GS7E - Screen won't stay on immediate lock mode. Any suggestions?

A

AC Question

GS7E - Screen won't stay on immediate lock mode

Just got a GS7E for AT&T about 10 days ago. I've configured fingerprint security and have the screen lock timeout set to immediate under the settings. When I do this, the setting works for a while, but after a while it stops locking when I press the power button and you can unlock the screen just by swiping. I've manually changed the setting back to immediate lock 3 times, but it simply won't stick.

This is a major security issue for me, so I need to find a solution but I couldn't seem to find anyone else having a similar problem.

Any suggestions?

Amylynn777

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: GS7E - Screen won't stay on immediate lock mode

Just got a GS7E for AT&T about 10 days ago. I've configured fingerprint security and have the screen lock timeout set to immediate under the settings. When I do this, the setting works for a while, but after a while it stops locking when I press the power button and you can unlock the screen just by swiping. I've manually changed the setting back to immediate lock 3 times, but it simply won't stick.

This is a major security issue for me, so I need to find a solution but I couldn't seem to find anyone else having a similar problem.

Any suggestions?

Jack Z1

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Check all your other settings. Things like..

Settings/Display/"Smart Stay"

Or, maybe the "Recognized devices/locations" for keeping your phone unlocked? Maybe it's staying unlocked because you've go certain locations/Wifi networks/bluetooth devices programmed as safe zones? (Secure Lock Settings/"Smart Lock")

Lkh1990

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

Any suggestions?

Lkh1990

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
You may have figured it out by now, but just in case someone else is having a similar issue: my phone was doing the same thing. My "smart lock" was activated, i had added my home address as a "safe spot" so my phone would recognize this and not require a lock. I went to settings>search>smart lock and removed the address. Its worked fine since then.

P1Z1K

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the Silver Titanium Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it won't lock because of an Accesibility Service that is turned on. What do I do to turn "Accessibility Service" off?

P1Z1K

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

Here's proof of what I am talking about....

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1371.jpg
    1371.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez