Keyboard auto space and capitalisation after punctuation... Not working.

Stevie R1

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I'm having issues with the stock keyboard on my S6. It won't auto capitalise, nor put a space, automatically after a comma or full stop, etc. It shows spelling suggestions, but doesn't select them. The auto correct, auto punctuation and space are all switched on. I have cleared the data, the cache, etc... I've switched to English, English UK, English US... Makes no difference. It is doing this in all messaging apps, and browsers. Other keyboards are doing this too... Gboard and Go keyboard. SwiftKey, and AI keyboard still work fine. I've Googled all morning, and there seems to be an issue, but no one can suggest a solution. I've even installed a patch, that done nothing. All settings are on... Language and input>virtual keyboard... Been and done that. Cleared data, and cache on all keyboards... It's made no difference, at all. I prefer the way the other keyboards work, and their layouts,as SwiftKey is cumbersome to select a question mark, and I often hit the full stop, instead of space, it's so close together, etc... I'll not go into my list of reasons. I just want to get the auto features of the other keyboards working again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty