S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Changing shipping dates in the order status page is definitely a bad PR move, although they may have not been able to help it. Other carriers shipping early have nothing to do with Verizon, though and people should separate the two.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Interesting why T-Mobile received the phones early from Samsung if Verizon is not holding the phones. Maybe need more time to modify the firmware, put logos etc?

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Joe if I finally get mine ore ordered tomorrow will I still get it by the 11th? Thanks for being a reasonable person! All I've had is issues with every single one I've talked to the past week!

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Joe if I finally get mine ore ordered tomorrow will I still get it by the 11th? Thanks for being a reasonable person! All I've had is issues with every single one I've talked to the past week!

What date was showing when you Preordered ?

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
If you tell me what stores are near you, I can keep an eye on stock. Then you'll know if there will be any available on launch day.

If color isn't a big concern, just Preorder black. You could always exchange in store.

Color doesn't matter to me so what's the best one. As seen a lot of people have silver.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Both colors are sharp I'm their own way. Black has a stealthy look to it and silver has more of a stand out of the crowd look.

My problem with the black is fingerprints.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Both colors are sharp I'm their own way. Black has a stealthy look to it and silver has more of a stand out of the crowd look.

My problem with the black is fingerprints.
It seems silver/gold would have this same problem?

It was surprising to me that so many people chose silver as I find this reflective color to be unforgivably gaudy. I suppose Verizon though it would sell far less than black as well, hence the stock issues revolving around it.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
If you tell me what stores are near you, I can keep an eye on stock. Then you'll know if there will be any available on launch day.

If color isn't a big concern, just Preorder black. You could always exchange in store.

Joe,
How do other carriers get stock from Samsung before Verizon? Or why? I am intrigued. And those of us with the 3/11 dates, does that mean in hand by 3/11 or shipped on 3/11? Thanks for all your help!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It seems silver/gold would have this same problem?

It was surprising to me that so many people chose silver as I find this reflective color to be unforgivably gaudy. I suppose Verizon though it would sell far less than black as well, hence the stock issues revolving around it.
Maybe on the back, but the screen to body ratio is huge and there's not much silver to look at since the screen takes up so much.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Joe,
How do other carriers get stock from Stung before Verizon? Or why? I am intrigued. And those of us with the 3/11 dates, does that mean in hand by 3/11 or shipped on 3/11? Thanks for all your help!

You'll receive it on or before 3/11.

Don't know the answer to your first question.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
What date was showing when you Preordered ?

Pre ordered on phone the 23rd. Been working this past week to cancel it so I can turn around pre order online for the S2 they keep giving me a run around. Saying they need to manually cancel it (which they have 6 times) every time I have to wait 24 hrs. So here I sit for another 24 hrs. They told me I can't stop my cancel. But yet it's not cancelled. Just frustrating. If I order tomorrow around 3pm central (24 hr mark) will it make it the 11th?

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Joe,

Unrelated question.

We have 6 gigs of promotional data on our plan per month for life given to us by a manager in recompense for a Verizon mess up. When I preordered the phones, we apparently now qualify for that 2 gig promotion for having the XL plan. How likely is it that 2 gig promotion going to mess up our 6 gig promotion? And if it does, what's my best bet to fix it, just call in and go through the rigmarole or is there a better way?

Thanks!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I told everyone to wait ONE DAY and I'll get to the bottom of everything. People were quick to assume and cancel, Now look where it got you.

Verizon rarely EVER screws up when it comes to delivery dates. People are mad, because they aren't getting it now all, Because the 100 total customers t mobile had got theirs. Last time I checked, Verizon's page Said 3/11, So unless the phone doesn't arrive by that date, Verizon did not wrong.

Except mess with people for a day lol

Joe.... You were just too slow.... damn you. Because of you I ordered a iPhone 4 on Straight talk.... LOLOLOL

And global warming, that is your fault too...BTW. /Sarcasm

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Joe,

Unrelated question.

We have 6 gigs of promotional data on our plan per month for life given to us by a manager in recompense for a Verizon mess up. When I preordered the phones, we apparently now qualify for that 2 gig promotion for having the XL plan. How likely is it that 2 gig promotion going to mess up our 6 gig promotion? And if it does, what's my best bet to fix it, just call in and go through the rigmarole or is there a better way?

Thanks!
It will not mess up the 6gb you already have.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Joe.... You were just too slow.... damn you. Because of you I ordered a iPhone 4 on Straight talk.... LOLOLOL

And global warming, that is your fault too...BTW. /Sarcasm

I'm just glad I'm finally dealing with a nice guy! Vzw has been so rude and evasive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez