08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 122123124125126 ...
tools
    When I tried to get the gear s2, around 4 pm EST, I didn't have the choice to get it. Only the VR.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That's weird as I still see the option for S2.
    03-10-2016 07:33 PM
    And I love this phone! It is beautiful and is buttery smooth for me. My only hang up is that I want a glass screen protector for it. Not thrilled with the case I got, but hopefully there will be a better assortment to pick from in the next few weeks!

felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-10-2016 07:36 PM
    Maybe a stupid question but is it fairly easy to submit a claim(adding a pic of the receipt) using our phone? Or better with a laptop?

03-10-2016 07:41 PM
    That's weird as I still see the option for S2.
    My screen was cached. You appear to be right... The offer for s2 looks to be off the table.
    03-10-2016 07:54 PM
    I picked up the one and only clear UAG and only UAG in the store at my Verizon Authorized Retailer and was bummed about the frosted honey combing on the back that UAG has always had.

Then the very bright lighting of the store struck the back with such majestic beauty that I don't regret the buy at all. I was like "oh em gee" I love the phone harder.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    03-10-2016 07:58 PM
    What swiping? are you talking about all you tabs showing up separately?

If so you can fix that.

Here's how you bring Chrome tabs back into the app and out of your recent apps screen:

Open Chrome
    Open its menu by tapping on the three little dots in the upper corner
    Hit Settings
    Open "Merge tabs and apps" and switch it to "Off"

How to remove Chrome tabs from your recent apps list (Android 5.0 Lollipop guide)
    No, I'm not talking about the Chrome "merge tabs and apps" thing... I've already switched that off as soon as I opened Chrome. I'm bugged more about the not-so-smooth or the not-so-sensitive swiping away apps in the recent tasks/open apps rolodex UI. It sometimes translates swipe away as tapping so it opens the app in the foreground instead of "closing" it.
    03-10-2016 07:58 PM
    My screen was cached. You appear to be right... The offer for s2 looks to be off the table.
    The offer is still showing up for me.
    03-10-2016 08:03 PM
    I have a preorder for the S7 Edge Silver with VZW. Order date 3/2 expected ship date 3/31. I would prefer the S2 watch, but apparently that might not an option anymore? Also, I've been getting conflicting info from VZW reps saying that there I won't get a VR either? They point the finger at it being Samsung's promo so it's not their fault, but it sucks that other carriers delivered before launch day and now VZW customers get screwed because it's on backorder... I won't be able to redeem the promo without the physical phone. Do people think I should just try to find one in store tomorrow and then cancel my preorder and try to redeem on with Samsung for the VR if that's all that's left?
    03-10-2016 08:07 PM
    Hubby is kind of digging the edge. Maybe tomorrow he will switch to the edge that's coming. Now to get all my stuff where I want it! How I want it log in to everything. I have one flaw in my screen protector trying to decide if it's worth removing it or if I can just deal.

I have a feeling my hubby will feel the same when I get my edge tomorrow. He hates the size of my iPhone 6 Plus says its huge, but from what I'm seeing and hearing the s7e is nowhere near the size of the 6 plus
    mededitornj likes this.
    03-10-2016 08:08 PM
    I have a preorder for the S7 Edge Silver with VZW. Order date 3/2 expected ship date 3/31. I would prefer the S2 watch, but apparently that might not an option anymore? Also, I've been getting conflicting info from VZW reps saying that there I won't get a VR either? They point the finger at it being Samsung's promo so it's not their fault, but it sucks that other carriers delivered before launch day and now VZW customers get screwed because it's on backorder... I won't be able to redeem the promo without the physical phone. Do people think I should just try to find one in store tomorrow and then cancel my preorder and try to redeem on with Samsung for the VR if that's all that's left?
    I would, or cancel it and go to a Best Buy ASAP if you're good with the VR as your promotional gift. You get lots of goodies from Best Buy. If you're not hooked on the S2, let it go.

03-10-2016 08:09 PM
    I'm letting mine ride, not so concerned with the promotion. Afraid if I cancel my order I will be that much longer without a new phone.

03-10-2016 08:12 PM
    I checked my local BB tonight and they showed me the locked case of phones for tomorrow. Apparently, there isn't a single silver edge available. They also swore over and over that I would lose my UDP by going with device payments. VZW swears that I won't lose the unlimited data since the increase in November. This whole situation is just frustrating when VZW Best Buy and Samsung all point fingers at each other and claim the other is untrained and not knowledgable.
    03-10-2016 08:14 PM
    I'm letting mine ride, not so concerned with the promotion. Afraid if I cancel my order I will be that much longer without a new phone.

That's my other thought slacker74. I just talked to VZW customer service and asked if there was any chance the preorder ship date would change to before 3/31 due to people canceling their preorders and I was told.

"No chance, it's not our fault Samsung didn't produce enough. If anything it will change to an April ship date as we approach 3/31."

Just frustrating.
    03-10-2016 08:17 PM
    Is there a way to change the touch button functions on the s7e long pressing the "left" button brings up split screen and one of my favorite apps needs that button to go into settings like the galaxy tab... Any way to customize that button? Sorry if this is confusing and in the wrong place

Posted via S7E Chrome
    03-10-2016 08:18 PM
    I picked up the one and only clear UAG and only UAG in the store at my Verizon Authorized Retailer and was bummed about the frosted honey combing on the back that UAG has always had.

Then the very bright lighting of the store struck the back with such majestic beauty that I don't regret the buy at all. I was like "oh em gee" I love the phone harder.

That's the same way I feel about you... Maybe...

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V
    03-10-2016 08:22 PM
    That's the same way I feel about you... Maybe...

LOL. I've only known you since preorder, but I can't live without you, bebe.

03-10-2016 08:27 PM
    LOL. I've only known you since preorder, but I can't live without you, bebe.

Hey I met you a bit ago and this is crazy, but here's my ID so pm me maybe~

03-10-2016 08:28 PM
    Hey I met you a bit ago and this is crazy, but here's my ID so pm me maybe~

Done. ::crickets

03-10-2016 08:30 PM
    So yeah.... What does anyone else think?
    03-10-2016 08:32 PM
    Done. ::crickets

You know you're swooning from my serenade. All the lady comrades can't resist my nuke powered love songs.

Rygots likes this.
    03-10-2016 08:33 PM
    I have a feeling my hubby will feel the same when I get my edge tomorrow. He hates the size of my iPhone 6 Plus says its huge, but from what I'm seeing and hearing the s7e is nowhere near the size of the 6 plus
    I currently have the 6s plus and have held the S7 Edge in my hands at the Verizon store earlier this week. It's actually unreal how much better the S7 Edge feels in my hand. What's even more hard to believe is that they both have the same size screen. I have small hands -no jokes please - and one thing that has always bothered me about the iPhone 6s plus is the size. Apple did not do a good job of minimizing the real estate to make the phone ergonomic. My new silver S7 Edge will be delivered tomorrow before 4pm. Super excited!!
    03-10-2016 08:34 PM
    So yeah.... What does anyone else think?
    Go into a corporate store tomorrow. Hold them hostage.

03-10-2016 08:34 PM

Can you please post some pictures of the UAG? Would love to see it.
    03-10-2016 08:35 PM
    I currently have the 6s plus and have held the S7 Edge in my hands at the Verizon store earlier this week. It's actually unreal how much better the S7 Edge feels in my hand. What's even more hard to believe is that they both have the same size screen. I have small hands -no jokes please - and one thing that has always bothered me about the iPhone 6s plus is the size. Apple did not do a good job of minimizing the real estate to make the phone ergonomic. My new silver S7 Edge will be delivered tomorrow before 4pm. Super excited!!
    You asked for it. Deadpool.

Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-51.jpg  
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-10-2016 08:38 PM
    You know you're swooning from my serenade. All the lady comrades can't resist my nuke powered love songs.

LOL until there's more than one lady comrade involved and you come in like a wrecking ball.

03-10-2016 08:40 PM
3,541 ... 122123124125126 ...