Any way to send images with out sacrificing quality?

jb_bryant

May 19, 2016
Visit site
You can also see the compression looking at what you sent within the app on your end. In addition, it seems like the compression is a lot worse when you use the quick access picture tray vs. opening up the full picker.

jb_bryant

May 19, 2016
Visit site
That's what I'm doing. I was just hoping to use Messenger because I like the interface best.

In case you still think I'm making it up, I tested by texting the same screenshot to my email address. I actually found the fast picker in messenger to compress less than the full photo picker so I had it reversed.

Textra:
3837aa1acd8bbf9292f3946fc72f8242.jpg

HTC Messenger:
c654e172188d68129afe928852185355.jpg

Google Messenger with fast photo picker:
7b9c0b50b1773a0d1a1e0e815491f87b.jpg

Google Messenger with full photo picker:
577e783afb860e451cc127b81ae23807.jpg

oneflatwhite

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
For me I use BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) as you can request HD picture which actually the full size picture itself. It can be turn on by default. The interface also nice and its quite secure as you have to know the PIN (ID) of your friends and get accepted before you could even send anything.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
1cd459ac599e3a66bf6d8b8d43eaae49.jpg

Hopefully Tapatalk doesn't compress this.

It's a screenshot of a screenshot that I sent from my Nexus 6p on the N Beta from Google Messenger to my Galaxy S7e.

Looks great to me. Nice and sharp. All text and icons are completely legible.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that I'm looking at it on a PC I can see that there is a little bit of compression, but nothing like what I saw posted earlier in this thread.

It's possible that Google Messenger just behaves better on Nexus or that this is a Samsung issue with the way Touchwiz handles things. Hard to say, but we've now seen that Google Messenger behaves correctly on a Nexus device. That leads me to believe that it's a device issue and not the app since the app behaves as expected on "the reference device".

I do wish that the Samsung sms/mms app was on the Play Store so that it could be used on the Nexus to do the same test.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

So I have been using Google messenger on my edge and sent an imagine to my wife who is on an iPhone and when I saw what was delivered it was terrible in terms of quality, as if it was compressed to 20% of its original quality.

I switched to the default messenger that Samsung provides and while it's better it still seems off, any ideas? Maybe Textra?

Thanks!
I've noticed this too recently my husband and I both have s7's, we came from iPhones so we had iMessage. Lately the pictures he has been sending me looked slightly fuzzy. When I got home I grabbed his phone and looked at the original picture he took and it's clean clear and crisp. I never realized images were compressed this much on Android.

Someone said if you send the photo via Google photos it doesn't compress. I am going to try that next since we both have all our photos backed up to google

jb_bryant

May 19, 2016
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/1cd459ac599e3a66bf6d8b8d43eaae49.jpg

Hopefully Tapatalk doesn't compress this.

It's a screenshot of a screenshot that I sent from my Nexus 6p on the N Beta from Google Messenger to my Galaxy S7e.

Looks great to me. Nice and sharp. All text and icons are completely legible.
Hmm yeah mine looked way worse. It seems very inconsistent to me. Sometimes the quick tray was high quality than the full photo picker and sometimes vice versa. By the way I know this is a Samsung thread but I am on an HTC 10 actually. I just found this thread searching.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
You guys who are talking about compression because it's MMS don't know what your talking about. The Google Messenger app compresses if you use the quick select drawer fort pictures. If you go into these actual picture drawer you'll see that pictures send in normal quality like most other messaging apps (like Textra).

I found this post looking to see if anyone knew if there was a way to fix this in the filesystem.

Fort pictures? Like pictures of small castles?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
For me I use BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) as you can request HD picture which actually the full size picture itself. It can be turn on by default. The interface also nice and its quite secure as you have to know the PIN (ID) of your friends and get accepted before you could even send anything.
That's what I was doing, but they changed it and now it doesn't send full picture any more.

Zonggggggg

Jul 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

So I have been using Google messenger on my edge and sent an imagine to my wife who is on an iPhone and when I saw what was delivered it was terrible in terms of quality, as if it was compressed to 20% of its original quality.

I switched to the default messenger that Samsung provides and while it's better it still seems off, any ideas? Maybe Textra?

Thanks!

Simply use Bluetooth sending method. If you're using a laptop, find Bluetooth icon on the taskbar (it's usually on the right side). Right click and click "Receive File" > Go to that picture on your phone and choose Share and choose Bluetooth method and send it to your laptop. You should get full-quality image there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699