SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I love having SD cards back, but I think if you read through this thread, you can probably understand why Samsung got rid of them. The problem is that when you leave such a fundamental part of your phone to any number of manufacturers with a variety of speeds, even if it is on a "standard" format such as micro SD, you get mixed results. Just look at Bluetooth

I respectfully disagree. I have used SD or MicroSD cards on phones starting back with the S5, the Nexus, and back to PALM devices. I have never had a random dismount or recurring message with any of those other phones. It is the implementation that is causing issues for certain users(hardware and/or software), not the feature.

On my S7 Edge/Verizon with a 200GB sandisk card, I had a few random dismounts the first week but since then none. And no notifications other than at boot which is normal. Who knows why? An update? The phase of the moon?
I must admit I add files to the card via USB now vs. taking it out and using a card reader. It works so I am leaving it in there...

BJB1

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Update: *** Inserted, and formatted a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC in my Note 4. The reboots started almost immediately. During phone calls, Facebook, browsing. Doesn't have any recurring theme except having any card installed since the Android 6.0.1 update that came a week ago.

I took the SD card out two days ago and had enjoyed two entire days of zero reboots.

Marshmallow sucks. I want my Lollipop back!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Update: *** Inserted, and formatted a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC in my Note 4. The reboots started almost immediately. During phone calls, Facebook, browsing. Doesn't have any recurring theme except having any card installed since the Android 6.0.1 update that came a week ago.

I took the SD card out two days ago and had enjoyed two entire days of zero reboots.

Marshmallow sucks. I want my Lollipop back!!!

note 4?

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
a4d3c787db5568910095dd5832493035.jpg

Just received this update from T-Mobile. Hopefully this fixes the issue. I will report back

Coleboy23

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I found a fix for my phone so far. I have a T-Mobile S7 Edge and I tried some of the things in the thread with no solution. Then I decided to take the SD card out of my phone without ejecting it while my phone was on then I reinserted it. I haven't had a notification since yesterday which is when I tried it.

Edit: never mind it popped up again.

Last edited:

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I found a fix for my phone so far. I have a T-Mobile S7 Edge and I tried some of the things in the thread with no solution. Then I decided to take the SD card out of my phone without ejecting it while my phone was on then I reinserted it. I haven't had a notification since yesterday which is when I tried it.

I'll give that a try. Did you receive the update today?

Coleboy23

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have it downloaded now I need to install it also the notification just popped up lol mine didn't work.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous. I listened to music for 1 hour while coming home with no issues. Came home, set the phone down to eat a snack and there is the notifications again

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous. I listened to music for 1 hour while coming home with no issues. Came home, set the phone down to eat a snack and there is the notifications again

Have you tried doing a return? It seems like some people have had some luck on an exchange.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm willing to see the next lineup of Nexus phones. I think my next phone will be a Nexus since most of the Android features from other companies are becoming part of stock android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays