Galaxy S7 edge has a micro SD card slot but without Marshmallow's Adoptable Storage

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S7 has a micro SD card slot but without Marshmallow's Adoptable Storage

[Galaxy S7 has a micro SD card slot but without Marshmallow's Adoptable Storageurl=http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s7-regains-microsd-card-shuns-adoptable-storage]Galaxy S7 regains a microSD card —*but shuns adoptable storage | Android Central[/url]

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a good call. Adoptable storage is asking for trouble with the masses. And 32gb is adequate for internal storage for most people

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't use it even if I could. Too slow for apps, and SD cards are still more likely to fail. I'll use the card to store backups, music, and photos, not apps and app data.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My main interest in the SD card was to use the headset with my dear we are virtual reality glasses. Most of the VR experiences download a huge amount of data. Do you know if the SD card would be able to help with this?

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100% that adoptable storage is problematic, but Samsung should have at least added a 64GB model so consumers have the option.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree. It's a problem waiting to happen and I'm surprised that Google even implemented it, given how anti-SD card they've always been.

Posted via the Android Central App from my LG G4

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've got a G4, when I updated to Android 6 it automatically formatted the SD card to adoptable storage. I reformatted to standalone storage immediately.

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I've got a G4, when I updated to Android 6 it automatically formatted the SD card to adoptable storage. I reformatted to standalone storage immediately.

And how would one go about doing this? I only want my sd card for pictures. Also using a G4

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it is a good call. Adoptable storage is asking for trouble with the masses. And 32gb is adequate for internal storage for most people

I agree. I think I prefer to have the SD card as external anyway. I've had a note 3 with 32GB of internal storage and I had a 128GB micro SD card inside. I never ran into any issues with storage. 16 GB is not enough but 32GB is enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95