07-23-2016 01:48 PM
1,069 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    True, but so do phones and they don't always work without being connected to a 3G network or wifi.
    04-07-2016 01:46 PM
    Yes, got this following the email sayjng my submission was approved. Checked website and it tells me there is no submission under that email. Frack!

Posted via the Android Central App
    everyone is getting this right now, they are probably just doing an update
    04-07-2016 01:47 PM
    Yes, got this following the email sayjng my submission was approved. Checked website and it tells me there is no submission under that email. Frack!

This is normal when they are updating. Try again tomorrow or later today.

I agree with others that this has been a total failure for Samsung. Most of us that submitted 3/9 or 3/10 have not received a ship date but are now being told it may be May or later this summer. In the meantime those that submitted a week or more later already have their S2. Totally unfair. And as far as I am concerned I will not participate in future Samsung promotions if Prize logic is involved.

04-07-2016 01:51 PM
    They are probably sending the emails to prevent an influx of calls, but sending out those emails are probably doing exactly that.
    LanceAllan and oks10 like this.
    04-07-2016 01:51 PM
    Has anyone tried using the S2 GPS without 3G service? I'm guessing it doesn't work but if it does that would be a nice feature.
    The GPS will work without 3G to locate you, but generally speaking DATA is needed to download map information or anything else you'd be using along with GPS unless there is an app that specifically allows you to download some map info to the watch...but guessing probably not since it's a watch with limited memory.
    04-07-2016 01:56 PM
    I submitted 3-10. My shipping label was created last night & is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. FedEx still shows label created. Hoping that it will come but we'll see. I didn't receive the new email but also got error on Samsung site.
    04-07-2016 01:57 PM
    They are probably sending the emails to prevent an influx of calls, but sending out those emails are probably doing exactly that.
    So is having "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." as the go to message when you're updating your server... Perhaps a "Sorry, promotion statuses are currently unavailable. Please try again later." would be better... lol
    Miles Kennefick likes this.
    04-07-2016 01:58 PM
    I got the same email everyone else is getting. And like others, when I go to the promotion site it now says there's no record of a submission with my email address. They certainly are doing a horrible job handling this. I checked my FedEx manager and do not show anything there yet.

I don't mind waiting the originally stated 4-6 weeks, but when I pre-ordered my phone the first weekend they went on sale and received and submitted for the promo even before the official launch date, I do expect to have it by that 6th week. It's bad enough that many people who submitted after me already have their S2 and mine hasn't even been shipped. If I don't get it by that 6th week, I'll start calling Verizon like crazy and bugging them - of course they'll say it's a Samsung thing, but since Verizon sold me the phone with the promo, they'll be getting the calls. If they get enough calls, their higher ups will start contacting Samsung's higher ups to get things taken care of.
    04-07-2016 02:03 PM
    So is having "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." as the go to message when you're updating your server... Perhaps a "Sorry, promotion statuses are currently unavailable. Please try again later." would be better... lol
    Now you're just asking for too much
    04-07-2016 02:04 PM
    The GPS will work without 3G to locate you, but generally speaking DATA is needed to download map information or anything else you'd be using along with GPS unless there is an app that specifically allows you to download some map info to the watch...but guessing probably not since it's a watch with limited memory.
    Thanks, that makes sense. I agree about map data, but I was more thinking along the lines of the running app. I use my phone to track workouts but if the watch could do so without the benefit of the phone GPS this could be handy. My original plan was to sell the watch and try to upgrade to an S2 Classic, but now that people are getting the 3G version I may have to reconsider.
    04-07-2016 02:06 PM
    I got the same email and also on the website saying no submission under my email

04-07-2016 02:06 PM
    so today I decided to see what happened when placing directly with Samsung.com and to use the $100 promo code they just sent me instead of the VR offer, for my surprise once I added the item to the cart it showed me a $100 Samsung pay activation credit.
    I'm confused - is this a $100 promo you got towards to buy a VR as part of purchasing the S7 or a promo you got for using Samsung Pay. I don't recall any Samsung Pay promo with a $100 anything...

Anyway, just for fun I tried adding a few things to my cart over $100 total and when I went to checkout, nothing. I did get a $30 Best Buy gift card for activating and using Samsung Pay, but to my knowledge that was the extent of that.
    04-07-2016 02:13 PM
    Sounds like it may be a long wait for the S2 based on this email I got today.

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
    Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
    for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
    Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
    May and potentially Summer 2016.
    randall2580 likes this.
    04-07-2016 02:17 PM
    Sounds like it may be a long wait for the S2 based on this email I got today.

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
    Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
    for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
    Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
    May and potentially Summer 2016.
    Just got the same one myself
    04-07-2016 02:18 PM
    Submission Status

I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email.

I already got my watch and assumed I was getting this message because it had been fulfilled?
    04-07-2016 02:22 PM
    I'm confused - is this a $100 promo you got towards to buy a VR as part of purchasing the S7 or a promo you got for using Samsung Pay. I don't recall any Samsung Pay promo with a $100 anything...

Anyway, just for fun I tried adding a few things to my cart over $100 total and when I went to checkout, nothing. I did get a $30 Best Buy gift card for activating and using Samsung Pay, but to my knowledge that was the extent of that.
    The intentions were to use the $100 gift code I received today instead of the VR (I opted to get the $100 in Samsung.com because the long wait was too much) and even before I could enter the code it was already showing the discount, so I decided to let you guys know to see if this was just a glitch or if indeed they had some secret Samsung pay Activation discount going on.

At first I thought that it was an old promotion I applied to months ago, in fact they were two, the first one was a $200 Samsung.com discount and weeks after that a $100 Samsung.com discount, but both of them were denied and I got the email explaining that it was just 1 offer at a time per email, and even until recently there was no credit on my Samsung account as I added the Item to the cart weeks ago and there was nothing at that time, it just appeared today.
    04-07-2016 02:25 PM
    I'm hoping because I didn't get the email mine is on the way. My label was created in FedEx last night. Still showing that however.
    04-07-2016 02:26 PM

I used it for the gift card but got the notification late on the 31st then went to claim on the 1st and couldn't. Was so bummed.
    04-07-2016 02:30 PM
    How many of the delay people are the ones that got the original email about your S2 having changed to a VR? I'm wondering if we're the people getting screwed by this newest "glitch".
    04-07-2016 02:43 PM
    I got two emails but I already have one watch. Just waiting for the other

04-07-2016 02:53 PM
    This email went to both of my submissions. One I sent on the 8th and received the watch yesterday. The other I submitted on the 10th and so still pending.
    Looks like this was a broad sweep email and not telling of anything.
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-07-2016 02:55 PM
    The websites back up. Both of my approved submissions now say preparing for shipment, even the one that said it was shipped last week and listed the tracking number on that page.
    04-07-2016 03:06 PM
    Both of my original email confirmations after submission said I submitted for the Gear VR. Which I know 100% I selected the Gear S2.

Well, I've received one watch and both emails today say approved for Gear S2.
    04-07-2016 03:06 PM
    For those that the status website said you are approved with or without a ship date. This is the email we were supposed to have received weeks ago. There is no change in status only Samsung/Prize logic getting caught up on their emails.

04-07-2016 03:43 PM
    For those that the status website said you are approved with or without a ship date. This is the email we were supposed to have received weeks ago. There is no change in status only Samsung/Prize logic getting caught up on their emails.
    That makes sense because I did NOT receive any type of confirmation email when I originally submitted or even anytime after the status on the website was updated to "approved - shipment pending." Looks like the status page on the website is back up and accurate and looks like we'll all just be waiting a while longer... ***Sigh*** I better get this before my vacation the end of May - that's prime time to spend playing with it since there's not a lot going on when I visit my folks.
    04-07-2016 03:50 PM
1,069 ... 2021222324 ...