samsung fast wireless charger definitely isnt fast

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think he's talking about the new upright charging stand (the part number of the new one has a "30" in it, instead of the older "20"). Isn't the VZW bundle the older, flat one?

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it. Its backordered though, yet the charger stand by itself appears to be available immediately. Must be a prepackaged kit, by itself.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the power to go bundle from Verizon. I got the fast charger stand, car fast charger, and a fast charging battery pack for $99. It was shipped on March 11th

Posted via the Android Central App

Got mine from Verizon. They were running a great special with the charger, quick charge battery pack and fast car charger for $99. EDIT - Whoops, Frank beat me to it. :)

That's a nice deal, wish AT&T offered that bundle!!!

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
so basically what we figured out is the fast charging stand is the same speed as the wall plugged in, but the flat one is an hour+ slower

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I just got lucky or if something is up on your end but I got the Samsung stand charger and my edge goes from 20 percent to full in just over an hour and the fan is unnoticeable

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge

This.
I got mine yesterday (5 days after ordering) and I can't hear the fan - it charges at a reasonable rate, works much better if I take it out of my Otterbox, but I'm not going naked with a glass phone, so there's that. I got this mostly to "save" the connector.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if I just got lucky or if something is up on your end but I got the Samsung stand charger and my edge goes from 20 percent to full in just over an hour and the fan is unnoticeable

Did you order the regular one and get the standing/upright one, or did you order the upright one? I ordered the BOGO through Samsung and used my $30 Samsung credit making it $30 for two. Its on backorder with no indication of any kind on when it might be out of backorder.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the new stand charger is supposed to be as fast as the fast wired charging, but every other one is slow as molasses. Did you get one directly from Samsung? It seems to be the only place that offers it so far.
Edited to add: I just found it on Amazon and ordered it. I'll have it on Wednesday.

Last edited:

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Finally got mine :D.

Thanks for posting. Please let us know how long it takes to charge your phone without a case on when you have a chance. When I had one of these for my S6 Edge+, it was super-quick - almost as quick as the regular, non-wireless charger. So I was disappointed to hear some folks were finding slower times with the S7/Edge. I sold that to a colleague at work after selling the Edge+ itself, and thought my colleague would have it here for me to test.

For my order, which was back-ordered, I called Samsung today, and they said they are getting replenished stock today, and mine should be coming out of that batch - so expecting to receive it Friday or so.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting. Please let us know how long it takes to charge your phone without a case on when you have a chance. When I had one of these for my S6 Edge+, it was super-quick - almost as quick as the regular, non-wireless charger. So I was disappointed to hear some folks were finding slower times with the S7/Edge. I sold that to a colleague at work after selling the Edge+ itself, and thought my colleague would have it here for me to test.

For my order, which was back-ordered, I called Samsung today, and they said they are getting replenished stock today, and mine should be coming out of that batch - so expecting to receive it Friday or so.

To test it out to make sure it worked I tried it here at work for a little while.

From 70% the phone suggested 54 mins on fast wireless charging .. I then plugged in it to the cord and it suggests about 39 mins to fast charge to full. Doesn't seem that bad at all to me :).

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
To test it out to make sure it worked I tried it here at work for a little while.

From 70% the phone suggested 54 mins on fast wireless charging .. I then plugged in it to the cord and it suggests about 39 mins to fast charge to full. Doesn't seem that bad at all to me :).

If only you had a regular Samsung wireless charger to see how much faster the fast wireless charger compared to the regular wireless charger.

I tried, but sadly could not say "fast wireless charger" and "wireless charger" more than that to make it confusing. :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If only you had a regular Samsung wireless charger to see how much faster the fast wireless charger compared to the regular wireless charger.

I tried, but sadly could not say "fast wireless charger" and "wireless charger" more than that to make it confusing. :(

Yeah sadly I sold my previous one I had with my S6 so only have this one :p.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Finally got mine :D.

Do those models charge faster than 1% a minute? I bought a couple of the Samsung mats that don't say Fast Charge, but with the $30 Best Buy credit for using Samsung pay, they each cost just $13 including tax after handing over the $30 gift card code. For the price, I'm OK with 1%/min with the S7 in a Speck Candyshell Grip case, unless I find out that the Fast Charge version is way, way faster, of course. LOL!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Did you order the regular one and get the standing/upright one, or did you order the upright one? I ordered the BOGO through Samsung and used my $30 Samsung credit making it $30 for two. Its on backorder with no indication of any kind on when it might be out of backorder.

I ordered mine through Verizon, I got the wireless charging bundle, stand up Samsung charger, Samsung power bank, and Verizon fast car charger with a cool light on it for $100... They are in stock

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure people's mileage will vary, but I know the Samsung stand up fast charge stand is as fast or fast as the corded fast charger (Whew, that's a lot of "fast" in one sentence). It even works through my thin Incipio case. I know the cheaper wireless chargers out there from Amazon are all regular chargers or at least most of them. I was lucky enough to get the Verizon charger pack that included the Samsung fast charger, battery pack, and fast car charger that they had as a promotion, which is a rarity that is actually a good deal from Verizon.

Also, I didn't know the Samsung fast charger had a fan on it. Does it turn on, only when its charging? I guess I could find out if I turn everything in my office off. Anyway, it is money well spent if you hate cords like me.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This.
I got mine yesterday (5 days after ordering) and I can't hear the fan - it charges at a reasonable rate, works much better if I take it out of my Otterbox, but I'm not going naked with a glass phone, so there's that. I got this mostly to "save" the connector.

Did you order direct from Samsung?? I ordered the Fast Charge Stand from them on the 13th and still haven't received it yet..