AT&T update

darnocs

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Here are all the feature changes I noticed, including little things:

–You can no longer select text in an input field by double tapping a word; now must long press to select.

–Volume buttons work normally in the Messaging app (previously they changed the font size)

–You can't grab the scrollbars on the sides of most apps to quick scroll (this was a feature that worked for most apps in 5.0.2)

–Obviously, Samsung Pay

–A new app from AT&T or Samsung: Games (which can be uninstalled entirely)

–Apps don't reload immeidately after you switch to a different app via the Recent button and then switch back. However, they do still reload on occasion, like with Chrome.

–Recents button responds ever so slightly faster (the lag is probably inherent because of the multitasking feature)

–Live streaming is a new mode in Camera, to automatically upload to YouTube

–I'm pretty sure the Messaging app settings layout got tweaked but I can't remember how

–I'm possibly wrong, but I think the font settings in Display apply more universally now. Previously I had it set to "very small" but the font in Gmail emails didn't seem to be affected. Now, Gmail emails are small like other text.

–I've heard of the option to change the parallax effect in TouchWiz launcher, but I'm using the GNL and am too lazy to check TW

That's all I've noticed so far.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Also:

- New feature in camera pro mode to change exposure

- New task in Calendar defaults to last calender set (used to default to My Tasks)

- Minor tweaks to Theme store UI

- Animations throughout seem a little faster

OnlyNismo

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I tried the update from AT&T for last two days. eight tries myself all the downloads failed at install. I called AT&T and they sent the download to my phone it failed. I went to Best Buy and Samsung didn't have the new download to 5.1.1. I called again AT&T last night they sent the download to my phone I thought it's not going to work. Well it did! Don't give up call AT&T have them send the download to your phone. I didn't change a thing from all the times I tried so it's on their end I believe. BTW my phone works super great fast smooth with the 5.1.1

I tried the OTA update fromm AT&T about 5 times...all failed. Went to Best Buy and even though their software said it was successful twice, when we rebooted the phone, it did not install the update. I deleted my cache files (about 8 GBs) even thought I had 10 GB free space. I called AT&T and they pushed the updated to my phone. I updated right away when it finished downloading and the update was successful!

i would recommend calling AT&T to push the update to your phone. File may not get downloaded properly when you request for the update.

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Also:

- New feature in camera pro mode to change exposure

- New task in Calendar defaults to last calender set (used to default to My Tasks)

- Minor tweaks to Theme store UI

- Animations throughout seem a little faster

I'm not seeing any new exposure setting in the camera pro mode

Posted via the Android Central App

lozo0055

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I need some help. Tried doing the update several times. It'll download and when I try to do it I get the att logo and it says update failed. I went to best buy and the Samsung rep said they didn't have the new update in their system and to go to att. So I went to att and they said they don't do updates there. So they said call att. So i called att to get the update, they said my phone was downloading it. And when I tried it just now it did the same thing again and said update failed. So what do I do now?

hwilliams41

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I have tried several times to update my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and every time it downloads and when my phone turns off and then back on to start installing the new 5.1.1 update it fails and I get the little dead android with the red exclamation coming out of his belly. I had read trying to make sure all my system apps were enabled and so I did and it still didn't work. ATT store rep told me I may have to do it through the Samsung Kies online via my computer, or factory reset my phone. Any other ideas? I really don't want to do either.

RockPaperBFG

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My S6 wouldn't install 5.1.1 successfully, so I took it to Best Buy on Thursday. They didn't have 5.1.1 so they decided to push 5.0.2 back on it hoping it would clear up my issue and allow 5.1.1 OTA to install. Instead it wrecked my phone and broke the OS connection to the radio (no IMEI, no mobile network options in the settings). They couldn't get it working again and pushed me off on AT&T. All AT&T could do for me was warranty exchange my phone, but since we don't have a depot that handles that locally, I need to wait until they ship it to me. I should have it today, but it certainly has left me pissed off with Samsung. Four days without a phone is not fun.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Having gone through this, I decided to wipe my phone to reset to factory settings. Did the update after that, and it worked. Pain in the rear, but the improvements in 5.1.1 were worth it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When I turned my phone on, got a message that Android was starting apps. Has this always been there? What apps are being started?

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
When I turned my phone on, got a message that Android was starting apps. Has this always been there? What apps are being started?

I now get that as well, it's new with 5.1.1. I'd imagine it refers to system apps and anything else enabled to run at startup.

Have you wiped cached recently?

This startup message displayed for me before and after wiping the cache partition.

jrolly

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Since the update the Google Speech to text will freeze requiring a reset to shut it down only on the S6 Edge. AT&T tech support pointed the finger at Samsung but when I called Samsung said it was only an AT&T is sure and no other carrier.

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just talked a rep at the samunung counter at my local best buy. They just got the 5.1.1 update from at&t today. Hoping to get by there after work to finally get the upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87