Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

jwalk87

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
To the people who are getting bent out of shape about people submitting after them and receiving S2 before them, it seems to me that prize logic is taking into consideration when the phone was originally ordered because hardly anyone is posting their actual pre-order date - only when they got their phone and submitted a claim.

I pre-ordered on 3 / 3, and did not receive the phone until 3 / 18 , then submitted a claim same day, and was approved on around the 20th or something. A lot of people seem to have been approved all at once around the 20th no matter when they submitted their claim. Looks to me like , therefore, prizelogic is not holding it against people who had to wait weeks and weeks to receive their phone before they could submit their claim, and that they are taking into account the date you actually pre-ordered your phone. I could be wrong.

I am one of the people who had their order status changed on the Samsung site to "enroute", although nothing is showing up FedEx delivery manager, and I've received no emails from anyone.

Incorrect. I ordered my 2 phones a minute after pre orders opened up on Feb 23. Received my phones on the 9th. I actually had UPS hold my order at the facility so I could pick them up and submit for the promo which I did by 9am EST on March 9th. I still have not received anything but the bogus in route email. Prizelogic confirmed I was approved March 9th.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
To the people who are getting bent out of shape about people submitting after them and receiving S2 before them, it seems to me that prize logic is taking into consideration when the phone was originally ordered because hardly anyone is posting their actual pre-order date - only when they got their phone and submitted a claim.

I pre-ordered on 3 / 3, and did not receive the phone until 3 / 18 , then submitted a claim same day, and was approved on around the 20th or something. A lot of people seem to have been approved all at once around the 20th no matter when they submitted their claim. Looks to me like , therefore, prizelogic is not holding it against people who had to wait weeks and weeks to receive their phone before they could submit their claim, and that they are taking into account the date you actually pre-ordered your phone. I could be wrong.

I am one of the people who had their order status changed on the Samsung site to "enroute", although nothing is showing up FedEx delivery manager, and I've received no emails from anyone.

I received notice from fedex last night that my second S2 has "label created" ..... I received my first S2 on Apr 2nd after label was created on March 30.... didn't order them until 3/2 and submitted on 3/9 and 3/10.... this one is listed as only .9lbs by fedex after first one was 2.4lbs..... although actual weight of first package when I received it was 15.6oz....

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I received notice from fedex last night that my second S2 has "label created" ..... I received my first S2 on Apr 2nd after label was created on March 30.... didn't order them until 3/2 and submitted on 3/9 and 3/10.... this one is listed as only .9lbs by fedex after first one was 2.4lbs..... although actual weight of first package when I received it was 15.6oz....

Curious stuff. You submitted two times a single day apart. Have received one but not the other weeks later.

Was there any info in the paper work with the watch you received indicating the phone that it was paired with for the submission?
I would be interesting if the 3/10 phone/submission was the one that got the watch.

I'm going on a kind of burst theory in the plant. Someday in some warehouse a stack of paperwork was thrown down in to some poor sods basket and he worked that pile of paperwork down from the top. Although the person who created that pile was in an office nearby and created that pile from a list that was chronological. So that created pile would have the first on the bottom.

The first day the orders where worked and the basket for the warehouse guy was emptied. The second day the the basket of paper work was not emptied and there was some left at the bottom, (the oldest submissions). The next day more paperwork was dropped off and placed on top of the oldest submissions. So like a lazy stockboy at a market, the newest submissions where worked and shipped first becasue they where at the top of the pile.

Then that pallet(s) of merchandise became empty, and there was still paperwork in the basket.

New paper work came in and was placed on top of the pile in the basket.

A new pallet of merchandise came in. And the warehouse worker reached for the top of the pile to start.

Just a theory! A G..(nevermind)

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Curious stuff. You submitted two times a single day apart. Have received one but not the other weeks later.

Was there any info in the paper work with the watch you received indicating the phone that it was paired with for the submission?
I would be interesting if the 3/10 phone/submission was the one that got the watch.

I'm going on a kind of burst theory in the plant. Someday in some warehouse a stack of paperwork was thrown down in to some poor sods basket and he worked that pile of paperwork down from the top. Although the person who created that pile was in an office nearby and created that pile from a list that was chronological. So that created pile would have the first on the bottom.

The first day the orders where worked and the basket for the warehouse guy was emptied. The second day the the basket of paper work was not emptied and there was some left at the bottom, (the oldest submissions). The next day more paperwork was dropped off and placed on top of the oldest submissions. So like a lazy stockboy at a market, the newest submissions where worked and shipped first becasue they where at the top of the pile.

Then that pallet(s) of merchandise became empty, and there was still paperwork in the basket.

New paper work came in and was placed on top of the pile in the basket.

A new pallet of merchandise came in. And the warehouse worker reached for the top of the pile to start.

Just a theory! A G..(nevermind)

The first S2 I received on Apr 2nd was related to my 3/9 submission..... this is confirmed by the mac address number in the check status page which finally just changed to in route and added the fedex tracking number yesterday(although it was delivered 2 weeks ago).

I also have a third submission that was done on 3/18(silver one) that was changed to "in route" on the check status page yesterday but nothing related to it in fedex manager...

so I have received fedex tracking numbers for the first 2 S2's - exactly 2 weeks apart although they were submitted 24 hours apart...

the first S2 took three days to be delivered after the "label created" notice was in fedex.... the new tracking number says the 2nd S2 is supposed to be delivered today but that won't happen since it is not "in transit" yet.... much like the first one, label created on wed night for thursday delivery but didn't arrive until Saturday......

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well...preordered silver edge on 3/2...received phone on 3/18...I submitted on 3/19...was approved on 3/20 for s2...notified Sunday on delivery manager that fed ex had a label..originally said estimated delivery for 4/12....got an update today and it will be here friday...hope everybody else gets theirs soon....I thought it'd be summer for me so I'm a little surprised! FWIW I live in middle ga...doesn't seem to be a regional thing....I don't think they really have any order at all...but hey, it's a free 350$ watch

Posted via the Android Central App

The fact that you're already getting yours bothers me less than the fact that you were able to order a silver and receive and register it after the 18th... I really wanted the silver and the ONLY reason I didn't order it was because I was told it would arrive after it was too late to register for the promo... Don't get me wrong, I like the black but that p*sses me off that I could have ordered the silver and still been able to get the promo. (And receive it earlier that nearly everyone else apparently..)

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
The first S2 I received on Apr 2nd was related to my 3/9 submission..... this is confirmed by the mac address number in the check status page which finally just changed to in route and added the fedex tracking number yesterday(although it was delivered 2 weeks ago).

I also have a third submission that was done on 3/18(silver one) that was changed to "in route" on the check status page yesterday but nothing related to it in fedex manager...

so I have received fedex tracking numbers for the first 2 S2's - exactly 2 weeks apart although they were submitted 24 hours apart...

the first S2 took three days to be delivered after the "label created" notice was in fedex.... the new tracking number says the 2nd S2 is supposed to be delivered today but that won't happen since it is not "in transit" yet.... much like the first one, label created on wed night for thursday delivery but didn't arrive until Saturday......

A third submission! You sir are a trove of data. The cryptanalyst in me is doing a little dance.

So the mass “in route” status change probably happened to everyone who has a submission date less than some date.

The FedEx label was created for your second submission two weeks after the first one.

I’m willing to postulate on inference from the lurking I’m doing on this forum. That one day when there was no merchandise to ship in the warehouse, someone looked at that large pile of paperwork(the orders) in the basket and thought, “what work can be done to this to speed the process when the merchandise does come in?” and on that day they took the pile and worked it down making a bunch of labels.

This day created another shuffle point.

The worker who created the labels did not care about submission time and worked from the top of the pile. And probably did not get through the entire pile. Again the first submissions on the bottom of the pile did not receive any attention.

Then another day merchandise came and the warehouse worker worked the pile with the fed ex labels already created first, this being the fastest way to clear the pallet of merchandise.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
A third submission! You sir are a trove of data. The cryptanalyst in me is doing a little dance.

So the mass “in route” status change probably happened to everyone who has a submission date less than some date.

The FedEx label was created for your second submission two weeks after the first one.

I’m willing to postulate on inference from the lurking I’m doing on this forum. That one day when there was no merchandise to ship in the warehouse, someone looked at that large pile of paperwork(the orders) in the basket and thought, “what work can be done to this to speed the process when the merchandise does come in?” and on that day they took the pile and worked it down making a bunch of labels.

This day created another shuffle point.

The worker who created the labels did not care about submission time and worked from the top of the pile. And probably did not get through the entire pile. Again the first submissions on the bottom of the pile did not receive any attention.

Then another day merchandise came and the warehouse worker worked the pile with the fed ex labels already created first, this being the fastest way to clear the pallet of merchandise.

So I should get the one I requested on 3/22 soon - before the one I submitted on 3/9? Both are 'in route' sometime this year....

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So I should get the one I requested on 3/22 soon - before the one I submitted on 3/9? Both are 'in route' sometime this year....

If you do then my theory will hold some water.

But if I where a betting man, expecting the one from 3/22 first is what I would do.

Please do let us know which one comes first.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
If you do then my theory will hold some water.

But if I where a betting man, expecting the one from 3/22 first is what I would do.

Please do let us know which one comes first.

There was a report elsewhere of 2 tracking numbers being received on Apr 12 and 13 this week for submissions made on March 18 and 22... evident there is no rhyme or reason for disbursement vzw 2 s2.JPG

tamima35

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered on 3/2 and submitted 3/10
My package arrived in CA this morning and should be at my house tomorrow. The package sat in label created for 4 days before it shipped out. 😉

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone that submitted on 3/8 received their watch?

A few have reported that 3/8 has their watches. That is day one for submission. I have not seen any recently that have submited on 3/8 and not received there watches.

There was a report elsewhere of 2 tracking numbers being received on Apr 12 and 13 this week for submissions made on March 18 and 22... evident there is no rhyme or reason for disbursement View attachment 224527

As far as I can tell the merchandise both gear s2 watches and gear VR headsets are shipping from two facility one in AZ and one in IN. West and East coast regions respectively.

The AZ facility seems to have more.. Merchandise, maybe being closer to the long beach docks or that prize logics primary facility is there and all merchandise arrives there first then is shipped to Indiana. Also the organization is better there too..

Two facility’s means two different means of creating shipping labels. I somehow think that the AZ facility has software that takes the information inputted by the consumer and can directly interface with the FedEx label creator software, allowing for label creation in directly after the approval by the same worker.

The second faciltity in IN does not have direct interface with the label creator and must be manually inputted by some worker.

Examination of enough labels from the IN facility might reveal differences in address when compared to the consumer input. Little things like capitalization, spacing and abbreviations(St, Dr, ect) would prove this.

Last edited:

hawk buy

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Trying not to get worked up over a watch but damn this is frustrating. Probably the last time I buy anything from Samsung.

Might even sell my edge & gear s2 (if I ever get it) and go back to my 6P & buy a moto 360.

Posted via the Android Central App

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I pre-order my phone on the 28th and got it the 9th registered for the promotion within minutes, and haven't received any emails from them, only the first one that said thanks for your submission, that's all, up till yesterday it said shipping pending, then changed to in route yesterday, but no tracking number, nothing on fedex.com I guess keep waiting

Jukins

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
That'll show Samsung. The people who are not even handling the actual merchandise for the promo. I know you didn't read all the legal mumbo jumbo but it clearly states that prize logic is responsible for the promotion. Entitlement much

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That'll show Samsung. The people who are not even handling the actual merchandise for the promo. I know you didn't read all the legal mumbo jumbo but it clearly states that prize logic is responsible for the promotion. Entitlement much

Prize logic takes no responsibility either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress