S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

cwolfey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Verizon, Silver S7 Edge.... arrived today.

Was surprised to say the least, been customizing for 3 hours.

Hope you all get your soon too.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well it did get 71 degrees here in St. Paul, MN today which is unusual for the beginning of March. It was 55 degrees at 5 o'clock this morning when I woke up. The temps are that low around Memorial Day.
Hopefully that sticks around next week. Have to go from 82 in Hawaii to Sioux Falls, SD. Not looking forward to wearing a coat. :(
At least I'll have my new S7 for the trip. Hopefully.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully that sticks around next week. Have to go from 82 in Hawaii to Sioux Falls, SD. Not looking forward to wearing a coat. :(
At least I'll have my new S7 for the trip. Hopefully.

And I thought going from LA to Seattle was bad... I'm probably driving up the power bill like crazy for my parents while I'm here having the heater on full tilt all day.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Preordered on 3-5. Black GS7E

Have a UPS tracking # as of 1pm today, although nothing to report on actual tracking or estimated delivery date....Likely means that the phone was merely scanned and on the VZW truck to be sent to UPS for sorting in Memphis, but not actually in UPS' possession yet.

Haven't really seen if anyone has a newer preorder than 3/5 actually getting sent out, so figured it was worth mentioning =)

As for some side notes.....

1. I'm going to be massively upset if I don't end up getting that smart watch from the promo.... I had 2 different VZW CSRs confirm that I would... and truth be told, that promo was the ONLY reason I'm upgrading my phone at all, since I'm planning on selling the watch on Ebay to help cover the additional cost of the phone. And as far as I'm concerned, if Samsung cheaps out on the watches, those two CSRs make Verizon liable for my watch.... or the price difference thereof. Also I wonder if Samsung's recent editing of the fine print, from 300,000 units to 35,000 watches.... just means that they are honoring watches for preorders before they changed the fine print, and that only 35,000 remained after editing.

2. I find it entirely too suspicious that I was having tons of problems with my relatively ancient Galaxy Nexus the past month or so (which is what was prompting me to even look at finally using my upgrade).... including loss of data connection, frequent device crashes crashes, and general device sluggishness.... Since confirming my order for the GS7E, however, my GNEX has miraculously started working flawlessly again.... :confused:

3. Samsung Pay, WhitePages, and Samsung Stock browser hopefully we can get working versions going on the 11th

4. I need a cheap case that provides actual drop protection... I've seen a few of the leather ones that are half wallets for $5-$15.... anyone confirm they do ok vs Drops?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
what time does the entertainment start in the morning, this has been a riot.
And I do undertand

I completely understand you don't understand.

Have a UPS tracking # as of 1pm today, although nothing to report on actual tracking or estimated delivery date....Likely means that the phone was merely scanned and on the VZW truck to be sent to UPS for sorting in Memphis, but not actually in UPS' possession yet.

Haven't really seen if anyone has a newer preorder than 3/5 actually getting sent out, so figured it was worth mentioning =)

1. I'm going to be massively upset if I don't end up getting that smart watch from the promo.... I had 2 different VZW CSRs confirm that I would... and truth be told, that promo was the ONLY reason I'm upgrading my phone at all, since I'm planning on selling the watch on Ebay to help cover the additional cost of the phone. And as far as I'm concerned, if Samsung cheaps out on the watches, those two CSRs make Verizon liable for my watch.... or the price difference thereof. Also I wonder if Samsung's recent editing of the fine print, from 300,000 units to 35,000 watches.... just means that they are honoring watches for preorders before they changed the fine print, and that only 35,000 remained after editing.

2. I find it entirely too suspicious that I was having tons of problems with my relatively ancient Galaxy Nexus the past month or so (which is what was prompting me to even look at finally using my upgrade).... including loss of data connection, frequent device crashes crashes, and general device sluggishness.... Since confirming my order for the GS7E, however, my GNEX has miraculously started working flawlessly again.... :confused:

3. Samsung Pay, WhitePages, and Samsung Stock browser hopefully we can get working versions going on the 11th

4. I need a cheap case that provides actual drop protection... I've seen a few of the leather ones that are half wallets for $5-$15.... anyone confirm they do ok vs Drops?

1. I'm sure you'll get one if you're getting your phone if you're getting the phone tomorrow or the day after that.

2. ILLUMINATI!

3. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Samsung browser or WhitePages. If they do come around, it'll take awhile. Thank Verizon for that crap. Stupid Verizon.

4. Spigen cases are dirt cheap on Amazon. They also work well. http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Resil...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5043624

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

I feel like the shipping situation makes Verizon liable for the watch. Some people were able to get overnight shipping and some (like myself) could only get 2day with no upgrade to overnight. That and the fact that there no order to how the shipping occurred, I.e. some people have received despite ordering after some who are still waiting. The only way I see Verizon not liable would have been if they didn't ship ANY preorders until they shipped ALL preorders, and would have had to ship them all the same speed.

Tj Holtgard

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I need a cheap case that provides actual drop protection... I've seen a few of the leather ones that are half wallets for $5-$15.... anyone confirm they do ok vs Drops?
I am going with Amazon.com: Galaxy S7 Edge Case - MoKo [Heavy Duty] Full Body Protective Rugged Holster Cover with Swivel Belt Clip - Dual Layer Shock Resistant Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 5.5 Inch 2016 Smartphone, BLUE: Cell Phones & Accessories for now. I had one for my Gflex 2 and it kept it safe enough to return to sprint after I finish setting up my S7E.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I feel like the shipping situation makes Verizon liable for the watch. Some people were able to get overnight shipping and some (like myself) could only get 2day with no upgrade to overnight. That and the fact that there no order to how the shipping occurred, I.e. some people have received despite ordering after some who are still waiting. The only way I see Verizon not liable would have been if they didn't ship ANY preorders until they shipped ALL preorders, and would have had to ship them all the same speed.

I completely understand.