08-13-2016 11:46 AM
3,541 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    So let's say I do wait until the S7 Edge arrives, I just need to use the switch devices function on the Verizon website and it will work fine? The line used to upgrade to the Edge is under device payment, but the note 4 on my line is under 2 year contract. When I spoke to rep, I was told that there wouldn't be any issues and that the billing would just remain with the device payment plan is on the other line and my line would just continue with the monthly payments for the Note 4 under contract, even though the devices will actually be switched.
    I have a two year line, and an old Edge line. I swap back and forth between the two constantly. However, the website WILL fight you tooth and nail when you go to switch, so your best bet is to activate the device, swap SIMs and if it doesn't automatically activate, call Verizon with the ICCID for both SIMs to swap them. Once the SIMs have been reprogrammed I've been able to swap them out between phones. My current SIM has been in 3 phones thus far.

Edit: I just noticed you have a S5. To be honest, calling customer service with my recommendation of the SIM serials should still work. Leave the original SIMs in the phones, call in and swap. It literally takes 10 minutes.
    03-03-2016 05:54 PM
    This is checking from my cell

Posted via the Android Central App
    What is the "Location code"? I've been trying to figure that out. Is it different delivery regions in the country?
    03-03-2016 05:56 PM
    This is a confirmation email that I got. Both have dates on them

Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Verizon preorders-25219.jpg  
    03-03-2016 05:58 PM
    What is the "Location code"? I've been trying to figure that out. Is it different delivery regions in the country?
    I wonder!?

03-03-2016 05:59 PM
    I understand that is the definitive date, but people in this thread were showing delivery/ship dates in their actual order status. I'm trying to figure out why my order status (from mobile and desktop site) does not show a date at all.
    If I try to check just through the desktop or mobile site, I don't have a date either. The only way I get a date is to go to the confirmation email from Verizon, and under the first paragraph follow the link that says "check order status". That's where the 3/11 ship date is for me on both my orders.
    03-03-2016 06:01 PM
    From what I can google, your location code is the identifier for the Verizon call center in your area. That's all I've been able to find. So I guess it really is just a location code and nothing else exciting lol
    03-03-2016 06:11 PM
    From what I can google, your location code is the identifier for the Verizon call center in your area. That's all I've been able to find. So I guess it really is just a location code and nothing else exciting lol
    I couldn't even find that on Google. My Google research didn't show anything about the location code. But thanks for finding that.
    03-03-2016 06:13 PM
    I couldn't even find that on Google. My Google research didn't show anything about the location code. But thanks for finding that.
    Honestly it was an obscure reference under a link that didn't even look promising on page 2 of Google, so the short answer is I spent longer looking for it that what is really reasonable lol
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    03-03-2016 06:16 PM
    Maybe that's because it means absolutely nothing to anyone outside of Verizon or an order computer. Egad.
    03-03-2016 06:21 PM
    Sorry, my VZW S7edge didn't ship yet - the tracking number I got was for a gift from Aukey...

Again, sorry if I got anyone excited 😕
    03-03-2016 06:29 PM
    I got my tracking number today for gold S7edge - delivery tomorrow... Can't wait. My Verizon order status still shows Status "Processing", so just watch emails for shipment

Posted via Android Central App
    I want to see this!
    03-03-2016 06:32 PM
    Hey Joe, I preordered and my address is wrong in the confirmation email and it says shipment date of 11/17/1858, um what? I called CS and they couldn't change my address, any help/advice you can give me? Lastly, will it ship 3/11 or will I have it on 3/11? I think if VZW ships on 3/11 thus not getting thephone until a few days later since it's a friday, that'd be rather crappy of them.
    03-03-2016 06:34 PM
    Sorry - I was mistaken, and have changed my post...

Scheduled to work from home tomorrow too so I could sign for it - Oh well, back to waiting patiently

03-03-2016 06:35 PM
    Sorry - I was mistaken, and have changed my post...

Scheduled to work from home tomorrow too so I could sign for it - Oh well, back to waiting patiently

I saw that after I answered, bummer! Oh well. Soon enough. I figure the first inkling I'll get will be the text from my bank that Verizon took their money, because you know they aren't going to move anything before they confirm that's taken care of lol.
    03-03-2016 06:36 PM
    I have a two year line, and an old Edge line. I swap back and forth between the two constantly. However, the website WILL fight you tooth and nail when you go to switch, so your best bet is to activate the device, swap SIMs and if it doesn't automatically activate, call Verizon with the ICCID for both SIMs to swap them. Once the SIMs have been reprogrammed I've been able to swap them out between phones. My current SIM has been in 3 phones thus far.

Edit: I just noticed you have a S5. To be honest, calling customer service with my recommendation of the SIM serials should still work. Leave the original SIMs in the phones, call in and swap. It literally takes 10 minutes.
    This might be a dumb question, but will the S7 Edge come with a SIM in it? If so, you're saying to just leave all of the SIMs in the phones and to call Verizon with all of the SIM serials written down and just tell them which phone I want on which line? Additionally, I imagine that on my bill the edge line and contract line will just stay with their respective phone numbers even though the phones have been swapped, correct? Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!
    03-03-2016 07:08 PM
    For those who are showing ship date of 3/11, You'll receive it on or by that date. There is a chance a few could ship on the 11th which is why Verizon puts ship by 3/11/2016.

We'll all know for sure starting Tuesday next week.
    Colchicine likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:44 PM
    I'm in Ocala too, awesome to see other pro Android people here.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:51 PM
    For those who are showing ship date of 3/11, You'll receive it on or by that date. There is a chance a few could ship on the 11th which is why Verizon puts ship by 3/11/2016.

We'll all know for sure starting Tuesday next week.
    When I view it in my orders it gives me this date 3/11 when I view it in the app it gives me the 150 year old date. So what one do I go by?

JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-03-2016 07:55 PM
    The sim comes with the phone according to the package contents.
    03-03-2016 07:55 PM
    You get by the 150 year old date. But your GPS may not be accurate.
    03-03-2016 08:00 PM
    I just called Verizon CS and on the 29th I was forced to do my Device payment plan upgrade over the phone because they claimed mine was an early upgrade so it couldn't be done on the internet, which I tried and only full retail price showed up. I called tonight because I told them about the gear s2 only being available for free if you do the DPP online. Well I was on hold for a long time, guy seemed very informative and he claims that if you ordered through CS you will still be eligible that it is not online only. Same goes for paying full retail online, you will be eligible. I said well it seems like it says online only everywhere and he said no I read into all the program details and you will get it for free....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    03-03-2016 08:03 PM
    When I view it in my orders it gives me this date 3/11 when I view it in the app it gives me the 150 year old date. So what one do I go by?

You need a TARDIS so you can go back in time to get your phone.
    03-03-2016 08:04 PM
    This is checking from my cell

I do not see a date on that screen for my order..
    If I try to check just through the desktop or mobile site, I don't have a date either. The only way I get a date is to go to the confirmation email from Verizon, and under the first paragraph follow the link that says "check order status". That's where the 3/11 ship date is for me on both my orders.
    Yes, the only reference I have to a ship date is on the original confirmation email I was sent on the day of ordering.

I'm not worried, just perplexed that everyone else sees a date.
    03-03-2016 08:22 PM

If it shows 1858 or something in the past..

It means your getting an iPhone on a 10 yr contract, $80 upgrade fee and and big ol Verizon logo stamp on your screen.

Good luck!
    03-03-2016 08:30 PM
    this is getting out of control. all the other carriers shipped theirs and VZW is just holding back. This really irritating millions and millions of customers. I order on the 23rd and have a ship date of 3/11. When I pre ordered my note 4 it came early by almost a week.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-03-2016 08:32 PM
3,541 ... 2021222324 ...