How do S7 Edge owners feel about the Note 7 announcement?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
how will Samsung make the S8 Edge unique enough to buy it instead of waiting for the Note 8?

For me, the S7e is already a little too large so I would not be interested in anything larger. I have no need for S-pen or an iris scanner so the Note 8 would not be something I would upgrade to.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do you all feel now?

Just picked up my unlocked version today from best buy. Had used the t-mobile version at launch but hate carrier devices and had returned. Now that unlocked model is available happy to be back on the edge :)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/fb2d16a2220b82cddf8ae2bb58123e7f.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/7c84798b8c49ed65f0e9c2f4fbf47912.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/5d89e161733dc6a8495e03fed8cfcd0b.jpg

Is your Titanium Silver? It doesn't look like they are making a Black Onyx unlocked.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Do you think it's worth it to get the unlocked if I already have a T-Mobile version?

That's individual preference, for me yes. There isn't much difference other than no carrier bloat. If that doesn't bother you stay with T-Mobile version. Also unlocked version theoretically should get Android N or OS updates faster than carrier version. But depends on Samsung and we don't know if that will be the case.

vivavideri

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site

Originally wanted to purchase the Galaxy S7 edge when my LG G4 started crapping the bricks in a similar manner to my first G4, which died to the bootloop issue earlier.

However, when I heard of a Note 7 (thought to be the Note 6 at the time), I decided to wait for it and switched back to my HTC One M7 during the wait. Sure, I could buy an S7e right now and live happy as the Note will likely have minor changes compared to the S7e that don't really impact the experience, but I'm planning to use this one for 3 years or more, so I want the very best I can get this year. Also, that S Pen.
My g2 was a hot mess. I miss the keyboard though compared to the s7edge.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I am still happy with my 7 edge and will be sticking with it for a while. My little sister wants the note 7 though so I'll be getting it for her

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Now that AT&T has introduced the S7 active I would be proud to own an S7... the new Samsung phones are so easy to break I wouldn't feel comfortable spending that much money for the S7 but now that they have the active I would be willing to pay top dollar if I had it

nyc

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I'll be passing on the note. The S7E is the best phone i have ever used. The size is perfect, battery is great and performance is stellar. I never used the S pen when i had previous notes anyway.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I came from a iPhone 6s Plus to a S7 Edge. I'm very happy with the device and have no regrets selling my Note 5 to a Co worker. Once the novelty wore off, I never used the S-pen. The way I see it.....is I traded the S-pen for better battery life? I'm happy.

I sometimes take my sim out of my S7 to go back into the iPhone, but I can't bring myself to switch back lol.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably get the Note once it launches.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from the iPhone 6s to the s7 edge, I'm very happy with it. The Note will be larger and be too big for me. The 5.5" on the edge is a compact 5.5" that doesn't feel like it's as big as it is. I love it!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

That's individual preference, for me yes. There isn't much difference other than no carrier bloat. If that doesn't bother you stay with T-Mobile version. Also unlocked version theoretically should get Android N or OS updates faster than carrier version. But depends on Samsung and we don't know if that will be the case.

I ended up picking up an unlocked S7 edge from Best Buy last night. Maybe it's just me, but this phone feels snappier than the T-Mobile version.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To be honest.. I miss the S-Pen from when I had the notes. I am really debating on getting a Note in exchange for my S7 Edge.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Did I miss an official Samsung announcement? :)

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't feel like I'm missing anybody.

When I had my Note 4 I honestly looked for reasons to use the s-pen after the novelty of that type of hardware wore off.

Only thing that seems to be different with the upcoming Note is a slightly bigger screen, the s-pen, iris scanner, and a little bit more ram. It will probably run just like the S7 in reality with another party trick or two.

I'll hold on to my S7 Edge at least a year maybe two.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the edge has the perfect size. The note will be bigger no doubt.

I agree. I just wish the s7 were the same size. I'm too clumsy of the curved edges. Hit them by accident all the time. I kind of wish the Note had a flat version the size of the s7e.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No. I never regret my purchases because like my previous phones I have no problems selling and upgrading.

It doesn't matter if I love it which I do but after 36 days I'm ready to upgrade already. LOL

The DUAL SIM card for my attention. So I'm selling my S7 edge and getting the OnePlus 3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty