Why does my homebutton only work during phone calls. Samsung Galaxy S6

james0408

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
At first it worked then it just randomly started opening the google now app. So I deleted it because I couldn't do anythibg as it popped up like every 2 seconds...literally. Then it stopped working completely. I tried it during a phone call and it worked so I tried again and it alwats works during phone calls. Also sometimes the power button doesn't work until after I press the home button softkey in the assistant menu thing. This always happens after recording a video on snapchat and after a phone call. It happens other times too...seems random tho. Please help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
At first it worked then it just randomly started opening the google now app. So I deleted it because I couldn't do anythibg as it popped up like every 2 seconds...literally. Then it stopped working completely. I tried it during a phone call and it worked so I tried again and it alwats works during phone calls. Also sometimes the power button doesn't work until after I press the home button softkey in the assistant menu thing. This always happens after recording a video on snapchat and after a phone call. It happens other times too...seems random tho. Please help.
Try clearing the device cache. If that doesn't work then it's most likely a hardware issue, and you need to have the home and power buttons fixed: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-173557/&token=dQeKqSsG