Activating a full price S7E on Verizon.

gmohr54

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I have read and read and gotten more confused than ever. I recently purchased 2 Samsung S7E's from
BestBuy.com at full retail minus my rewards zone coupons. Ended up at $400 a piece. Now the question
I have is can I activate this phone online with the sim card that came with the phone? My Galaxy S5 has a
3FF sim card that has been cut once before. I am not on contract and have UDP and I really want to keep it
as it is our only internet option where we live.

As I said, the more reading I do the more confused I get.

gmohr54

May 25, 2016
Visit site
re:

Okay... get another sim card. Can one of you explain WHY the sim card that came in my
full retail price phones should not work and still allow me to keep my UDP? Just trying to
avoid going into town and to the Verizon store for the sim cards.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Okay... get another sim card. Can one of you explain WHY the sim card that came in my
full retail price phones should not work and still allow me to keep my UDP? Just trying to
avoid going into town and to the Verizon store for the sim cards.

It should work in theory. I know with other carriers (like mine // T-Mobile) I can log in online and choose "Change SIM" on the website. From there it will ask me for the SIM number, I enter it, and it works. Is there an option like that on the Verizon account website?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

It should work in theory. I know with other carriers (like mine // T-Mobile) I can log in online and choose "Change SIM" on the website. From there it will ask me for the SIM number, I enter it, and it works. Is there an option like that on the Verizon account website?

You would need to go to switch to another device, enter the imei and sim id, that should activate the new sim.

gmohr54

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I was finally able to get this done online. Verizon was having an issue with their sim card db. Phone
is activated and shows up on myverizonwireless and is still showing as available for upgrade since I am month to month
and bought it out right. Followed the procedure Dpham posted above. Still showing UDP. One happy
camper.:D:D

Thank you for all the help

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You can even get a sim activated via chat as well. Had to do that with both of mine when we first got them.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Wait, where do you even put a SIM card in this phone? You can't open it. And I didn't get a SIM card with mine. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever used a SIM card with Verizon.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The phone has a SIM card tray, which is shown in great detail in the manual. Or, you could just look at the top of the phone and see it.

All Verizon phones have SIM cards.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
The phone has a SIM card tray, which is shown in great detail in the manual. Or, you could just look at the top of the phone and see it.

All Verizon phones have SIM cards.

No need for snark. I am well aware of the tray at the top of the phone. I've never opened it though. And with most phones if it needs a SIM card, it comes on a card with the phone and you have to install it yourself.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
No need for snark. I am well aware of the tray at the top of the phone. I've never opened it though. And with most phones if it needs a SIM card, it comes on a card with the phone and you have to install it yourself.

Since I would say roughly about the s5 launch they have been coming pre installed. When I opened mine out of the box it was pre installed. There's a lil tool included to open the tray.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re:

You can always call them and do it over the phone. Done it plenty of times!

Posted via the Android Central App
Yes you can, however I prefer to avoid talking to csr because they might mess something up, especially those of us who have unlimited data and used loopholes

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Since I would say roughly about the s5 launch they have been coming pre installed. When I opened mine out of the box it was pre installed. There's a lil tool included to open the tray.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Since this is my first Samsung and Android phone, I wouldn't know that. Before this phone, I had always used Windows phones.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm late to this thread, but I have an UDP, bought full price from bestbuy.com, exactly the same as you. I just followed the instructions included in the box for activating on verizon with the pre-installed sim card by calling a number from another phone, no CSR, no hassle, still have UDP.

So to answer your original question based on my experience, YES you can activate with the sim card that came with the phone and keep UDP.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Since this is my first Samsung and Android phone, I wouldn't know that. Before this phone, I had always used Windows phones.

I was merely saying that it comes pre-installed. Not expecting you to know since you're asking the question.

(S7 Edge Titanium)