S7 Edge - Verizon preorders

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
When regeistering for the promo, there are 2 seperate locations during reg process where you have to select either the s2 or VR.........

I saw that on both of my submissions. Even though I selected Gear S2 on the first spot, it defaulted to VR on the second spot. I changed it to S2 on both submissions, but only one went through as S2.... Terrible website.

renji5471

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to having a phone shipped to me from the website, and have always gotten it in the store where they activate it. Once I receive my phone how am I supposed to go about activating it?

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm thinking if they don't have enough watches they will "disqualify" people on some kind of bs. Like "image was blurry", "couldn't read location code" etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to having a phone shipped to me from the website, and have always gotten it in the store where they activate it. Once I receive my phone how am I supposed to go about activating it?

If the instructions don't make it work, there's an activation link on the Verizon website you can try. If both somehow fail call customer service and they'll fix it

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
If the instructions don't make it work, there's an activation link on the Verizon website you can try. If both somehow fail call customer service and they'll fix it

Just an FYI.... instructions in the box( they are very vague -(1. turn off old phone 2. turn on new phone and follow prompts) didn't apply for my first 2 s7's and not able to activate through the phone itself or online....... had to call 611 in both cases for a manual activation but only took 5-6 minutes to complete.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Just an FYI.... instructions in the box( they are very vague -(1. turn off old phone 2. turn on new phone and follow prompts) didn't apply for my first 2 s7's and not able to activate through the phone itself or online....... had to call 611 in both cases for a manual activation but only took 5-6 minutes to complete.

Yeah mine didn't work with the box instructions either but as soon as I activated online it fired on up.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm thinking if they don't have enough watches they will "disqualify" people on some kind of bs. Like "image was blurry", "couldn't read location code" etc.

They are not going to have to come up for any reason for denying a claim.... it states "while supplies last" and "only 35,000" available first come first serve..... and then they will probably issue something like they did for those that tried to get the free charger promo for downloading Samsung Pay...." sorry, we are out of stock and the promo has been ended but we can give you a 30% off coupon for future samsung purchase"....

obviously no one knows what their response will be once allotted stock is depleted so my comment is mere speculation based on previous experience from samsung....

but VZW has made it very clear, this is samsungs promo and they have nothing to do with it or control when it ends.... even if your silver s7edge (like mine) will not ship until March 31.......

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
All I had to do was turn on both phones and it activated for me. Even got a nice little email from AT&T telling me its been removed from my account.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Anyone just take a picture of the receipt that came in the box and submit it to Samsung? I mean couldn't find a receipt that had all the info they wanted to screen capture. Oh well, I got my phone and that's what counts. ::teeth grinding.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I finally heard from Prizelogic and Samsung, both said that the email of S2 vs VR means nothing. The submissions were just ran through computers and only to check the word "location code" are on the paper. The computers just spit them back with either device for Verizon. They then have to manually go through them one by one to verify them, which is why it will take 4-6 weeks. They have to go through the S2 claims by date as well, because they have several hundred thousand claims (according to the rep). Essentially, it's a complete crapshoot and Verizon repeatedly said it was Samsung's promotion and they have nothing to do with it at all.

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When did you order?

1st one on 23rd. They cancelled that back on Sunday due to error on their part.

The one that's shipping I ordered by phone Sunday evening. I decided on Gold since majority are getting Silver. Love the Gold by the way, here on my third day with it. It looks great in all kinds of light, and the "goldness" is pretty subdued.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Anyone just take a picture of the receipt that came in the box and submit it to Samsung? I mean couldn't find a receipt that had all the info they wanted to screen capture. Oh well, I got my phone and that's what counts. ::teeth grinding.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

That's what I did

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I know you said before that they can do this (change rules/add limits mid promotion), I wondered if you can elaborate more as to how it's OK (legally). Their site is still advertising the promo even now, and I feel like the wording is pretty clear on that site that "if you buy, you receive"

The Terms and Conditions specifically state " Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, the Offer and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable." It also states " Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Terms and Conditions." This isn't like a shrinkwrap contract because the terms were available to us before pre-order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87