Good Lock App By Samsung

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that come from a Nexus or another Vanilla Android device I think you'll love this app that it seems that it was released yesterday by Samsung.

If you are one of those that hate Touch Wiz, this one will get you a little closer to a Stock Android look, so if you combine this with a Stock looking Theme you'll feel that you are using a Nexus or similar device.

Plus it has a whole new and interesting idea about the Notifications in general adding widgets to the Lock Screen and even saving Notifications for later usage.

I just installed it so i still have no real opinion about it, other than it looks very strange, but it seems to have great potential. Anyways, you can go to this link from your device to install it and try it, post your opinions here. For those of you that want to know more about it, take a look here.

You will be taken to Galaxy Apps.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm actually kind of digging it. the notification shade is smaller now thanks to the ASOP style buttons (and the stupid brightness bar is finally gone)

still not sure which multitasking version i like better, but aside from that i am liking the new UI.

Redraider001

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
This "Good lock" seems to have fixed the double tap to lock screen using Nova issue.
Earlier, if the screen was locked using the "double tap" gesture of Nova launcher, fingerprint unlock would not work. You had to input the pin or the pattern. Now, with good lock, fingerprint unlock works flawlessly and also appears to be faster. Almost same speed as iPhone6s.
Also, there is not need to have location on. Just cancel the pop up and it stops asking after a couple of times.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
This "Good lock" seems to have fixed the double tap to lock screen using Nova issue.
Earlier, if the screen was locked using the "double tap" gesture of Nova launcher, fingerprint unlock would not work. You had to input the pin or the pattern. Now, with good lock, fingerprint unlock works flawlessly and also appears to be faster. Almost same speed as iPhone6s.
Also, there is not need to have location on. Just cancel the pop up and it stops asking after a couple of times.

good to know!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I can confirm that somehow the fingerprint is faster than before, even from Sleep with an SD card installed, what it has been confirmed that some SD cards are causing a lag while unlocking the phone, my Samsung PRO 64GB was one of those, now it's working great.

After I customized it and changed colors and just recently created notification groups I also installed it on my S7 edge, I was first testing it on the S7. So far it seems that it will be a permanent change for me.

uncannyzebra

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow thanks for mentioning. I really like it after changing the color and customizing a little bit. How do you configure what quick toggles show. The option is there in the routine but doesn't seem to let me change it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I'm missing right now that I can't find it anywhere is Quick Connect feature that I use once in a while to connect to my Samsung Smart TV, it's very convenient and easy to share my screen, see and hear my phone media and even watch what I have on the TV on the phone.

So far it seems that it's linked to the default notification shade only as I can't find it anywhere else on the phone. It will be a shame to sacrifice one or the other.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow thanks for mentioning. I really like it after changing the color and customizing a little bit. How do you configure what quick toggles show. The option is there in the routine but doesn't seem to let me change it.

Well, it seems that this original release is using just what Vanilla Android allows to use, but seeing that the option is there, I'm hopeful they will allow for customization in that area in a future update.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

I use the double tap to lock with Nova and the fingerprint unlock works just fine. I have no issues.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the S6 and had no problem installing it. However, I'm unable to customize the lock screen from the standpoint of using a picture from my Gallery like I can with the "standard" lock screen. Can the lock screen be customized in this sense?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo