Anyone having gps issues?

A

AC Question

anyone having gps issue ?

Hi is anyone having problem with gps sensitivity...i downloaded gps test app from playstore...i open the app and the gps is functioning with an accuracy of not less than 20 feet with a good gps signal..however the coordinates(the latitude and longitude) seems to be the problem...my s6 was able to fix the coordinates when i open the application intially before starting to drive...but after making a short movement and halting..the coordinates become unstable and doest fix to a stable coordinate...my previous s4 however is able to do so..after multiple movements, the s4 gps was still able to fix the coordinates..the s6 however fails to fix the coordinates precisely..is this a common problem faced by S6 users or am i facing a hardware/software problem...can anyone try downloading the app and share their experience here..thanks..

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: anyone having gps issue ?

Location and/or proximity to GPS antennas may also be affecting your results, as does any obstructions (i.e. being inside a building rather than outside). If you are having problems try toggling airplane mode (off/on) and see if that fixes your problems.

CyberZA

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue on my S4 - I know it must be a software issue cause the GPS status software shows it connects to satellites then a few seconds later loses connection. Making playing Ingress a major issue.

Is their a way to see what apps are "hogging" the GPS? Maybe that way we can see what is happing.

(this has only started a few days ago)