S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So get this - I have a line that shouldn't have been ready for an upgrade until October, but showed as payment plan available. Whatever, I went through the screens, and I was trying to get the $100 for trading in a smartphone. Wouldn't come up at all with that bonus. Called, and the rep said "Well, since you're not really eligible for the upgrade, it's just a targeted special promotion for you as a loyal customer, so you're not gonna get that too." I said "The text just says "trade in a smartphone, working, and do it as an upgrade. Nothing about time or other constraints."

So be careful, they may try to bone you on that. I'm trading in an old Razr M - completely not worth a hundred bucks on Ebay, but there you go. I plan to get the S7 in hand, call them and ask about the 100, and then make enough noise that they give it to me as an account credit to make me go away.
Shouldn't you be thankful that you were offered an early upgrade?

Early upgrades don't get incentives simply, because the offer is an incentive it's self.

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
So get this - I have a line that shouldn't have been ready for an upgrade until October, but showed as payment plan available. Whatever, I went through the screens, and I was trying to get the $100 for trading in a smartphone. Wouldn't come up at all with that bonus. Called, and the rep said "Well, since you're not really eligible for the upgrade, it's just a targeted special promotion for you as a loyal customer, so you're not gonna get that too." I said "The text just says "trade in a smartphone, working, and do it as an upgrade. Nothing about time or other constraints."

So be careful, they may try to bone you on that. I'm trading in an old Razr M - completely not worth a hundred bucks on Ebay, but there you go. I plan to get the S7 in hand, call them and ask about the 100, and then make enough noise that they give it to me as an account credit to make me go away.

I can answer this question for you. When your accounts receives a special offer to upgrade (Device Payments only) early before contract dates the system will forfeit all other promotions with Verizon. You will be able to upgrade and you can get the special Samsung deal with a Free VR or Watch (If you order online) but there is nothing they can do about the trade in. I get it all the time.

Customer Service sends people in to get stuff, they leave unhappy cause Customer Service usually doesn't disclose the disqualifications part. Usually.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had answers, everyone was patient and waited. Next time, be patient and you won't have to get the "run around". I told everyone to give me one day and I would have answers and I did and the day after everyone's orders changed been to 3/11.

Joe, Please stop with all this good sense and reason stuff. LMAO

chris32495

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - Verizon preorders are live.

Figured you guys would want to see this. Have multi-line business account and this early ship has happened to me once in the past as well. I pre-ordered on the 23rd @ 8:08 AM EST.
20160305_062114.jpg

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My work wife or play sister ordered one on wednesday and got it friday! Everybody asked me why I didn't receive mines, I thought you orders yours a week ago? Verizon that's why!

Attachments

• 20160304_112652.jpg
    20160304_112652.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20160304_112701.jpg
    20160304_112701.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 73

cdjohnson25

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I have my FedEx account updated so I can keep track if a new label comes. But if the guy with the enterprise account got shipping numbers won't be long! After all the trouble of pre ordering as long as I get the phone is all that matters right now lol I won't complain until it's past the date. What's 7 more days. Atleast it'll be Payday again and I can buy more stuff for it! My 2 cases, screen protectors, SD card, extra chargers just won't be enough. I'm current looking into wireless ones. My husband and will both have them so I was looking into a dual but do I really need it. Ehhhh no

Posted via the Android Central App
Do you need more than 1 wireless charger? No.

But, I will tell you this, I have at least 6 Pre wireless charging pucks leftover in my electronics supply stash. My wife and I each had a wireless charger at our office desks and nighstands. We also had one on the kitchen counter and on our home office desk. 6 pucks used daily! LOL.

uploadfromtaptalk1457178847233.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457178856730.jpg

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Almost got excited then I saw the sprint logo- thanks Joe and everyone else on this thread- maybe we will start seeing movement soon- who knows. I know I am happy I still have my puck from the s6 edge ??????

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Do you people sleep? ;)

Sleep is for the weak! This is a preorder thread, you gotta step up your game. Something could change literally. Any. Second.

Lol. No seriously I'm old and boring and went to bed at like 2130 because my children like to get up at 0730.

rbiowa

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Joe with so much misinformation, I'm hoping you can clear this up. For pre-orders on vzw.com, is there a limit to the number of 'free' Gear S2 or VR? If so, do you know if this quantity will be sufficient for the pre-orders? Finally, is the Gear S2 the bluetooth or 3g version? Seems to me, Verizon has the opportunity to financially benefit from the ongoing fees on the 3g version. Thanks for doing your best to help. It's great to have a source for information that Verizon CS can't provide.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Open Q to Joe or anyone else :

I ordered by calling Verizon Wireless and doing it with a CSR. It was followed up with an email asking me to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions and then an email confirmation of the order. I then registered my email with the Samsung/Verizon offers website. What free stuff will I get or be eligible for once the phone arrives? And what will I have to do to get whatever it is that I'm eligible for?

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the office until midnight almost 6 days a week, this pre-order is the only thing that is good for me for the next couple weeks lol. The VZW and XDA forum is readying their pitchforks and torches, which is pretty amusing. People threatening to take a 10 year old 30-line plan to another carrier if they don't get a pre-order in time (that'll be a fun early termination fee).

I'm excited as the next person, but if Samsung does in fact want carriers to hold off and Sprint and TMobile are going against this, then it may hurt them the next time there's a new release. You can't expect VZW and AT&T to violate terms simply because another carrier does.

This thread will be fun to look back on in 3-4 weeks once everyone has their phones.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Open Q to Joe or anyone else :

I ordered by calling Verizon Wireless and doing it with a CSR. It was followed up with an email asking me to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions and then an email confirmation of the order. I then registered my email with the Samsung/Verizon offers website. What free stuff will I get or be eligible for once the phone arrives? And what will I have to do to get whatever it is that I'm eligible for?

I ordered on the phone and was only limited to the VR. I cancelled that ordered and reordered on 3/3 online so I can get the s2. I still have ship date of 3/11 and 1858!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
bummer that was a big waste of time huh? considering you get the s2 for web or phone orders...?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 9.11.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 9.11.22 AM.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 67

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
so verizon.com/phone orders are s2 or vr store/other are vr only

That may well be the case but I guess it's no biggie and certainly not a reason to cancel my order and rebook online. I really have no need for either so I see it as just icing on the cake.