Phone returned from Samsung with Issues:

bolbol97

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
My phone [Galaxy S6 SM-920f] got water damaged, and wasn't booting so I delivered it to Samsung to get fixed, they called to let me know they were changing its motherboard and its battery, I accepted and after about a week and a half went to retrieve it, it was working fine but I noticed that the latest update marshmallow 6.0.1 (first of August security patch) was installed. Should a new motherboard have the latest update or it should come with the factory default Android Lollipop 5.0.1??
Also the loudspeaker has an issue, where I play music or so for 2-3 minutes then it plays a sound like a radio not finding a station, it's hard to describe, anyways when I stop the music playback the sound stops after seconds. Replaying the music again makes the issue but now after a shorter amount of time, even notification sound or the keyboard writing sound makes this noise.

Thanks anyway.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would not be surprised if they updated the phone to 6.0.1 before sending it back to you.

Does the music issue happen with only locally saved music files, or also with streaming music?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Should a new motherboard have the latest update or it should come with the factory default Android Lollipop 5.0.1??
The manufacturer maintains only the latest version of Android. (Maintaining a version costs money.) By now, all the motherboards they have in stock that can accept 6.0.1 (IOW, all those they've written it for) should have it installed. (Think about it - spending the time of 5 people to fix a bug on an older version - when it's fixed on the newer version - isn't the way to make money.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty