Text messages turn different colors, why?

Rich Kotite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have been sending text messages and some messages turn yellow or light blue. Does anyone know what the color change indicates

Even received messages turn colors

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I have been sending text messages and some messages turn yellow or light blue. Does anyone know what the color change indicates

Yellow indicates you - Blue indicates the person texting you. You must be new to android. Haha

Rich Kotite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Yellow indicates you - Blue indicates the person texting you. You must be new to android. Haha

No not new... 3rd phone but never in the past on my At&t S models. Have someone send me a text turn colors. If you look one text is blue... mine is yellow and black... ao im sorry your answer doesn't complete wht im looking for. Because i just dont see how one text is black then next come out blue

Posted via the Android Central App

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Uhm, just a heads up. I'm not sure how much the mods are going to like having the word **** in that manner here. It's blocked in the profanity filter.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use Textra on my LG V10, but I always loved the Samsung Messages app and will return to it when I get my S7 Edge

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here I used Handcent forever and now Textra always on my HTC M9. I love it! But now I am kind of liking the stock one on this Edge. I love how I change a theme and it changes and my keyboard changes. But my main thing with Textra and Handcent was the colored envelopes at the top for people and a special notification tone for each person which I just was told I can do on the stock app here. Well my friend with a Note 5 showed me where to go to set up a special notification for people and it didn't work I only hear the standard texting one I thought under contacts. I could set up a ringtone and a notification tone so I am going to use this for a bit and see how I like it even though I did download Textra and I may use it now. But I set my friends texting tone to something and it didn't work so maybe it can't be done in the stock app. I like how you can set a favorite at the top if the stock texting app too.

Edit: Turns out it worked I went under contacts and not only can you set a ringtone you can set a notification tone for someone. I just didn't save it and now it works. But I have my own ringtones and notfications in a folder on my old sd card I am hoping they show up when I go to select under contacts. My old phone would show me different things android and zedge and something else. But i had to reset my M9 and it didn't show my own ones anymore.

I used to think so too. This being my first Verizon Android phone however, I'm REALLY enjoying the Verizon Message+ app. Which surprises me very much.

Last edited:

Rich Kotite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Same here I used Handcent forever and now Textra always on my HTC M9. I love it! But now I am kind of liking the stock one on this Edge. I love how I change a theme and it changes and my keyboard changes. But my main thing with Textra and Handcent was the colored envelopes at the top for people and a special notification tone for each person which I just was told I can do on the stock app here. Well my friend with a Note 5 showed me where to go to set up a special notification for people and it didn't work I only hear the standard texting one I thought under contacts. I could set up a ringtone and a notification tone so I am going to use this for a bit and see how I like it even though I did download Textra and I may use it now. But I set my friends texting tone to something and it didn't work so maybe it can't be done in the stock app. I like how you can set a favorite at the top if the stock texting app too.

Edit: Turns out it worked I went under contacts and not only can you set a ringtone you can set a notification tone for someone. I just didn't save it and now it works. But I have my own ringtones and notfications in a folder on my old sd card I am hoping they show up when I go to select under contacts. My old phone would show me different things android and zedge and something else. But i had to reset my M9 and it didn't show my own ones anymore.

I appreciate the comments about the different apps for texting. But the only thing I'm really asking is what do the different colors of my text message really mean for example: does yellow =read, typing, unread. Does blue mean delivered, unread/read, being read.... not sure if those reading the post understand what the reason for posting really was about. Lol lol

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I appreciate the comments about the different apps for texting. But the only thing I'm really asking is what do the different colors of my text message really mean for example: does yellow =read, typing, unread. Does blue mean delivered, unread/read, being read.... not sure if those reading the post understand what the reason for posting really was about. Lol lol

Is this in the samsung stock app?

Rich Kotite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Here is another example of how my first response was standard black...follow up text turned yellow.

And how my received message turned blue

Attachments

• 2778.jpg
    2778.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 332

Rich Kotite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
OK so I went back to default and it seems as if all my messages are standard light blue and yellow... I guess this is why everyone was telling me to use an outside app..and it was the theme switching back and forth in color. So now it does suckered to have just have the option of blue and yellow text.

I have always had a theme on my previous "S" models so I never paid attention to the text colorway. But when I had an S6 edge you could at least pick between a few the text bar schemes...I guess that feature is now gone... so mystery solved. I was beating myself up for my own theme

Onegomoo

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

I was having the same problem. I was using the sci-fi theme. Once I updated the theme I think it went away. I will update further after more testing. Just did the update right before posting this.

Onegomoo

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Ok I just verified it. I went through and looked at my old messages in both the default and scifi themes and they're all in a single color on each side now. Also sent some rapid fire messages to a friend since that was what seemed to trigger it. I'm on a Note 5 running 6.0.1 on Verizon. Go into the theme section and just hit update all in the top right corner.

Rich Kotite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
yes what I learned is if you keep old themes that you once had...it won't transfer over in the new platform correctly, so be aware of old themes you used in the past... everything might not be updated yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38