Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
So when is the last that someone had an unwanted VR show up? Seems like nothing has happened this week yet. I wonder if they just screwed up a batch and are possibly correcting whatever happened?

seems to be there are a handful of people sitting on fedex notices of "label created" in their usual holding pattern since last thurs - apr 28. Thought there would probably be some reports of movement today from Plainfield Indiana but everyone in Indiana probably took the day off for the elections

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
... unless you submitted after the supply of S2's "ran out"...

I submitted on the 10th before the site said it was sold out. purchased the my phones online through the verizonwireles website. I've been approved for both s2s but haven't received a shipping date stuck at pending. I too believe people were misinformed. now I'm stuck waiting for my watches while people who submitted way after some sell theirs.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by today was the first day people could have submitted

Oh sorry that should have read “that day” instead of today. My windows 7 machine at work thinks this website is the equivalent of some 11th dimension quantum geometry crypto key brute force attack. OR I became The Flash© in a very limited way involving typing allowing me to input 30 or so keystrokes before they are displayed.

OK “that day” being 3/8 was the first day the public got their hands on their phones allowing for them to get their own IMEI and Wi-Fi MAC addresses for a complete and valid submission to PL

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I submitted on the 10th before the site said it was sold out. purchased the my phones online through the verizonwireles website. I've been approved for both s2s but haven't received a shipping date stuck at pending. I too believe people were misinformed. now I'm stuck waiting for my watches while people who submitted way after some sell theirs.

Same situations except I submitted on 3/11, approved on 3/13, got the email like everyone else on 4/7 saying can ship in may or summer. Status still shows ship date pending. For some dumb reason called PL this morning at 8am and got right thru, lady tells me that I have 3 days until it is officially 8 weeks since I was approved, to call then and maybe they can do something then. Made no sense to me.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Just off the phone with prize logic yet again. Hopelessness must have set in because there were only 3 callers ahead of me instead of 45. I submitted on 3/9, registration approved 3/10. My "full approval" was processed on 4/26. According to PL, the 4-6 week period begins on 4/26. Interesting how the story continues to morph. I guess it depends on which answer keeps the number of phone calls down.

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Just an update on my situation:

I submitted my claim for the S2 on 3/8 and had to resubmit 3/11 because the location code wasn't on the first receipt. I got the email saying that I was not eligible for the S2. I called prize logic over 10 times to confirm this. I then got notified that a package was heading my way last Tuesday on FedEx but it was the weight of the VR and not the S2. Called Prize Logic again and was told they ran out of S2s and were sending VRs and there was nothing I could do about it. Posted on here about it and kept following this thread to find out that they didn't run out and Samsung did the audit and messed up on some people's orders and were giving out $200 e-cert's on Samsung's website for compensation. Called again on Thursday and was told a supervisor would call me in 24 hours. I got fed up with waiting and called back yesterday and after being on hold for over an hour after I was speaking to someone I finally got through to a supervisor. I was emailed the $200 E-Cert and purchased the S2 yesterday for $70 with overnight shipping and tax (Gear S2 is $249.99 currently on Samsung's website). In all honestly, this deal might have been better; if you take away the overnight shipping, I got the VR and S2 for $50. So after all of the frustration and waiting on hold and listening to the titanium for countless hours, this situation for me was finally resolved. My advice is that if you think you deserve the S2 and you got the VR, just be super persistent with it. Best times to call are on Sundays and at 8 AM when they first open up. Feel free to ask any questions or anything about this.

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Just came back from vacation to find an S2 on my desk. Never got an email that it shipped. Apparently was delivered April 26. Submitted March 9, had an issue and resubmitted March 10.

Received another confirmation email April 7 stating that I was approved, but it may go until summer.

I ordered directly through Verizon online, on a small business account. I didn't use Comcast/Xfinity because the terms made it clear that it was not applicable.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Similar story to Franklin

The ONLY way to resolve this is to get escalate this to a supervisor. These reps that answer the phone are like mindless drones. They clearly don't know the situation and they repeat the same lines over and over. Step #1 in saving yourself the time of getting stonewalled by Verizon, Samsung, and PL is to get yourself talking to a supervisor. I was on hold for nearly 2 hours last night.

The supervisor explained something about an audit from Samsung that affected a certain amount of people. I'm guessing the largest chunk came from people who submitted anywhere from 3/9 to 3/13.

I was emailed the $200 e-certificate and the Gear VR is getting shipped to me....which is kind of unfortunate since I already have another one.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: Similar story to Franklin

The ONLY way to resolve this is to get escalate this to a supervisor. These reps that answer the phone are like mindless drones. They clearly don't know the situation and they repeat the same lines over and over. Step #1 in saving yourself the time of getting stonewalled by Verizon, Samsung, and PL is to get yourself talking to a supervisor. I was on hold for nearly 2 hours last night.

The supervisor explained something about an audit from Samsung that affected a certain amount of people. I'm guessing the largest chunk came from people who submitted anywhere from 3/9 to 3/13.

I was emailed the $200 e-certificate and the Gear VR is getting shipped to me....which is kind of unfortunate since I already have another one.

I assume your location code was still ultimately (re)checked and considered valid? I was rejected in the audit but due to xfinity purchase. Were some people illegitimately rejected in the audit and these are the people getting ecerts?

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I assume your location code was still ultimately (re)checked and considered valid? I was rejected in the audit but due to xfinity purchase. Were some people illegitimately rejected in the audit and these are the people getting ecerts?

The supervisor I spoke to said he had a list of codes and said mine was on it and should have been approved. I don't know how truthful this was but that's what I was told.