to the phone manufacturers, but in fact, made android highly attractive by making it mostly open source so HTC, Samsung, LG etc. can use it freely on their devices. The fact that it is a smartphone OS is how they push their advertising to everyone using it. They gather data on their users like crazy in order to make their advertising "relevant".

Since getting the S6 (on day 1), I've noticed a strong increase on the amount and type of advertising. At first I thought it was probably a rogue app (I download few apps) so I cleared the cache and reset the phone. Well, the advertising onslaught continued. I'm just fed up to my eyeballs with it. I'm not so concerned about the data mining because I have nothing to hide, but, by the same token I wouldn't like the idea of someone peeking through my windows at me while I was at home watching TV, nothing to hide, but I prize my privacy for the simple reason that I have a right to it.

I know there will be few (if any) who will likely agree with me in this forum and in this thread, but these are my thoughts and even though I've used android as an OS almost since the beginning of android, I am now seriously giving thought to jumping ship. It's a hard choice after all this time so I'm in no hurry, but every time an ad jumps up in my face on my S6 I seem to nudge a little closer to making the switch.
    07-29-2015 10:38 AM
    I think there are many people going back to ios. Android 5+ is like trash and touchwiz is a [language removed by mod]. Although I am an Android user from the time of HTC G3, I can barely stay with the google OS right now because the user experience gets worse and worst now days. But IOS is like a beautiful jail, I cannot switch to it either. I am waiting for a third OS which is gorgeous and open.
    07-29-2015 11:27 AM
    I think there are many people going back to ios. Android 5+ is like trash and touchwiz is a [language removed by mod]. Although I am an Android user from the time of HTC G3, I can barely stay with the google OS right now because the user experience gets worse and worst now days. But IOS is like a beautiful jail, I cannot switch to it either. I am waiting for a third OS which is gorgeous and open.
    Don't know that I would call Android "trash", but 5.0 is the worst iteration of android that I've seen and I've been on it since Éclair. Windows actually functions very nicely but their app world is just the pits. I use few apps but the ones that I do use to track investments need to be full bodied and powerful with charts that can do Candles, Bollinger Bands etc. Windows has nothing capable of that (that I've been able to find). I would prefer something other than IOS but there is nothing else out there now that I know of. Tizen isn't available yet except on a few low end phones which tells me that it is not yet ready for a flagship type phone and they are testing it out live on those low cost phones.

The sheer thought of going to IOS has been the one thing that has kept me from dumping android right now but it gets harder and harder to do with each new ad that gets in my face.
    07-29-2015 11:47 AM
    I've been considering going back to android but I really like the text messages going to my iPad. Honestly iOS 7 & 8 have been very buggy and glitchy for me. My iP6 stutters all the time. iOS 6 and iP5 was the best it got.
    07-29-2015 12:04 PM
    You do realize that people can cherry pick articles that" prove " that Lollipop crashes more than IOS, right? You are aware of that aren't you? I'm pretty sure in your Google searches you came across such articles but of course ignored those because they don't prove your case.
    Your second to last sentence should have read like this:
    "and yet after all those articles I CHERRY PICKED, people still percieve that iOS crashes less even counter to the evidence."
    Go ahead and link the articles. I linked article that went back a few operating systems iterations. But then again you probably know better than everyone anyways.
    You can love on iOS all you want, but iOS is prone to failures and unstable as windows and Android . Unfortunately Americans are sheep and easily led by sleek advertising.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-29-2015 12:30 PM
    Go ahead and link the articles. I linked article that went back a few operating systems iterations. But then again you probably know better than everyone anyways.
    You can love on iOS all you want, but iOS is prone to failures and unstable as windows and Android . Unfortunately Americans are sheep and easily led by sleek advertising.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This is simply not true..at least not for me and many other ppl I know. I cant speak for Windows phone because I never used one but I've had extensive use of both Android and iOS and iOS is 10x more stable. Is iOS perfect? of course not. But I rarely have lag, crashes or bugs when using my iPhone. My S6 had app crashes, weird glitches (wifi turning on/off by itself) lag when switching between apps, stutter scrolling web browsers and I can go on. My wifes S5 is doing the same thing, she cant wait to can go back to iPhone when her contract is up. Dont get me wrong, there are many things Android does well and I know there are alot of ppl very satisfied with it and thats great but iOS is not as unstable as Android. Even most Android users will admit that. Has nothing to do with sleek advertising. Even if i got a iPhone because I was sucked in by the ads if it didnt work well I wouldnt use it...period. No amount of advertising will get me to keep a product that sucks.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-29-2015 01:21 PM
    Looking at some of these posts, I would not be happy if I had to choose between Android and iOS. It's fun to use both as I don't feel like I'm missing out on a thing.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-29-2015 01:59 PM
    I think I might get the new ipod touch apple released. That way I get both android and iOS I don't want to flat out buy an iPhone because that's really expensive and the ipod touch should suffice my iOS needs

Posted via my shiny galaxy s6
    07-29-2015 02:21 PM
    I think I might get the new ipod touch apple released. That way I get both android and iOS I don't want to flat out buy an iPhone because that's really expensive and the ipod touch should suffice my iOS needs

Posted via my shiny galaxy s6
    Good idea.

from the Elegance
    07-29-2015 02:46 PM
    Wow, this thread has grown legs. I have a 6+ and an S6. No desire to use the 6+ as a DD. Too dang boring. Glad my S6 is one of the seemingly few solid ones. Android is so much more fun and interesting.
    07-29-2015 03:05 PM
    Wow, this thread has grown legs. I have a 6+ and an S6. No desire to use the 6+ as a DD. Too dang boring. Glad my S6 is one of the seemingly few solid ones. Android is so much more fun and interesting.
    I dare say that some folks may be so busy with their lives elsewhere that they totally overlook the entertainment value that their phones OS itself could be providing.

from the Elegance
    Adanick1 and cbreze like this.
    07-29-2015 03:40 PM
    Someone should create a new thread called "who owns both iPhone 6 and S6?" Lol

07-29-2015 04:22 PM
363 ... 12131415