Water damage...

Rds030903

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
That is tough to hear @Rds030903, and @Law2138 you are absolutely right. Doesn't make me feel any more warm and bubbly that my phone has been taken apart and pieced back together.

I have been on the phone with AT&T and Samsung for hours today. I started with Samsung, as I laid out in an earlier post, and they directed me to AT&T. I spoke to a representative who was extremely helpful. It got to the point where I gave them my Samsung claim number and they contacted Samsung directly. Even they were not able to get Samsung to budge.

I then called Samsung again and requested a refund and will not accept any less. They continued to say that Samsung does not refund and asked me to hold while they spoke to upper management. The two-three minute holds are getting old. They tried to wave an accessory in front of my face, but I told them I want my money back. The Samsung representative told me that it is the responsibility of AT&T. I asked them when was this the case and they said there were some meetings that took place today addressing this issue.

I was transferred from Samsung to AT&T.

AT&T had me retell the complete story back to them.

Annnnndddd AT&T won't help me!!!!

I did all that yesterday as well.

Asking why in the heck I'm I waiting for my phone to be repaired since it says on your website it will be replaced.

Also talked to ATT rep yesterday. As of now if this sort of thing happens with water damage. Att would replace the device.

Rds030903

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
If they don't get this right quickly, I'm willing to bet this is the last Active device we'll see.

The gap has been closed even more between the S7 and S7 Active.

How can this manufacturing flaw only affect a small number of devices? Wouldn't the process be the same up until they discover the fault?

I have a hard time believing that it is some. What varies is the number of people who expose their device to water and when. Some will never have this issue, but there will be a constant stream of water damaged actives coming in for repair from those that do. The cost of repair will cut into their sales and they'll realize it's not worth the trouble.

Maybe they'll focus on making the S8 100% water resistant with a shatterproof display. All this fish tank dunking, lil Wayne champagne Poppin marketing has Samsung in the spotlight. They definitely dropped the ball on this one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hell this will be the last Samsung anything I will buy.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to feel that way too. I purchased a moto x pure as soon as my Active became inactive.

Battery life isn't as good. Screen viewing angles aren't as good either. However, it's an assurance to know what I can and cannot do with it. For $250, it's just fine.

TheSwagDaddy

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I think I have made some progress over this long day, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

After hanging up with AT&T I received a phone call from a very caring AT&T representative. He said he felt bad about my situation and wanted to help me out. He said that his supervisor was able to send me a phone to make this situation better. They were going to send me an iPhone 6S 64GB. Key word being 'were', a couple hours later I received another call from AT&T and they said that Apple doesn't allow them to do such things. So now I am getting a LG V10. I am glad that AT&T showed some compassion and took the high road. Compared to Samsung this is a lot.

Meanwhile, I received this email from Samsung...
Capture.JPG

Huh?

Looks like I will be having further conversations with them tomorrow. I did not request this cancellation. The only thing I requested was a refund. What a ride.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I have made some progress over this long day, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

After hanging up with AT&T I received a phone call from a very caring AT&T representative. He said he felt bad about my situation and wanted to help me out. He said that his supervisor was able to send me a phone to make this situation better. They were going to send me an iPhone 6S 64GB. Key word being 'were', a couple hours later I received another call from AT&T and they said that Apple doesn't allow them to do such things. So now I am getting a LG V10. I am glad that AT&T showed some compassion and took the high road. Compared to Samsung this is a lot.

View attachment 232836

Huh?

Looks like I will be having further conversations with them tomorrow. I did not request this cancellation. The only thing I requested was a refund. What a ride.
The Samsung cancelation may be good news that they decided to cancel fixing it and will instead just ship you a replacement or give you a refund. I sure hope it is because the way they have handled this is ridiculous.

BTW, interesting that AT&T is sending you a replacement but that it isn't another Active. Did they say why? Is it because they don't have any? If so, maybe they don't have any because current stock is being replaced with a different manufacturing run?

TheSwagDaddy

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
The Samsung cancelation may be good news that they decided to cancel fixing it and will instead just ship you a replacement or give you a refund. I sure hope it is because the way they have handled this is ridiculous.

BTW, interesting that AT&T is sending you a replacement but that it isn't another Active. Did they say why? Is it because they don't have any? If so, maybe they don't have any because current stock is being replaced with a different manufacturing run?

Not counting on any good news from Samsung. I will give them a call this morning to find out.

The reason AT&T didn't send me another Active is because I am genuinely done with Samsung all together and I told them I didn't want any of those products. Retrospectively it may have made more sense to get a replacement so I could get the same value back, but at this point I just want another phone that is not Samsung. They might of hooked me, but they showed some sympathy to at least send me a device. I'm satisfied with their effort.

Rds030903

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to feel that way too. I purchased a moto x pure as soon as my Active became inactive.

Battery life isn't as good. Screen viewing angles aren't as good either. However, it's an assurance to know what I can and cannot do with it. For $250, it's just fine.

I just got one as well moto pure x

rds090903

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

View attachment 232836

Huh?

Any update swaggdaddy

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps they've altered their rules since the people here mailed in their phones. That article and statement is within the last couple of days.

rds090903

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Just called yesterday. I was told I have to wait for parts and if my phone failed a second quality check then I would get a new one. It's already been repaired and failed once.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Just called yesterday. I was told I have to wait for parts and if my phone failed a second quality check then I would get a new one. It's already been repaired and failed once.

Ouch. Love that digital camo green but this whole active debacle has made me think twice in getting one.

rds090903

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Ouch. Love that digital camo green but this whole active debacle has made me think twice in getting one.
If they would replace the phone I wouldn't have any issues. But no I have to sit here and wait for it to be repaired when it was defective to begin with. WTF

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95