S6, still your favourite? It is mine!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Warning: this is an extremely biased post.

G4, Moto X, one plus 2, LG V10, iPhone 6s, HTC one M9/A9, Nexus 5X/6p, Xperia Z5 and many more have arrived and the smartphone year is almost over.

Of course the new one plus and Droid Turbo are yet to come.

I've personally used and been a fan of the iPhones, nexii, Xperia, Droid turbo and HTC in the past. I absolutely hated Samsung for destroying the spirit of android. Made them slow and clunky. I love android and the openness it provides. But Samsung used to butcher it by putting a heavy skin on it, bogging down the experience with all their devices.

But, in my opinion, 2015 belonged to Samsung Galaxy S line up along with the new Note 5.

The Galaxy S 2015 line up struggled with battery. Yes it did. It does now even. But, it still holds up its own after all this time. The build, design and the camera trumps everything else there is on the market. Plus the edge versions are the sexiest and the most unique phones out there in my opinion. They just look SO good!

What do you think?
Which phone or manufacturer is the smartphone king for 2015?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I still love my s6. My battery life has actually suffered after the 5.1.1 update on AT&T but it still gets me through the day. My SOT has went from Avg 5h to Avg 2.5h after the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Although the battery life is poor, i still love my S6 and there arent any Android phones i'd chose at this point over it (im not a fan of phablets).

Ryan Wallace

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Those of you with poor battery life, are you heavy users of Google Now and location history? Those have been my two biggest battery killers every time I use them. With them off, I've always gotten no less than 24 hours of battery life with up to 5 hrs SOT to. It's been consistent too. No worrying about Google Play Services suddenly running rouge or the mobile active radio bug taking all my battery (it's a light sipper now) while on 4G LTE. All in all, this has been my phone of the year.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s while my s6 went to samsung for repairs. I was close to dumping my s6 because it lagged. Now I have it back with a fresh restore and it's back to amazing. Already got my refund on the 6s.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Those of you with poor battery life, are you heavy users of Google Now and location history. Those have been my two biggest battery killers every time I use them. With them off, I've always gotten no less than 24 hours of battery life with up to 5 hrs SOT to. It's been consistent too. No worrying about Google Play Services suddenly running rouge or the mobile active radio bug taking all my battery (it's a light sipper now) while on 4G LTE. All in all, this has been my phone of the year.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Location (including history) is off, unless I need to use GPS. Google Now on or off, I honestly dont notice a difference regarding the battery. Before 5.1.1 my battery is actually decent, however since then the life has dropped about 20%.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Still loving this phone! Only complaint is the subpar battery life. Thought not being able to have an SD card in this phone would be a problem but it hasn't been a problem at all.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
S6 is amazing but battery life and phone reception are equally as annoying.

dreaming of electric sheep

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Very disappointed with mine. I've had the S3, S5 and now the S6. Having issues with service in areas I didn't with my S5. Also having trouble with GPS saying it's offline, try again. Yesterday it happened and I turned off location and back on and it worked. Never had this issue with my S5. Heading back to Best Buy tonight. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
My S6 is ok. The battery lasts enough if I'm not on it non-stop. Even before having an S6 I used a battery pack with my Moto G. I'd definitely get another Samsung when my Sprint lease is up.

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
They reflashed my phone at the Samsung store section and tried it again. Very inconsistent signal. I went from LTE to 3G to !, yes, ! within one mile where I didn't have an issue with my S5. I'm returning the phone tomorrow and cancelling the contract. If not I'm stuck with this stupid phone for 2 years. Very disappointed to say the least.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I still love my S6 and haven't had any issues with lag, GPS, or poor battery life, The camera works great and the system is fast enough for my needs. With all the newer smartphones being released, I don't see a reason to switch from my S6.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Under $100 = Moto e
$100-200 = Moto G 3rd generation
$200-300 = Oneplus X
$300-400 = HTC one A9 (till the 7th of november), oneplus X, Nexus 5X
$400-500 = Moto X pure, Nexus 6p
$500-600 = Nexus 6p
$600-1000 = Samsung galaxy S6 edge plus (personal opinion), Galaxy S6 for a smaller size (because I own it and love it), could be any phone to be honest. Who cares. You're rich. And stupid.

Agreed? Anyone? No?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s while my s6 went to samsung for repairs. I was close to dumping my s6 because it lagged. Now I have it back with a fresh restore and it's back to amazing. Already got my refund on the 6s.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Same here. Returned my 6s last night. I'm happy with my galaxy s6!

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Love my S6! I upgraded from the S4 and now it feels as if I never had that phone. The S6 is almost perfect and even battery issues can be eased by simply turning on "Power saving mode" in settings. The only thing that drives me crazy is the thumbprint unlock. There are times it unlocks without a problem the first time, other times it can take several times and it doesn't. Aside from that, so happy I went with the S6 and not the iPhone 6+.

J

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Still love it, even with the battery issues...no interest at all to try new androids, the only phone I'd change it for is a Note 5. Even after playing around with my wife's new 6S, I much prefer my S6.

coldfilter

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with the fingerprint. So I just used the same thumb to occupy 3 of the four fingerprint slots available (the fourth I reserved for my partner) Now it unlocks just about always at the first touch

Tiny Burton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Loving it...

More so when my AllShare Cast Wireless Hub arrives!

I'll be busy hammering the unlimited Internet downloading films galore 😃

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non