Email notifications suddenly not working?

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this the other day that my Yahoo app randomly stopped receiving notifications. I never changed anything email or sync related for a long time so it makes this harder to solve. I dont even remember having sync on ever for my Yahoo emails (maybe this sounds stupid and it was on the whole time but I cant remember). Anyway I tried deleting the accounts and re-adding, using the default email app and adding the same accounts, clearing app date/caches, re-installing Yahoo app, clearing cache partition, and turning all the syncs on/off and playing with those settings. What I did notice was a suspicious log in a few days ago from out of state which I am not sure is part of this or not, but it was on android supposedly, I changed my PW just to be sure.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Cant seem to find much about it out there :/

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Any suggestions? Seems to be happening with all other email apps too (gmail, stock, yahoo still). I used to receive them instantly on Yahoo, i dont remember changing any options and would prefer not to have to do a factory reset

Ken McLeod

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, same thing happened with me, this past week or so. My wife received a spam email from my yahoo account yesterday to a unique email I have in my yahoo contact list. Not sure if this is related, but you mentioned an "out of state" log. Hard to see how that would effect the notifications, though.