S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Verizonwireless.com = Free Gear S2 (redeemed online through Samsung)

Verizon In Store = $100 off Gear S2(redeemed in store through Verizon)

.... I'm NOT cancelling that damn silver phone because online customer service bullied me into calling customer service. I will get that S2 free come hell or high water. This means war!

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks again Joe! You've helped restore some faith into VZW! Hopefully by tomorrow I can pre order both S7 and S7 edge both with S2s for my husband and I

Posted via the Android Central App

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The "catch" is that you're stuck on a 2-year contract with a higher monthly payment than if you were off contract. And yes, lots of people have done it because that's how virtually every US carrier worked up until the last couple of years when they started moving away from contracts.

On Verizon, if you're on contract, you pay $20 more per month per line than if you're off contract ($40/mo vs. $20/mo). It doesn't matter whether you buy through Best Buy or Verizon...the plans are the same. Go to Bestbuy.com or Verizonwireless.com right now and look at the difference in plan prices whether you sign a contract or buy a phone outright - it's right there and clear as day that the monthly cost for contract phones is higher.

On Verizon through Best Buy, the S7 Edge is $299 on a 2-year contract. $20 more per month on contract over 24 months = $480. $299 + $480 = $779 (surprise! the exact cost of the S7 Edge). I never called anyone incompetent, but again, you're paying the same price for the phone as everyone else and you're monthly bill is higher whether you want believe it or not.

If you are cool paying 800 bucks for the edge - then good for you. If you are cool paying 400 bucks (299+Taxes+upgrade fee) then good for you. I personally don't think the edge is the "next big thing' or for that matter worth more than 400 of my dollars. My line fee btw is still 9.99 - not 20, not 40 and am still showing my unlimited plan even though I was advised it would be removed with the 2 year $299 option.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Joe,
I have a question about the deal for getting $100 by switching to verizon and getting an s7. Is it $100 per phone or 100 per account?

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you are cool paying 800 bucks for the edge - then good for you. If you are cool paying 400 bucks (299+Taxes+upgrade fee) then good for you. I personally don't think the edge is the "next big thing' or for that matter worth more than 400 of my dollars. My line fee btw is still 9.99 - not 20, not 40 and am still showing my unlimited plan even though I was advised it would be removed with the 2 year $299 option.

If you still think you're only paying $400 for an $800 phone - then good for you.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it mostly women that are loving the silver edge or are there a few men that also love the silver edge?
I'm a guy and I'm going with the silver edge. My guess is a good percentage of this forum are men, and it seems like a lot of people like the silver. I think it's a pretty gender neutral color.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I am a man and have been getting black phones forever. I went to Best Buy and the black phone is a bright piano black, a bad fingerprint magnet. Since I like to go without a case I decided on the silver as I have never wanted gold in watches or a phone. I am, however, ordering a case to use when I think it might be needed more, like when I take my granddaughter to Disney later this month.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

But you're also most likely paying $30 for your monthly data per phone too for a total of $40 like I was plus the text and talk fee of $80 for 700 minutes. I thought I was getting the edge for $300 by renewing my 2 year contract too but then realized that I was just paying an additional $20 ($40,total) per month on my phone plan instead. Then I was informed that by just paying the full price off contract over 24 months and changing my plan, that I would now pay the $80 for talk, text and 12 gig data (XXL plan) and then just be charged $20 line access fee per phone. So my bill went down a lot with 4 people on my plan going from paying the $40 each per month ($9.99 line access plus $30 data plan) to jusr $20 each a month all off contract. I was paying $240 ($80 talk text + four phones @ $40 each for line access and data plan) before taxes and insurance and now paying $160 for $80 data, talk text shared and $20 line access. Plus $33 per month for the new phone for 24 months and gained unlimited talking minutes for everyone on plan rather than the old 700 minutes per month.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I ordered at 8 am on launch day and it still does not show any ship date. Through this whole little glitch I have only seen "still processing " with no date. This is both on the full desktop website and the mobile site. Am I the only one?

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my black one 2 days ago on the 1st. Got a confirmation email saying delivery by the 11th. I called them yesterday the 2nd to double check the order. They said yes, order went through. Should ship on the 10th, and have in hand on the 11th. They also sent me a text for the link to register for the free accessory, either the VR or S2. Zip 67401

VetteVert

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
But you're also most likely paying $30 for your monthly data per phone too for a total of $40 like I was plus the text and talk fee of $80 for 700 minutes. I thought I was getting the edge for $300 by renewing my 2 year contract too but then realized that I was just paying an additional $20 ($40,total) per month on my phone plan instead. Then I was informed that by just paying the full price off contract over 24 months and changing my plan, that I would now pay the $80 for talk, text and 12 gig data (XXL plan) and then just be charged $20 line access fee per phone. So my bill went down a lot with 4 people on my plan going from paying the $40 each per month ($9.99 line access plus $30 data plan) to jusr $20 each a month all off contract. I was paying $240 ($80 talk text + four phones @ $40 each for line access and data plan) before taxes and insurance and now paying $160 for $80 data, talk text shared and $20 line access. Plus $33 per month for the new phone for 24 months and gained unlimited talking minutes for everyone on plan rather than the old 700 minutes per month.

You should know better than to bring logic and reason to an Internet argument. I think the majority understand ;)

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you still think you're only paying $400 for an $800 phone - then good for you.

My bill really didn't change. It probably has something to do with how my husband's phone was purchased through Verizon last year. He's still on the account, but we purchased it before Verizon got rid of their discounted upgrade at the end of your contract thing or whatever they called it.

It is a little humorous that you're so concerned about our phone bills, though. Maybe it's time for a new hobby? There are some great shows on Netflix right now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non