Bodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So I have both s7 and edge in my possesion, one thing I hated last year was no good screen protection as I love glass.

Well I picked up the bodyguardz HD from AT&T and I gotta say, it's not glass but the fit and feel are amazing. Perfect clarity, zero bubbles and the feel of this material is great.

Perfect protection, I easily recommend this one.

Update, photos added.

fd29b3f3e8fd385ccf240f781d919209.jpg
d007239ab7cab97e501f7830f3b9c495.jpg
321010a3d8303b73844da5857ee6202b.jpg

Last edited:

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I should also note that since it's not soft and more of like a super this glass style of material it's curved on the edges and installs with incredible ease.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
No peeling as its just slightly recessed and very thin. I'll post a pic this evening as I am out currently and need another device to take the pic with.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Link not working but I did install it myself, screen protector went on incredibly easy due to it being pre shaped to fit the phone, the cutouts are quite exact so lining things up was a breeze.

Last edited:

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Looks perfect ! :)
Any tips of how to install it perfect like yours?

Here are some universal tips for the best installation of a screen protector:

Take a hot shower and install the screen protector on the phone in the bathroom. The moisture in the air clings to the dust and drags it out of the air. Not a technical explanation so go away.

Make sure you clean the jebus out of the screen. I use lens cleaner and then wipe it down with a newspaper at the end. I then use tape to make sure there is absolutely nothing on the screen before installation.

Never touch the sticky side of the protector. Don't do it... EVER!

I use a bit of tape to suspend the protector over the screen and line everything up. Then I align the top cutouts and slowly let bring the protector down.

I wrap my plastic squeegee with a lens cleaning cloth before pushing out all the air bubbles. This ensures no scratches and that it's slippery enough not to push the protector out of alignment.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly it was so easy to get it perfect it's almost fool proof as crazy as that sounds. This protector is some what firm, similar to an iloome glass protector the super thin ones.

That means that it's already shaped to the phone. I peel the film off from below to ensure no dust hits it and placed it right on the screen slowly matching up the bottom button since you can see how precise the cut out is, from there I lined up the front camera cutout and just dropped it down and pressed in the middle as you would with glass.

Since this is not glass nor pure pet film but some other firmer substance rubbing out excess air was rather easy.

Once all the visible bubbles were out I carefully peeled the top layer off to expose the crystal side.

All in all it was easier than glass since it just drops into the way it needs to fit.

Cost is about $25.00 at AT&T but I get discounts due to my corporate coverage from work which is about 40% off accessories :)

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I should also note that I put thing cloth that came with the protector around the card as I wiped the air bubbles out, I peeled the last layer off after all air bubbles were gone that were visible.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I've only installed tempered glass protectors in the past and have zero experience with these plastic ones.
Guess I'll shoot by an At&T store and pick one up.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Honestly it was so easy to get it perfect it's almost fool proof as crazy as that sounds. This protector is some what firm, similar to an iloome glass protector the super thin ones.

That means that it's already shaped to the phone. I peel the film off from below to ensure no dust hits it and placed it right on the screen slowly matching up the bottom button since you can see how precise the cut out is, from there I lined up the front camera cutout and just dropped it down and pressed in the middle as you would with glass.

Since this is not glass nor pure pet film but some other firmer substance rubbing out excess air was rather easy.

Once all the visible bubbles were out I carefully peeled the top layer off to expose the crystal side.

All in all it was easier than glass since it just drops into the way it needs to fit.

Cost is about $25.00 at AT&T but I get discounts due to my corporate coverage from work which is about 40% off accessories :)

Thanks for your help! Heading out to pick one up right now.

Thanks. I've only installed tempered glass protectors in the past and have zero experience with these plastic ones.
Guess I'll shoot by an At&T store and pick one up.

Take me with you foo! Carpool cause, you know, global warming and such.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's the one, blue and white box only one they cary with curved edge.

Interesting thing is the reason I always choose glass is because of the feel, this already has gorilla glass to cover breakage, this protected while not glass feels very similar to the touch, it's not filmy if that makes sense, it's very slick and glass like.