Samsung Galaxy S6 Internal Damage??

Jaxposition Le

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Basically as clumsy as always, I dropped my S6... I was using my earpiece and my mum called me from the living room. I quickly detached the earpiece from my ears, get up from my bed and ran. Little did I know the earpiece wire, which is connected to my s6, got caught on my legs. So in a running motion, the s6 got pulled by the wire... the top edge of the phone hits the marble floor first, then the phone slams on the floor, screen facing down... (It flew from my bed, about half a metre off the ground.)

Judging from the slam, I thought the screen cracked but it didnt luckily. It was still working perfectly fine. However, I dont want to be paranoid but I notice the charging of the phone makes it overly heating and the temperature kinds of flacuates alot. It can go to 38 degrees celcius, charging or not. And the place where it is the hottest is where the phone hits the ground first which is the top edge of the phone near the selfie camera.

What should I do? Should I send for a repair while I have still warranty. It is barely 2 months and I already dropped my phone. Im still hating myself for dropping it...

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is why a case is important. Your call but be ready to be without a phone for at least two weeks. Mine all heats when charging so I no longer use the fast charger.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Jaxposition Le

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi I have a case its called the RINGKE Slim, you can search it up. It protects the back but not the front... Im actually more afraid of the internal damage than the surface as it is more difficult to repair.

Just want to know if dropping the phone from abt half a metre will do damage internally? Like how does a phone works inside. Is it shock-resistant from this height?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have a case its called the RINGKE Slim, you can search it up. It protects the back but not the front... Im actually more afraid of the internal damage than the surface as it is more difficult to repair.

Just want to know if dropping the phone from abt half a metre will do damage internally? Like how does a phone works inside. Is it shock-resistant from this height?

Only time will tell. Check to see if your screen still rotates.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Slim cases are generally ineffective in protecting from drops, since they are thin and offer little cushioning. Many are made of hard plastic, but even if rubberized they are too thin to offer much protection from serious damage. They protect from scratches and small cracks, but the impact shock is not reduced much and therefore makes it through to the phone. Once you have resolved the current issue, you should consider a case such as the Otterbox Defender or Lifeproof. Others are presuming you have a add-on phone warranty that includes accidental damage - hopefully you do. Are you sure it didn't exhibit the heating before? Others are experiencing that without having dropped theirs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non