05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 152153154155156 ...
tools
    thanks for the heads up!! keep me posted
    06-22-2016 11:46 PM
    History:
    • Preordered S7 Edge *gold* end of February
    • Eagerly following tracking...to wrong address
    • "miss" delivered on 3 separate orders...
    • Fedex moving at speed of snail...finally delivers phone 3 weeks later
    • Promises I'm still eligible for S2 promotion

Since I can't apply without the phone serials and what not I'm just hoping for the best. I'm actually approved about a week after submitting which is now a month since the phone shipped. Fast Forward to about 2 weeks ago and I was at my breaking point. I sent emails to Verizon, Samsung, and Prizelogic telling them how I was going to solve the problem.

Just this past Friday I received my VR after weeks of emails and calls(they don't return calls) I was told the "location code" bull. I'm incredibly disappointed with the VR after playing 1 game of the 6 odd free ones. So I put in my BBB complaint and after I disputed the charge with Verizon, and you can complain all you want about Samsung this...Prizelogic that...but the truth is I don't give two f***s about Verizon. Cause thats how I was treated anytime I tried to resolve this. After about 2 days of emails I received a response:

Attachment 230623

I hope this helps anyone, and I'll keep everyone posted about the swap.
    Make sure you get a timeframe response documented, preferably on the BBB complaint, on how long it should take to get your watch. They'll probably try and pull the 4wk nonsense on you.

I'm starting to think I should have filed one against Verizon as well. If Samsung truly can't get any out for 4 wks, I know Verizon can...
    06-23-2016 07:43 AM
    I'm thinking Aushoj (I think it was him) was correct in the theory that Not-so-Bright Point is getting shipments in every 2 weeks or so & then shipping from the top of the stack (I think some of us are on the bottom). I assumed they were waiting for a large shipment to go out to everyone, but I think these little trickles of shipments every couple of weeks are the way this is going to go. If correct, then tomorrow, or by next Friday, there should be another small group of labels in FDM. BTW, Samsung support told me today that there is no one to blame, patience & understanding is all they can ask. I think we had a 1960s hippie moment in there somewhere & flower rings in the hair ARE back in style, so.....at least I'm cool again? Peace out, Dudes...gotta go to work.
    mikeyt99, aberobert and Aushoj like this.
    06-23-2016 08:08 AM
    Verizon responded on FB with a lovely, caring comment:
    Let's get this cleared up, Iwant. Samsung is the party that was offering the free Gear 2, while supplies lasted. We recommend reaching out to them regarding this issue. If you have any questions regarding your wireless services please just let us know. - Marty
    Dearest Marty,
    First let us (your customers) thank you for your wonderful and caring response (sarcasm intended). The VERIZON customers that have been caught up in this ordeal have been made very aware of the fact that this was a Samsung promotion. However, this Samsung promotion was advertised and promoted by VERIZON, in fact, VERIZON was the only carrier that offered the Gear S2. To qualify, the Galaxy S7 phones had to be pre-ordered from VERIZON, not Samsung, they had to be placed on the VERIZON payment plan, not a Samsung plan, and the customers pay their bill each month to VERIZON, not to Samsung. I would guess from the response to this promotion that VERIZON sells a hell of a lot of phones for Samsung, so why does VERIZON not step up and tell Samsung, "you are hurting our customers, and as a result it is hurting the reputation of VERIZON, we demand this situation be resolved immediately".
    As customers, we would suggest that in the future, when a phone manufacturer wants you to participate in one of their promotions, that you say, "sure, send us the free item and we will ship it to our customer when we ship the phone."

Regards,
    Your VERIZON customer
    06-23-2016 08:19 AM
    After filing three complaints to the BBB, I've received responses from Verizon and PL.

PL - Per the terms and conditions, which can be found at https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/rules, there has been a delay in gift receipt due to inventory for consumers who registered after March 18. Your registration occurred on March 21, so we apologize for the inconvenience. Your gift of a Gear S2 has been approved and we will request your shipment be expedited. Once tracking is available, it will be emailed to you.

I haven't heard that excuse from PL yet. I wasn't aware that there were two separate registration dates??

Verizon - Received a text message and voicemail from a "Sara" at Verizon's executive office. I'll post a follow up when I call her back.
    06-23-2016 11:27 AM
    After filing three complaints to the BBB, I've received responses from Verizon and PL.

PL - Per the terms and conditions, which can be found at https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-us/rules, there has been a delay in gift receipt due to inventory for consumers who registered after March 18. Your registration occurred on March 21, so we apologize for the inconvenience. Your gift of a Gear S2 has been approved and we will request your shipment be expedited. Once tracking is available, it will be emailed to you.

I haven't heard that excuse from PL yet. I wasn't aware that there were two separate registration dates??

Verizon - Received a text message and voicemail from a "Sara" at Verizon's executive office. I'll post a follow up when I call her back.
    What makes this even better is that those who did register after the original end date received their watches before those of us who registered before the original ending date...
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    06-23-2016 12:45 PM
    What makes this even better is that those who did register after the original end date received their watches before those of us who registered before the original ending date...
    First come first serve but in reality
    Last come first serve

mind = blow
    06-23-2016 01:05 PM
    First come first serve but in reality
    Last come first serve

mind = blow
    "First Come" must have really meant "Starting from the top of my inbox"...
    Another Name and wheresmys2 like this.
    06-23-2016 01:16 PM

PL - "OOH! We can actually get away with citing the Terms and Conditions on this one!"
    Jalon Dodson likes this.
    06-23-2016 01:18 PM
    I guess I wasn't aware there were two registration dates. According to the terms below, I could've purchased it Feb 23. online, and submitted 4/15/16 11:59:58 pm and should have still been considered within the original end date.

This is what the original terms and conditions stated:

Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/7/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 4/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase. Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. No more than 300,000 Gear VRs, 35,000 Gear S2s, or 25,000 Netflix Codes are available in this Offer. While supplies last. Initial Gear VR, Gear S2 and Netflix Codes supplies are exhausted. Delivery of Gear VR, Gear S2, or Netflix Code may be delayed. See Terms and Conditions for alternative gift options. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.
    06-23-2016 01:34 PM
    I guess I wasn't aware there were two registration dates. According to the terms below, I could've purchased it Feb 23. online, and submitted 4/15/16 11:59:58 pm and should have still been considered within the original end date.

This is what the original terms and conditions stated:

Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/7/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 4/15/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase. Subject to terms and conditions. Additional restrictions apply. Click here for Offer Terms and Conditions. No more than 300,000 Gear VRs, 35,000 Gear S2s, or 25,000 Netflix Codes are available in this Offer. While supplies last. Initial Gear VR, Gear S2 and Netflix Codes supplies are exhausted. Delivery of Gear VR, Gear S2, or Netflix Code may be delayed. See Terms and Conditions for alternative gift options. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Customers purchasing in-store or online from Costco, Sprint, Target, or Best Buy retail locations will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective carrier or retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on SamsungPromotions.com.
    I dont believe the original T & C had a limit on the S2.
    06-23-2016 02:07 PM
    That's not the T&C that I had from Verizon. I ordered on 3/9, but while you could go online to sort of hold your place in line, you could not actually begin your submission until 3/11 (the day they officially released the Galaxy S7 (or so I was told). I was shipped my phone on 3/11, so I was just thrilled that I made it under the wire as a 'pre-order' (I'm laughing at my own stupidity as I type this). My T&C was the exact one that is on the status page now (God, I better go make a copy), except it didn't have the March 19 addendum at that time. I find it incredible that they are sticking with the 'ran out of stock for the post 3/18 submitters' story. I swear I think PrizeLogic lost some of the submissions for 3/11 & 3/12. I've determined that no matter what....I'm leaving Verizon, paying off my phones & when I purchase new phones, they will NOT be Samsung phones! Never, ever, again.
    Aushoj, Up Down, devdog91 and 1 others like this.
    06-23-2016 02:57 PM
    I think you'll like this, wheresmys2
    Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-eusggnc.jpg
    06-23-2016 03:00 PM
    I think you'll like this, wheresmys2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eUSggNC.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	230664
    Love it!
    06-23-2016 04:27 PM
    Good news!!!!! Mine was shipped today .9lb package will be here Sat. And yes I said shipped. Label created today too. No my status has not updated, no email, fdm was the only way I knew!!! 3/9 submitter
    06-23-2016 07:39 PM
    Ps, check status in fdm at 5pm nothing, checked 830 and had shipped
    wheresmys2 and devdog91 like this.
    06-23-2016 07:45 PM
    o there is no reason to believe that I will ever see this package! I've heard and read about your customers who say they received package but didn't get a tracking number until after it was delivered. So if fed ex shows up with a package and I'm not home to accept it, I am screwed? Or, it's left by my door and someone sees the package and steals it. I am screwed! There are more scenarios I can think of but I tell ya. I'm tired of being screwed! Sometimes it hurts!

I am learning again about the realities of life. You big companies and head honchos don't care about your customers. And you, most likely an employee they don't care about either. Everyone and everything is replaceable. If I do not receive the watch soon then I will be replacing your services as well. Don't come back at me with some story like read the fine print. I have. 6-8 weeks is long gone. And you're pushing away the long time customers in the process. But at the end out the day you go home and count your pennies while I'm out working all day to save those pennies. And there's some pennies for your thoughts.
    Regards.

Posted via the Android Central App
    wheresmys2, aberobert and devdog91 like this.
    06-23-2016 07:47 PM
    The post is a copy if the email I sent to Samsung it Prizelogic. It is so funny how they come up with different excuse day in and day out. Honestly I have no experience with Apple products except for iPad I bought about 5 years ago. But this experienced has brought me over the top. If anyone has had good experience with Apple or other devices I would like to hear your pros and cons, if you have time that is. I was so pro Samsung that I praised there products to whomever. Things change fast. Good evening.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-23-2016 08:10 PM
    UPDATE!!!
    My exhausting efforts have finally come to fruition! 1.6 lbs package is in transit from Not-So-Bright Point! Eta is 6/28! After sixteen and a half weeks it's almost over.
    To outline my entire process, it is as follows:
    Pre-ordered a S7 and a S7 Edge on Verizon Wireless website 3/8
    Received both phones 3/11
    Registered for promotion 3/11
    Submission accepted and acknowledged 3/11
    Approval on 4/7
    First exchange with PL online 4/24
    Activation email on 5/5
    Second exchange with PL online 6/2
    BBB complaint against PL 6/4
    Bs response 6/6
    Final phone call to Samsung/PL 6/21
    Label created 6/22
    Shipped 6/23

Now this doesn't included the hundreds of phone calls that I made to PL, Verizon, Samsung, and Brightpoint.
    I have a recommendation to all of you that are early submitters like myself. Call Samsung and have the first representative transfer you to the promotions team, then from the promotions representative to a promotions supervisor. Be patient, and as polite as possible, they'll ask the same questions across all three people. When you do get to a supervisor, talk about how upset the whole ordeal has made you with all of the above companies. With in 48 hours you'll get a call from a Samsung representative that will ask about your previous phone interaction. Over all, rate your experience as unsatisfying because your issues were not resolved.
    That is how my last calls with Samsung were handled. I really honestly think that Samsung has fired PL and is now overseeing everything personally.

There is my two cents, and that's about all its worth. I'll update again once I actually have watches in hand!
    06-24-2016 12:03 AM
    UPDATE!!!
    My exhausting efforts have finally come to fruition! 1.6 lbs package is in transit from Not-So-Bright Point! Eta is 6/28! After sixteen and a half weeks it's almost over.
    To outline my entire process, it is as follows:
    Pre-ordered a S7 and a S7 Edge on Verizon Wireless website 3/8
    Received both phones 3/11
    Registered for promotion 3/11
    Submission accepted and acknowledged 3/11
    Approval on 4/7
    First exchange with PL online 4/24
    Activation email on 5/5
    Second exchange with PL online 6/2
    BBB complaint against PL 6/4
    Bs response 6/6
    Final phone call to Samsung/PL 6/21
    Label created 6/22
    Shipped 6/23

Now this doesn't included the hundreds of phone calls that I made to PL, Verizon, Samsung, and Brightpoint.
    I have a recommendation to all of you that are early submitters like myself. Call Samsung and have the first representative transfer you to the promotions team, then from the promotions representative to a promotions supervisor. Be patient, and as polite as possible, they'll ask the same questions across all three people. When you do get to a supervisor, talk about how upset the whole ordeal has made you with all of the above companies. With in 48 hours you'll get a call from a Samsung representative that will ask about your previous phone interaction. Over all, rate your experience as unsatisfying because your issues were not resolved.
    That is how my last calls with Samsung were handled. I really honestly think that Samsung has fired PL and is now overseeing everything personally.

There is my two cents, and that's about all its worth. I'll update again once I actually have watches in hand!
    Every date is a mirror to me except for the submission date and acknowledge date. Mine are 12th and 13th. Expressed my frustration with Verizon yesterday and the rep said he would call on my behalf and see what he could gather for information. He came back after about 45-60 minutes and said they looked into it and they show may as my approval date. Well needless to say I was no longer nice. I expressed how screwed up this whole thing was. How I had proof of my approval fat of 7th of April. He said I understand stand your frustration. Before I really laid into him, knowing not his fault, I said that's fine I am starting the BBB complaints as this is absolutely ridiculous that they treat any of their customers whether new or old this way.

Somewhere on planet earth!
    06-24-2016 05:37 AM
    WOW shockingly there qas a label created apparently right after my BBB complaint. Not expecting it by the expected delivery date of Saturday but it's better than nothing I suppose. I don't recall but for those who received 2 watches was the weight 1.6?

06-24-2016 07:34 AM
    WOW shockingly there qas a label created apparently right after my BBB complaint. Not expecting it by the expected delivery date of Saturday but it's better than nothing I suppose. I don't recall but for those who received 2 watches was the weight 1.6?

Who all did you file a complaint against?
    06-24-2016 07:46 AM
    Prizelogic

06-24-2016 07:51 AM
    Prizelogic

I think I might just file a complaint against them as well then. It's been a few days since I filed the complaint against Samsung and I'd rather them not take the full 14 days allowed to respond... If they do that then I could still be waiting 4 weeks for my watches. I actually submitted the day after you.

Out of curiosity, what "complaint type" did you select?
    06-24-2016 08:11 AM
    OMG! OMG! FDM shows a pkg to MEEEE from Brightpoint with a label created!! Please, please let it graduate to an actual shipment & arrive on my doorstep. Why, oh Why did I not file a BBB complaint weeks ago when I considered it? I am convinced that this is in response to the BBB filings. Either way....it's potentially almost over!!!! WooHoooo! (feel free to dance w/ me!)
    06-24-2016 08:20 AM
4,281 ... 152153154155156 ...