S7 edge I am having problems with sd card notification what can I do?

A

AC Question

When I turn my S7 edge on the Sd card "for transferring photos and media"notification comes up. What can I do to eliminate this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this only happen when you first power the phone on from a powered off state? If so, that's normal. It's simply notifying you that an SD card is inserted and ready for use. You should be able to swipe that notification away.

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems many many people are having the same problem with the SD card notification re-appearing multiple times (after swiping away the first one on boot). I'm starting to think it's a sleep issue. I think when the phone sleeps or suspends a process due to inactivity it might be happening. I've done some extended file transfers over USB to the SD card and haven't seen the notification during the transfers. So I don't think it's a hardware problem.

Ying Hang

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Don't know if the issue has been solved, yet. I have the same or similar issue with my S7. I'd tried many ways and couldn't get rid of it. My was appeared on home screen. I tapped on it, held, and moved/dragged down. There were three buttons appeared, one of which was REMOVE. I clicked on it, and the notification disappeared. Hope this help. It may come back if you restart the phone!