Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I've been taking screen shots each time my status changes. It changed a little earlier today, but I'm not sure what it means exactly. Since 4/28 (when it changed from In Route the 2nd time), it has said CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR SUBMISSION HAS BEEN APPROVED AND WE ARE CURRENTLY PROCESSING YOUR GIFT FOR DELIVERY. SHIPPING DATE ESTIMATE: PENDING. Earlier today, it changed to the same as BOBBY93.
I don't understand what the change means.....other than they had to do something so they could tell Verizon/Samsung that they had updated our status?

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
That's my guess, Another ploy to get people (Verizon) to back off for a few days.. I'm not buying it until it actually shows up to my house. Until then I am going to continue to bug Verizon and PL.

Posted via the Android Central App

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so how did you guys get Verizon to send you the Classic watch? Because I've been told "no, that isn't allowed" multiple times today. The closest I got to succeeding was an online rep who tried to find a way to get it free, told me she couldn't find it-- but told me to call the rebate dept. Yeah, no go there too.

I wouldn't be so persistent about something like this, but the fact that people who submitted after me have had their watches for just about a month now really bothers me.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I chatted with verizon and told them I wanted to cancel my service. I told them I was tired of being lied to and taken advantage of. Long story short, over an hour later, they ask me for my address and tell me they are going to ship me my 2 watches. They said the only catch is that it's the silver version because the Grey is sold out. I asked if it was the 3g model like the promotion, and they said yes. Sadly, when I check my orders on MyVerizon, it says Bluetooth.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought about taking it to the store to exchange, but I'm sure they will make me sign a 2 year agreement. Maybe I will also get the 2 from PrizeLogic

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So....if we ever get our promo S2s, wonder if they will be the Bluetooth or 3G version? The people who submitted after us (& have received theirs) got the 3G, but I think the original T&C mentioned only the Bluetooth. That would add one large suck to the many we've already had. I'm going to hope it arrives & it's the 3G......btw, it's 7 weeks from 4/7 tomorrow!

tomstep2

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
watch being deliverd by UPS.jpg
My watch being delivered by UPS. I am out of town until Friday for work but my wife signed for it and opened to verify. This is the S2 Classic that Verizon sent to me. They originally told me just the regular S2 but I offered to pay the $50 difference for the S2 Classic.

When I called the other night, I was very polite, asked the rep (Robert was his name) if he could possibly help me. I went over all dates and communications with PrizeLogic. He did call Samsung who referred him to PrizeLogic (as I told him would happen). I explained how I called PrizeLogic and have emails from them from early April. He then was going to call PrizeLogic but noticed it was after their customer service hours were over. He then spoke to his manager whom approved my watch to be shipped. His manager also told him that PrizeLogic & Samsung "Need to get their s**t together". I expressed how great help he was (fed the ego) and then asked if I could get the classic and pay the difference. He went to his manager and that was approved.

I hope this helps those who are trying to get Verizon to help. It also helped that I called after PrizeLogic had closed. Good luck to everyone and hope you get your watches soon!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
So....if we ever get our promo S2s, wonder if they will be the Bluetooth or 3G version? The people who submitted after us (& have received theirs) got the 3G, but I think the original T&C mentioned only the Bluetooth. That would add one large suck to the many we've already had. I'm going to hope it arrives & it's the 3G......btw, it's 7 weeks from 4/7 tomorrow!

the original tos mentioned the watch was a 350 value so the 3g version.

Posted via the Android Central App

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Nothing here yet for me, filed 3/9/16 got a approval couple days later, then another approval on the 18th of April, but when I call they say the 14th lol Idk this sucks hopefully IL receive it sometime the lady said should be shipped this week since it's my 6th week waiting but I'm not holding my breath, and also have told Verizon I was canceling all my lines, and they can shove the phones up there ***

timbo6969

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I properly entered my information (IMEI and MAC) on my S7 Edge and went to the Samsung Promotions page in order to get my promotional gift of the Gear VR. However, on their "check your status" page, I still am not getting a positive confirmation.

This is the exact phrase I'm getting...not too encouraging!
"
Your submission is currently under review."​

May we start a thread so we can all see who has been successful in getting a "you're registered and a Gear VR is coming to you in 2 weeks" type of reply?

Thanks.

timbo6969

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have to tell you folks that if it was Sams, Verizon's or Pl idea to just wear me down as a customer they have certainly done the trick. Maybe they just hope we'll all go away? I paid off my s7 edge .I only choose the month to month deal for this fraudulent promo. Nite that phone is free and clear I'm jumping ship from Verizon. I don't even care now if the watch is delivered or not! I'm still switching companies. Really the only thing I found beneficial by using Verizon is the coverage area. The rest of their services I'd give about a 2 out of 10! Good luck and good night

abrush

May 11, 2016
Visit site
status of all my 5 separate submission with 3 diff email id changed as below. Hope we should be getting it soon.

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

Shipping Date Estimate: Pending

Anyone else on the same

yeah same here but mine has also changed multiple times but i'm not sure if I've seen this exact wording before but it still doesn't have a tracking number so i'm def not holding my breath. lol

abrush

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I've been taking screen shots each time my status changes. It changed a little earlier today, but I'm not sure what it means exactly. Since 4/28 (when it changed from In Route the 2nd time), it has said CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR SUBMISSION HAS BEEN APPROVED AND WE ARE CURRENTLY PROCESSING YOUR GIFT FOR DELIVERY. SHIPPING DATE ESTIMATE: PENDING. Earlier today, it changed to the same as BOBBY93.
I don't understand what the change means.....other than they had to do something so they could tell Verizon/Samsung that they had updated our status?

With my status change I just check fdm and sure enough i have a label created from Brightpoint for 0.9 lb, not that it means anything either i've read others on this thread that had a label created for a week or 2 but its new for me.

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Submitted 3/10. Approval email received 4/18.

Just found an incoming delivery on FedEx Manager from Brightpoint in Plainfield, IN. Delivery scheduled for 5/27 (although the status is only at Shipping Label Created). 0.9 lbs so it should be the S2.

Hopefully this bodes well for the other early submitters.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
/
Submitted 3/10. Approval email received 4/18.

Just found an incoming delivery on FedEx Manager from Brightpoint in Plainfield, IN. Delivery scheduled for 5/27 (although the status is only at Shipping Label Created). 0.9 lbs so it should be the S2.
Hopefully this bodes well for the other early submitters.

Which part of the country are you in? Not trying to pry, PL told someone the other day that they would begin shipping in batches by location. I'm in the Northeast & I have nothing showing in FDM. Just wondering....

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Not that this matters at this point, but.....I just noticed that my 3/25 screen shot said it was approved and being prepared for shipment. How did PrizeLogic come up with the date of 4/8 for my 'official' approval date? Oh yeah, I remember....4 levels of approval. Right.
Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 7.52.35 AM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress