S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Rmlaia

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
According to the Verizon website, my S7 edge in Silver Titanium shipped today. I have a UPS tacking # form UPSGround2, which I assume means I will get it in 2 days? It is currently in transit in Memphis TN.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I didn't yell or make a stir the entire time I was on the phone with her. I mentioned posts here with legitimate tracking numbers and that mine said shipped but nothing else and she told me repeatedly that I was misinformed. That everyone who was getting shipped a phone was misinformed. All I asked for when I called was a tracking number. How exactly was I misinformed?

I am all for people whose job is customer service. My dad has worked 8 years in customer service for Bank of America and I hate seeing him get abused by ticked off customers. I never broke into ticked off until she closed our conversation by telling me I was misinformed and lying. I've never treated their customer service representatives badly even when they treated me badly until I was offered to review the service I received. It was crappy service. If AC allowed me to post stronger words I would.

The manager reviewed the phone call and agreed. I'm not a deviant, I'm not self entitled and I'm not suffering from first world problems. I'm suffering from someone that had an extremely poor attitude and lashed out with backhanded comments over a simple question, and a comment made about tracking numbers on Android Central.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Really my rant wasn't just directed at you, you just happened to have to most recent comment on the subject.

What I was trying to get at about the CSR saying you were misinformed though is that is her correct response if she doesn't know better. The CSRs there probably get told wrong information from thousands of customers a day, probably all thinking they are correct. That being the case who would you believe in that position, the company you work for or some random customer on the phone?

Anyways just getting tired of all the impatience on this thread. Everyone needs to relax, it's just a phone and at worse it's just a couple days of waiting.

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
According to the Verizon website, my S7 edge in Silver Titanium shipped today. I have a UPS tacking # form UPSGround2, which I assume means I will get it in 2 days? It is currently in transit in Memphis TN.

Ordered on 23rd?

Posted via Android Central App

warrenr525

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Ordered the Titanium Silver S7 Edge about the same time on the 23rd and as of right now - nothing. Only says it will ship by the 11th. For a brief period a few days ago it changed to the 31st but then reverted to the 11th.

Eric R

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Ordered the Titanium Silver S7 Edge about the same time on the 23rd and as of right now - nothing. Only says it will ship by the 11th. For a brief period a few days ago it changed to the 31st but then reverted to the 11th.

Right there with you. Does the VZ app day 1858?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2981.jpg
    2981.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 144

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Really my rant wasn't just directed at you, you just happened to have to most recent comment on the subject.

What I was trying to get at about the CSR saying you were misinformed though is that is her correct response if she doesn't know better. The CSRs there probably get told wrong information from thousands of customers a day, probably all thinking they are correct. That being the case who would you believe in that position, the company you work for or some random customer on the phone?

Anyways just getting tired of all the impatience on this thread. Everyone needs to relax, it's just a phone and at worse it's just a couple days of waiting.

Then let me be the first to apologize.

I am very understanding of customer service and the fire they get from customers.

Plus, I'll admit I'm not a patient person. I was frustrated with all the disconnect on all their order pages, nothing was agreeing with the other so I called after using the chat contact window.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I called CS this morning to see if I even have a legit order. Since I am seeing no updated information. The dude I talked to said my order has moved from preorder to regular order, and I should have shipping information soon. Still no charges to my bank account, no updates on shipping. Debating driving to Best Buy tomorrow and getting an s6 edge and canceling my order through Verizon. Extremely frustrated!

What are you frustrated about? You didn't pre-order the phone as soon as it went live and you're fuming about not having a shipping # yet. Verizon promised they'll deliver by the 11th. They still have 2 days to make good on that promise.

You can't buy a S7E from BB right now. They have to fulfill all their pre-orders and then you can have a phone if there are some left over. Not everyone is going to pop into BB today and pick their phones up. Either way you'll be waiting a few more days, just like you would if you kept your pre-order, except you want get the freebie.

OMG people be patient. IT'S A PHONE and one that technically hasn't even been released yet...like this thread is the definition of first world problems, and I absolutely hate that saying. Bragging over giving a CSR a bad review? Really? It's not like they have some secret information that they aren't telling you over spite, they can just say what they have been told to say. Obviously they are told the S7 will ship on the 11th, if they don't want to break the rules and possibly get yelled at that is what they will tell you. Maybe I just have more empathy for them since I have worked in retail quite a bit and my wife is currently a CSR at a local power company...getting yelled at all day gets old and 99% of the time the person yelling at you has no idea what is really going on, no wonder they would be skeptical of what anyone says.
/rant

I can understand how upsetting it can be to see your wife getting yelled at by **** customers. At the same time, it's the job she chose to do and it's a part of the job. If your wife sat there telling a customer they're wrong, the information anyone can see is correct is wrong, and go out of her way to make the people ticked off, she deserves to get yelled at. I'm sure it's not the same as what your wife has to go through, most likely people yelling at her about how their power is cut off even though they didn't pay the bill for months, how power has gone out and they absolutely need to use their goddamn iPad right the hell now, and so forth.

I also used to work retail and I still deal with CS issues on a daily basis. Since you've worked retail, you should also know it's all in how you deal with the situation. If someone sits there fanning the flames of an upset customer and wonder why they're getting bad CS reviews and customers yelling at them 24/7, they should go get a warehouse job somewhere.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I realized after I posted that that I was like 3 pages behind LOL. Its the thought that counts.

So what I'm really wondering now is if these phones are actually going to ship out, or if its going to go like when we got our iPhones-they all got tracking numbers, paid for, etc, but they didn't budge until 2 days before release day. They just sat with no tracking updates until just before, and we had them in hand on the release day.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
In other news, my UAG case came today :) its pretty nice, my only complaint is it was supposed to be "rust" and it is ORANGE. But that's ok. Harder to lose that way lol.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I called CS this morning to see if I even have a legit order. Since I am seeing no updated information. The dude I talked to said my order has moved from preorder to regular order, and I should have shipping information soon. Still no charges to my bank account, no updates on shipping. Debating driving to Best Buy tomorrow and getting an s6 edge and canceling my order through Verizon. Extremely frustrated!

In other news, my UAG case came today :) its pretty nice, my only complaint is it was supposed to be "rust" and it is ORANGE. But that's ok. Harder to lose that way lol.

Nooooo why would you cover up your phone with a solid color case?!?

On a sad note, I played at BB for about an hour today. Saw a throng of people getting their S7s and it made me sad. The worst part is when some of those folks stood there asking questions any Android fan would know. It was a "damn it nooooo give it to me first I know what I'm doing with it and I want it now" moments. For many of those folks, it was just a brand new smart phone. For me, it's a goddamn S7 Edge!

puddlejumper32

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I realized after I posted that that I was like 3 pages behind LOL. Its the thought that counts.

So what I'm really wondering now is if these phones are actually going to ship out, or if its going to go like when we got our iPhones-they all got tracking numbers, paid for, etc, but they didn't budge until 2 days before release day. They just sat with no tracking updates until just before, and we had them in hand on the release day.
mine shipped today @2 from Memphis

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

On a sad note, I played at BB for about an hour today. Saw a throng of people getting their S7s and it made me sad. The worst part is when some of those folks stood there asking questions any Android fan would know. It was a "damn it nooooo give it to me first I know what I'm doing with it and I want it now" moments. For many of those folks, it was just a brand new smart phone. For me, it's a goddamn S7 Edge!

That's why I hate going into a Best Buy. I have to fight the urge to comment on things like that. Especially when you hear the answer from an employee and know it is completely incorrect.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Did you get the Edge? I thought you were lurking here for the Edge. They only released the rust for the S7 otherwise I would have snapped it up since orange is my favorite color.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Number one reason I'm not allowed in a Verizon store anymore. I try to sell them the phone they want, not the phone they think they want.

"I want expandable storage and a removable battery and a good camera....I'm gonna get the S6."

Noooooo.