Restarting on its own?

mikecomp93

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone's been restarting on their own at all?

Mine did twice today. I'm wondering if it's because I was doing too much or had too much open?

Posted via the Android Central App

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hasn't happened once in the 2 weeks I've had mine.. App related maybe?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
First bit of advice — if your phone restarts itself often enough that it does it while you're looking at the screen, go talk to the people you bought it from. That's not normal or acceptable. But it can happen with any mass-produced electronic gizmo.

If you can reliably reproduce it, and want to do a little investigating on your own, you can install the Android SDK tools and use the debugger to see kernel/system messages on a computer as they happen. This isn't hard to do, but the process isn't geared towards the average consumer. At all.

mikecomp93

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
First bit of advice — if your phone restarts itself often enough that it does it while you're looking at the screen, go talk to the people you bought it from. That's not normal or acceptable. But it can happen with any mass-produced electronic gizmo.

If you can reliably reproduce it, and want to do a little investigating on your own, you can install the Android SDK tools and use the debugger to see kernel/system messages on a computer as they happen. This isn't hard to do, but the process isn't geared towards the average consumer. At all.

I got it from best buy so I'll be going back there if it restarts again.

I don't think I'm cut out for the whole debugging thing lol. I'll probably make it worse.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I got it from best buy so I'll be going back there if it restarts again.

I don't think I'm cut out for the whole debugging thing lol. I'll probably make it worse.

Good call. Samsung and Best Buy want you to love your new phone, so you come back next year and buy another one :)