Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You said the phone doesn't say how much you've actually used it. I was just showing you that it does

And I said more after that... No need to cherry pick :).

I was saying SoT isn't equal to "usage" so your 10 hours of usage is with 2 or so hours of screen on time? Seems pretty on point for the same as my Android phones. Also as you stated before you're using it as a wifi only device -- If you do that with most Android phones you get more life as well. Cell signal drains the battery a lot due to the phone having to keep it alive.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
And I said more after that... No need to cherry pick :).

I was saying SoT isn't equal to "usage" so your 10 hours of usage is with 2 or so hours of screen on time? Seems pretty on point for the same as my Android phones. Also as you stated before you're using it as a wifi only device -- If you do that with most Android phones you get more life as well. Cell signal drains the battery a lot due to the phone having to keep it alive.

If I have an android device ever reach 41 hours without me ever having to recharge it even once I'm dreaming. I've NEVER had a phone last that long off the charger

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If I have an android device ever reach 41 hours without me ever having to recharge it even once I'm dreaming. I've NEVER had a phone last that long off the charger

I'm charging my M9 right now. I'm gonna use it wifi only and see what happens. I'm not saying you or Almeuit is wrong or right. I'm just curious to see what happens.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm charging my M9 right now. I'm gonna use it wifi only and see what happens. I'm not saying you or Almeuit is wrong or right. I'm just curious to see what happens.

I put my s6 into airplane mode once and kept it on wifi only. I got 21 hours total off the charger

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I got both devices and they're both great, but overall experience I gotta give edge to iPhone 6 plus. IOS is very stable and battery management is way too good, but it's so boring lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I have seen some Note 4s from my forum team last a loooonggg time via wifi online and not using cellular.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Again -- please realize I am not saying it doesn't get good battery life which you seem to be taking it that way. I am simply saying your 10 hours of "usage" doesn't mean 10 hours of screen on time. You have 10 hours w/ 2-2 1/2 hours of SoT which seems pretty normal for a wifi only device. Most Android phones can hit that without an issue.

I could dig up some screenshots of my 6+ where I killed it to 50% in 2 hours time. It just depends on usage.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Again -- please realize I am not saying it doesn't get good battery life which you seem to be taking it that way. I am simply saying your 10 hours of "usage" doesn't mean 10 hours of screen on time. You have 10 hours w/ 2-2 1/2 hours of SoT which seems pretty normal for a wifi only device. Most Android phones can hit that without an issue.

I could dig up some screenshots of my 6+ where I killed it to 50% in 2 hours time. It just depends on usage.

How is it only 2-2.5 hours???

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How is it only 2-2.5 hours???

Actually you are right -- I added up what I could see and it is about 4-4.5 hours... but again that really isn't anything over my Android devices considering you are using it on wifi only and are down to 2%.

Apple does have good battery management .. Better than Android but they are also different in how they operate. Apple allows some back ground tasks whereas Android allows the entire app to run full power (if it calls for it). My gf's iPad Air 2 has amazing life (wifi-only model) and we only charge it once every 1 to 1 1/2 weeks so I agree on the life lasting. I agree the 6/6+ get good life but it doesn't just smoke my Android devices. I used the 6+ for about 5-6 months so I am not going off just a week of playing with it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I got both devices and they're both great, but overall experience I gotta give edge to iPhone 6 plus. IOS is very stable and battery management is way too good, but it's so boring lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I completely agree. iOS is much smoother, more consistent, and more predictable in general use. I do love the customization and more granular control of the OS in Android as well. I read a lot about how people would move to iOS if they allowed more user control, but then you would run into the same issues as Android. They just handle things differently. Neither is right or wrong. Just different.

Status
Not open for further replies.