some notifications only when I wake the phone

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that I wake up my phone and often get Gmail and what's app notifications that implies they haven't come through when the phone was asleep. Any idea how to change this? I've switched off battery optimisation for these apps yet it still seems to be happening. I don't mind some things going to sleep to save battery but I still want to get notifications!

Posted via the Android Central App

dustytobes

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
If you are in power save mode it turns off background data syncing or at least restricts it to check less frequently. My notifications come though fine when it's not on then delayed when it is on

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Did you turn off battery optimization in both places? I was having a problem not getting e-mail notifications until I opened the e-mail apps they were in each day even though I thought I had taken the apps off optimization. It wasn't until another thread on here that I realized there are TWO places to turn off optimization for apps and I had only turned it off in one place.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you turn off battery optimization in both places? I was having a problem not getting e-mail notifications until I opened the e-mail apps they were in each day even though I thought I had taken the apps off optimization. It wasn't until another thread on here that I realized there are TWO places to turn off optimization for apps and I had only turned it off in one place.

Where is the other place?!

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
The other place is "App power saving" off the "Battery" page in "Settings". Scroll down to it and tap "Detail" to select/deselect the apps.