Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually don't recommend changing the animation speeds. Speeding up the animation time gives the perceived effect that the phone is more erratic and unpredictable. This is just a theory but I think psychologically we perceive the phone as more robust, reliable and predictable if we can actually see the animations occurring. The animation speed needs to be just right, not to slow not to fast and I think they have done a pretty good job.

dreaming of electric sheep

Mine is at default (1x) for the first time in years using Samsung devices, so that will tell you a lot, BUT for people already complaining about lag then decreasing Animation speed had been the universal advice and for some this has done the trick so it's not Bad idea for him to try, maybe he is one of those that can see difference doing it, if not, he can go back to default

Last edited:

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
4 of my co-workers have the s6. Three of us have zero issues, and the other has horrid lag even after factory resetting etc. It's odd to say the least. Do they have different manufacturing locations? Could this be a thing? How would you go about finding that out?

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't find the Play Store larger or better. In fact it's the opposite. When I use the iPhone version of the apps I use most, the iOS versions are almost always better.

Agree 100%. The iOS version of almost any app is usually higher quality and more feature rich than the Android version. I do like the ability to side load apps that may not be available in the Play store on android like Showbox tho.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Agree 100%. The iOS version of almost any app is usually higher quality and more feature rich than the Android version. I do like the ability to side load apps that may not be available in the Play store on android like Showbox tho.

I don't know how many times I have to say I wasn't talking about the QUALITY

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how many times I have to say I wasn't talking about the QUALITY

I'd rather have a few quality apps than tons of crappy ones though. Even if there is less variety. I'm assuming you're referring to apps that can't be on iOS because of the App Store guidelines. I really haven't found that many that are worth keeping honestly. I do get your point though. We just have a difference in opinion.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'd rather have a few quality apps than tons of crappy ones though. Even if there is less variety. I'm assuming you're referring to apps that can't be on iOS because of the App Store guidelines. I really haven't found that many that are worth keeping honestly. I do get your point though. We just have a difference in opinion.

When an app like Facebook or Twitter drains battery in the background I like being able to have the option of choosing a different app to replace it. Especially when Facebook is pathetic on android and doesn't even send out notifications

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
When an app like Facebook or Twitter drains battery in the background I like being able to have the option of choosing a different app to replace it. Especially when Facebook is pathetic on android and doesn't even send out notifications

I think FB is poorly written on both platforms honestly. The more "features" they add, the worse it gets at handling basic things like loading feeds that have more than a few photos.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't find the Play Store larger or better. In fact it's the opposite. When I use the iPhone version of the apps I use most, the iOS versions are almost always better.

I would say I disagree on this point. I had an iPhone 6+ for a few months and the apps were either the same as my Android version or worse. An example is the Amazon app doesn't allow you to stream over mobile but on the Android version I can.

Also I hate the limit on the App Store. If on mobile data I can't even download some apps till I find WiFi .. Why do I not have an option? Apple shouldn't play "police" with my data plan.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I would say I disagree on this point. I had an iPhone 6+ for a few months and the apps were either the same as my Android version or worse. An example is the Amazon app doesn't allow you to stream over mobile but on the Android version I can.

Also I hate the limit on the App Store. If on mobile data I can't even download some apps till I find WiFi .. Why do I not have an option? Apple shouldn't play "police" with my data plan.

I haven't really streamed much over mobile since I got my iPhone 6. I wanted to get the 128GB, so I chose the NEXT plan to save a few bucks at the time of purchase. It's the worst mobile related decision I've ever made honestly. Giving up my grandfathered unlimited plan in the process. Everytime I want to watch a show on Netflix or stream some music I wanna punch myself.

Pixelsalad

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
i'm thinking now of going back to iphone.
I really enjoy S6, but i hate video camera performance. it always has a moment of refocusing from one thing to another, has quite poor stabilisation and is impossible to use as an action camera. Didn't have these problems with an iphone. But i guess i'll wait until 5.1 update first.

Photo camera is better on S6 though, but i really needed good in move camera on the phone.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
The photo camera on the S6 is better in all respects photo wise except for auto flash. Auto flash on the s6 is abysmal. Many times it doesn't automatically turn on the flash in dark situations when it needs it. It's gotten to the point where I no longer feel safe using autoflash because it just doesn't get the job done

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed that same thing, too. Let me use my [language removed] mobile data plan if I want to. Why does Apple have to police everything? It's the same with some apps, like Dropbox, where you can't auto-upload pics until you're on wi-fi. If I want to bombard MY data plan by uploading a ton of stuff, then let me. Again, why does Apple get to police that?

Also, why in the [language removed] can I not change my effing alarm volume independently from my system volume?!?! Why is this simple task so difficult (See: Impossible) on iOS?!?! If I turn down my volume on my phone, and forget to change it before bed, guess what?! I miss my alarm!

Now, I'm not here to bash Apple - I actually really like their products. But people who say that it's such a flawless experience seem to be missing something, in my opinion. There are limitations and restrictions on its use, and many issues that make it somewhat difficult for me to use on a daily basis.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think I need to make a YouTube video of my lag problems to show you guys what I'm talking about

Posted with my shiny s6

I'm with you here - I know you aren't crazy. I had an S6 that lagged when it had been used too much. It would take a long time to open a text or other message. I wanted to chuck it through the wall sometimes. And now I have an S6 Active - guess what? It does the same thing when its taxed. Never saw this with my Nexus 6. So it's going back and I'm most likely firing up the Nexus again.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that same thing, too. Let me use my [language removed] mobile data plan if I want to. Why does Apple have to police everything? It's the same with some apps, like Dropbox, where you can't auto-upload pics until you're on wi-fi. If I want to bombard MY data plan by uploading a ton of stuff, then let me. Again, why does Apple get to police that?

Also, why in the [language removed] can I not change my effing alarm volume independently from my system volume?!?! Why is this simple task so difficult (See: Impossible) on iOS?!?! If I turn down my volume on my phone, and forget to change it before bed, guess what?! I miss my alarm!

Now, I'm not here to bash Apple - I actually really like their products. But people who say that it's such a flawless experience seem to be missing something, in my opinion. There are limitations and restrictions on its use, and many issues that make it somewhat difficult for me to use on a daily basis.

That's one thing i miss about my s6. Being able to control the system volume vs. the ringtone volume, etc, was very convenient. I keep having to remember I can't do that anymore with the iphone lol

Last edited by a moderator:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's one thing i miss about my s6. Being able to control the system volume vs. the ringtone volume, etc, was very convenient. I keep having to remember I can't do that anymore with the iphone lol

I never really noticed this until a couple weeks ago when I put my SIM back in my iPhone 6. That's a really handy thing to be able to do. It's not something I need daily as I usually work nights, but the option is great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty