Galaxy S7 Edge - What screen protector ?

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Purchased the Zagg HD from Best Buy today for my 7 edge. While I was making my purchase the guy told me that they do not accept returns on screen protectors once they've been opened.

The Zagg was a pita to install because every time I would squeegee the screen it would shift. After reapplying it 3 times, wearing gloves, it looked like crap. I ended up just tossing it in the trash. Zagg wants $4 to ship their warranty replacement. I should have just lit $25 on fire.

Earlier I used the Skinomi matte which went on flawless. I took it off because it made the screen pixelated. I ordered up the Skinomi HD clear hoping I'll have better luck.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Purchased the Zagg HD from Best Buy today for my 7 edge. While I was making my purchase the guy told me that they do not accept returns on screen protectors once they've been opened.

The Zagg was a pita to install because every time I would squeegee the screen it would shift. After reapplying it 3 times, wearing gloves, it looked like crap. I ended up just tossing it in the trash. Zagg wants $4 to ship their warranty replacement. I should have just lit $25 on fire.

Earlier I used the Skinomi matte which went on flawless. I took it off because it made the screen pixelated. I ordered up the Skinomi HD clear hoping I'll have better luck.

"Ditto"

Mine was not easy to install and afterwards It was crap at best. Tossed it out. Waste of good money on that Zagg. Now waiting for a cheapo to come to me, waiting for the Glass to appear someday

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
"Ditto"

Mine was not easy to install and afterwards It was crap at best. Tossed it out. Waste of good money on that Zagg. Now waiting for a cheapo to come to me, waiting for the Glass to appear someday

The Skinomi stuck to the curve of the screen no problem. I had to squeegee the crap out of the Zagg because it never took. Between that and the shifting it was a horrible experience.

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Bought my Zagg HD screen protector last night & had Best Buy install for $8. It fits around the screen and goes right up to the cover on all sides of my Spigen Neo Hybrid Satin Silver case.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I had no issues putting my Zagg HD on. Too bad it doesn't heal itself like it says and there are dents all over the stupid thing from the squeegee. It's been 24 hours and the dents are still there. Stupid Zagg.

Bought my Zagg HD screen protector last night & had Best Buy install for $8. It fits around the screen and goes right up to the cover on all sides of my Spigen Neo Hybrid Satin Silver case.

I'm getting cover lift thanks to my neo hybrid case. Wish Zagg made it a tiny bit smaller so it doesn't get into a fight with the case.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site

I couldn't wrap my head around spending $25 for a protector and $8 for an install. When I worked for BBY we did installs for free. We made our money on the profit margins on the screen. I think BBY got them for $3 wholesale.

dakota316

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

So I notice you said you had the Matte Skinomi. Are you just not used to Matte protectors or what? I have a HD Skinomi now and love it, but was thinking about getting the Matte Skinomi... im used to the Matte screens. My HD Skinomi went on without a issue as well, very quick and easy.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
So I notice you said you had the Matte Skinomi. Are you just not used to Matte protectors or what? I have a HD Skinomi now and love it, but was thinking about getting the Matte Skinomi... im used to the Matte screens. My HD Skinomi went on without a issue as well, very quick and easy.

I loved the matte finish but it dulls the contrast of the screen noticeably. Also, the screen was extremely pixelated. The install couldnt have been easier. I'm just waiting for the HD Skinomi to come in.

arab305

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Ended up getting the zagg HD yesterday at a tmobile store. It seems good, front and rear protection. One of the corners of the edge screen comes up a little from time to time but it seems ok. Really waiting for the zagg tempered to come out so I can get that

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally i'm not a big fan of screen protector because i take great care of my devices. However, i always try and see what is nice after applying one on. I must say ZAGG HD is impressive. Easy to put it on, and i couldn't tell it was on after it was done. I got the full protective version. Going to give it a try next few weeks how it handle.

Rheller82

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Just put the skinomi matte on my edge and it applys well. It does have that distortion, not too noticeable. Then again this for untill I decide what glass to get.

So it does work and fit.

Posted via the Android Central App

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Just put the skinomi matte on my edge and it applys well. It does have that distortion, not too noticeable. Then again this for untill I decide what glass to get.

So it does work and fit.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine installed flawlessly but I couldn't get past the distortion and pixelation.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Best Buy charged you $8 to put on a screen protector? What crooks! How is that screen protector? It has terrible reviews on Best Buy's website.

I'm currently using the matte Skinomi screen protector. It does pixelate the screen a little bit but it's not too bad. It's only a placeholder until the Zagg glass screen protector comes out.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Best Buy charged you $8 to put on a screen protector? What crooks! How is that screen protector? It has terrible reviews on Best Buy's website.

I'm currently using the matte Skinomi screen protector. It does pixelate the screen a little bit but it's not too bad. It's only a placeholder until the Zagg glass screen protector comes out.

The Zagg HD is fine. I read the 2 reviews and I have no idea what they're complaining about. All the members that have used the screen protector haven't mentioned the same problems as those 2 reviewers.

Now if only someone can make a quality glass protector...

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The Zagg HD is fine. I read the 2 reviews and I have no idea what they're complaining about. All the members that have used the screen protector haven't mentioned the same problems as those 2 reviewers.

Now if only someone can make a quality glass protector...

Was the Zagg HD relatively easy to install? I guess that's what those two reviewers were complaining about...

Dena Ahmed

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Just applied the skinomi hd clear and already not too happy with it I have to wait about 4-5 hours for it to dry and am already tempted to get the HD Dry from Zagg until their curved comes out. Ugh.