Verizon Upgrade with unlimited data

Mookie1127

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to pre-order the s7 and keep their unlimited data? I tried doing it myself and it tells me I need to select a new data plan and when I talk to the online chat folks they tell me to call customer service.

Posted via the Android Central App

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to pre-order the s7 and keep their unlimited data? I tried doing it myself and it tells me I need to select a new data plan and when I talk to the online chat folks they tell me to call customer service.

A friend tried, he end up switching to AT&T since he already have DirecTV. Works great for him.

VetteVert

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You won't. I confirmed all over. Step through it and you can see where your plan stays the same on the final page before actually completing the order.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
A friend tried, he end up switching to AT&T since he already have DirecTV. Works great for him.

It also works if you have AT&T U-verse.

I had unlimited Data and when I got a new phone when I was Verizon (now I'm on AT&T thank goodness) they had me switch to a new data plan.

Arcticwolf1

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

I had to call in to pre-order the S7 for my wife and I to keep our unlimited plan. But the nice thing about that was we were able to get the monthly payment plan and the $100 discount promo. And we still qualify for the gear vr promo.

When trying to order online, it would show that I was keeping my old plan but NOT the unlimited data. There's a difference between the data plan and the talk/text plan. It would only display the new data plan options and if you didn't select one you were losing your data plan.

Anyone who is saying otherwise will be in for a rude awakening when they activate their new phones.

Mookie1127

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You won't. I confirmed all over. Step through it and you can see where your plan stays the same on the final page before actually completing the order.

Interesting. It told me I had to select a new data package. I tried ignoring it and clicked on continue but it wouldn't let me move past that page.