S7 Edge - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Zagg HD dry and it was a piece of cake. I have used Zagg on all of my devices for quite some time and the newer dry process is much easier than the old wet one. It really is easy and it looks and feels fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I installed the Zagg HD dry and it was a piece of cake. I have used Zagg on all of my devices for quite some time and the newer dry process is much easier than the old wet one. It really is easy and it looks and feels fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Was yours the same as the one in the above video?

Last edited:

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Tried an unbranded one from eBay, massively disappointed

It's fine if you use it naked, but my spigen tough armour case has such a solid grip that it was causing the protector to bunch up, causing a gap between the screen and panel of about a mm or so. This was due to adhesive only being on the gold part rather than the whole thing like flat protectors.

Smudged way worse than the standard glass panel. This was highly annoying.

The visible part of the protector was smaller than the standard screen. This made it difficult to navigate the drop down notification bar.

Pro point was that it handled scratches well.

If anyone finds a full adhesive screen that works with a spigen case on then please message me. I got so wound up after 2 days that I took it off.

Attachments

• 10850.jpg
    10850.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 145

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Was you the same as the one in the above video?

The Zagg HD dry comes in front screen or full body option. I agree with Jneusch, it is a lot easier than their old wet application. I installed mine without any bubbles. The trick is using the squeegee in the last part when removing the film and making sure you press down both edges with your fingers several times to make sure the film adheres to the side before you remove the protected film. The one thing I wouldn't recommend you do like he did in the video is he put his fingers on the display as leverage while applying the film to the display. This will leave a fingerprint on the display as the film goes over it. If you just hold up the film and run the squeegee down the display at the same time you shouldn't need to put your fingers on your nice clean glass.

Another pointer, apply this in the bathroom after a hot steamy shower. This will cut down on dust flying about.

Obviously, your mileage will vary like everyone else. I will say the Zagg HD film is like glass and you can't even tell you have a protected film on my phone and the feel is almost identical as it being naked. It lines up perfect to the edge as well.

155602.jpg155631.jpg

Last edited:

emiletsdance

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I tried the LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector and it fit well and was great, but my case didn't fit over it without multiple tries and the Screen Protector made the front camera REALLY blurry.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The Zagg HD dry comes in front screen or full body option. I agree with Jneusch, it is a lot easier than their old wet application. I installed mine without any bubbles. The trick is using the squeegee in the last part when removing the film and making sure you press down both edges with your fingers several times to make sure the film adheres to the side before you remove the protected film. The one thing I wouldn't recommend you do like he did in the video is he put his fingers on the display as leverage while applying the film to the display. This will leave a fingerprint on the display as the film goes over it. If you just hold up the film and run the squeegee down the display at the same time you shouldn't need to put your fingers on your nice clean glass.

Another pointer, apply this in the bathroom after a hot steamy shower. This will cut down on dust flying about.

Obviously, your mileage will vary like everyone else. I will say the Zagg HD film is like glass and you can't even tell you have a protected film on my phone and the feel is almost identical as it being naked. It lines up perfect to the edge as well.

View attachment 221428View attachment 221429

Any problems of it peeling up with cases?

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Obviously, your mileage will vary like everyone else. I will say the Zagg HD film is like glass and you can't even tell you have a protected film on my phone and the feel is almost identical as it being naked. It lines up perfect to the edge as well

How is this one working out???
I contacted Zagg concerning their Glass curved version and it seems we shouldn't expect it anytime soon so I have to find a alternative till then :(

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I understand that and normally would not even think about returning it. However I bought the shield and the case at the same time from Verizon, paid too much for both of them, and had them install them and the rep told me that it would not do exactly what it is doing. Thus I will return it.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Im having problems with my Droid Maxx uncomanded reboots...... this is the second Moto phone that has done this to me........

I think I'm going to get a S7E, probably this week....... anything new on the Zagg glass ????

I hate to get this and go unprotected....

I see where some of you are going with the Zagg HD DRY... how is that working out for you?

mdkappy

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Picked up the Zagg tempered glass today at a Zagg kiosk in a local mall. It's outstanding! Only downside is that it has black across the top and bottom. Fits perfectly and looks great. They're coming out with more colors soon - gold for sure. Also picked up the Spigen Thin fit case - works perfectly. No gapping. Glass screen protector is secure - not coming up. Highly recommend. Had the HD protector and disliked it.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Picked up the Zagg tempered glass today at a Zagg kiosk in a local mall. It's outstanding! Only downside is that it has black across the top and bottom. Fits perfectly and looks great. They're coming out with more colors soon - gold for sure. Also picked up the Spigen Thin fit case - works perfectly. No gapping. Glass screen protector is secure - not coming up. Highly recommend. Had the HD protector and disliked it.

Can you post some photos of the glass protector? Are they going to have a clear one (no dumb colors on the top and bottom)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch