Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm apparently one of the few that just want the gear vr. I have a nice real watch I wear, or are those considered "dumb" watches now, so didn't want the watch. Anyways I submitted for the vr on 3/12 and have always had a ship date of 4/30 for reason even though I've seen people who submitted after me get theirs almost a month ago. So I've been waiting all this time and 4/30 has come and gone with no changes on the promo site or fedex manager. Hoping it just shows up one day this week unexpected. Probably going to have to call PL soon to see what is going on.

Last edited:

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
yeah i agree it should of been handled better for sure, but i highly doubt there was any paying to not let customers through i can't say definativly why but i would say given all in formation you did not qualify for the s2 because of your location code, given the fact that you ordered through xfinity and not verizon directly, fwiw.... it does suck but it does seem understandable as well

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got a reply from PL saying
"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. To check your estimated shipping date and tracking information may be found by entering your email address in our Submission Status Tool, which may be found here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Please note that tracking numbers will not be available until packages are actually shipped. If you have received a confirmation of approval email but you do not see an estimated shipping date in the Submission Status Tool, we ask that you please check back after a few days as your estimated shipping date must be calculated. We cannot make any changes to the estimated shipping date, including expediting or holding delivery for any reason.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support "

Posted via the Android Central App

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I was referring more to the timeline and people with late submissions getting their watches while many with early submissions are still waiting or getting the wrong items...

yeah i completely agree with you there, i'm thinking they are just double checking alot of those early submissions... or they are just idiots at brightpoint (the company actually shipping the things) or both, either way i am starting to think if you did actually qualify for the s2 you still atleast have a chance of getting it, just to many stories on here, but then more info you get it....

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
PL reps should have just owned up to their mistake and admit they honestly don't know rather than making false assurances. I agree if I pushed hard enough to somehow find a contact at Samsung to confirm the location code reject it would end up being legitimate (as far as they are concerned). I just think it is pretty insane that PL did not have this list in a word document and they can click Find... and location code, and yes it is there or no it isn't. How hard can that possibly be? It would have made things so much clearer for so many people who had location codes and didn't know if they would work or not. It seems like basic common sense to me. You ask for a location code, you better know what it qualifies for!

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure how much stock to put in the "samsung audit" thing especially after this started occurring the 2nd week of march when they sent out all these "we have switched you to a VR email because your location code didn't qualify only to be told it was an eror in a "samsung audit" and to disregard those emails as they were sent out in error only to see it happen again last week with mass emails of the same thing being sent........

now about the "samsung audit" I don't believe there is any such thing because over the weekend I spoke with a co-workers friend that had a new S2... knows nothing about these issues and is clueless to news on the forums.... I inquired about his new S2...... he told me he loves it and has another one coming so I was interested and turns out he bought 2 S7s online from VZW and when he recived them and went to register for the S2s it said his only option was the VR so I am assuming he tried to submit around March 15-16... when he couldnt register for the S2 he contacted VZW about issue and they told him it has nothing to do with them and they were sorry... so he said he was going to return the phones and they said "that's fine but there will be a $35 charge for each phone which ticked him off a bit but he said he sat on the phones for a week and then found out about the $30 samsung pay thing and got 2 $30 bestbuy gift cards and when he was packaging his phones to ship back to VZW on the 14th day(end of March) he saw he was allowed to submit for the S2 again and registered anyway before he returned both phones not thinking he would be eligible after he returned the phones..... he said he has already been charged the $35 restocking fee on both phones and out of the blue a package was sitting on his stairs last week...... no emails, no notices from VZW, samsung or fedex or anything and was suprised to see it was the S2... so that had him suprised and curious and contacted fedex to learn he has another package inroute.... so much for that audit... guy returned both phones and a month later he has 2 S2's minus $70 restocking fee...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I'm fairly certain that they already have theirs & are enjoying them fully while we sit and wait......and wait.....and wait.

yeah I'm sure but you would think if they were doing legitimate audits the first thing they would cross check or verify is that those submissions were still valid and phones not returned before they qualify since there is only a 14 day window to make return and verify it was a legitimate purchase...... that would seem to be a higher priority than checking to see if someone purchased online or instore......like everything else doesn't seem logical.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
yeah I'm sure but you would think if they were doing legitimate audits the first thing they would cross check or verify is that those submissions were still valid and phones not returned before they qualify since there is only a 14 day window to make return and verify it was a legitimate purchase...... that would seem to be a higher priority than checking to see if someone purchased online or instore......like everything else doesn't seem logical.

i would think if they where doing an audit they would check all the qualifiers on a given submission, not one qualifier on multiple submissions, but who knows, really just splitting hairs now

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Just off the phone with Prize Logic. My submission for the Gear S2 was "approved out" meaning being sent for shipment on 4/26. According to PL, I should be receiving an email with the tracking number any day now. I originally submitted for the gear S2 on 3/9 and the registration was accepted. Last week I received the bait and switch email, so not really sure what (if anything) will be showing up on my door. I did request once again that a supervisor call me back (cough cough). I am surprised that they didn't say no S2 for you, but "I do have a bridge for sale....."

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just off the phone with Prize Logic. My submission for the Gear S2 was "approved out" meaning being sent for shipment on 4/26. According to PL, I should be receiving an email with the tracking number any day now. I originally submitted for the gear S2 on 3/9 and the registration was accepted. Last week I received the bait and switch email, so not really sure what (if anything) will be showing up on my door. I did request once again that a supervisor call me back (cough cough). I am surprised that they didn't say no S2 for you, but "I do have a bridge for sale....."

I should be receiving an email with the tracking number any day now. "

just fyi... don't bother looking for that email.. my guestimate is 95% of the tracking emails from samsung promotions aka PL showed up after item was delivered...

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Just checked my fedex manager got 2 separate lables created from Ingram micro lp esp today and shows 5/5 delivery date each weighing 1.0 lbs. Anyone ever have a 1.0 lbs package from them and what was it? I submitted for 2 gear s2 watches got approval for both never no business email account and that they're switching my gifts. I'm hoping g it the watches.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just checked my fedex manager got 2 separate lables created from Ingram micro lp esp today and shows 5/5 delivery date each weighing 1.0 lbs. Anyone ever have a 1.0 lbs package from them and what was it? I submitted for 2 gear s2 watches got approval for both never no business email account and that they're switching my gifts. I'm hoping g it the watches.

The last 2 S2's I received were .9lbs from Brightpoint(Traffic Dept) in Plainfield, Indiana.... the last time I received something from Ingram micro it was a cooler from some beverage promo that came from TN .....

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the moto 360 2nd gen? Looking at getting that. On sale at verizon. Just looking for basic notification functions and don't want to spend a lot. Has leather strap. The smaller men's one.

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Now that I'm thinking about it the only other thing I've been waiting on is 2 samsung wireless charging pads but they're on backorder so I'll have to see. I'll keep yous updated

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
For those that for the $200 ecert from PL.... How long did it take to get the email after talking to supervisor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress