Cricket - At&t Galaxy S7 Edge

Chrisu24

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Does anybody run Cricket on an At&t Galaxy S7 Edge?
Does it have to be unlocked before it works?

I just cannot get mine to work.

Thanks

Mossl

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Correct, a locked at&t Edge will work on Cricket. There is plenty of bloatware specific to AT&T that you'll have to disable and can't delete. AT&T Remote Support CAN'T be disabled or deleted (92kb). I was able to disable these apps: AT&T Locker (576 KB), AT&T Protect Plus 172 KB, Device Help (24 KB), DirecTV ****(284 KB), myAT&T (7.27 MB).

***DirecTV app was still updating in the Play Store even though it was disabled. It would bring back the Remote in notifications. I contacted at&t and chatted with 3 reps and they didn't have a solution, but maybe they fixed it after that conversation because it's no longer being updated.

There is more bloatware in addition to those listed not specific to at&t, but I'm just happy that DirecTV is really disabled now.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Seamless to use this with cricket. I didn't even have to call voice-mail to get the visual voice-mail app. Usually it's a pain with a att phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

stryk737

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a at&t s7 edge phone on a crcicket network, and have only one problem with trying to turn on my mobile hotspot. When I try to turn it on, it says I have to first register with at&t mywireless. I can't do this because I'm on a cricket network. Does anybody know a way around this?
Thanks

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an at&t s7 edge on cricket also. Disabled all the at&t bloat ware with package disabler pro. Also not unlocked