Switch to iPhone 7?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope, not at all. Ah, and one man's "dull and boring" is another man's "stability and performance." ;) (I'll be playing with the Moto Z Droid Force next, so as always, my opinions are subject to change. :D)
I hear ya, although I find the stability and performance of the edge to be great, I had a 6s Plus so battery life was amazing on that if not a little better than the edge. I tried the s7 but battery wasn't good enough for me. I don't want to have to charge a phone during my day, should last all day.

I am hearing good things of the moto Z, although I am not a Motorola fan but to each is own!

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines. One has an iPhone 6 plus and the other an s7 edge. I get bored easily and go back and forth. My work phone is a Windows phone and that's the only one I really dislike honestly. Neither the iPhone or Android phones have everything I want. A mix of both keeps me going though.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Because other browsers like the built in one by Samsung and Safari limit scrolling speed. Chrome allows you to scroll faster than it can load, hence the stuttering.

You should see how Chrome´s unlimited scrolling works on iOS. Incredibly smooth. So maybe some optimisation on the Android side is necessary.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If any of you are curious about iOS 10 vs. Android N, check out this video on YouTube. I think this confirms that so much of what Apple is doing is still catch up, and a lot of what Android N brings to the table is already on the Samsung S7 Edge.

https://youtu.be/gBqb_Xpl5Lc

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Always have the latest iPhone and circulate between new Galaxy, Nexus etc on the Android side. At any point I have the latest iPhone and another Android flagship. Frequently switch between them and love both platforms, I'm not the type saying oh iOS is catching up, Android is catching up etc. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Probably will go for next plus version. Voice commands on iOS are far better supported on my native language than it is on Android. And certain very useful features are the reasons to go back. Tho the journey to Android world once more has been fun:)

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If any of you are curious about iOS 10 vs. Android N, check out this video on YouTube. I think this confirms that so much of what Apple is doing is still catch up, and a lot of what Android N brings to the table is already on the Samsung S7 Edge.

https://youtu.be/gBqb_Xpl5Lc

Most of the stuff that appears to be "new" in iOS10 was already in iOS9 such as widgets and interactions with notifications etc, albeit with a different presentation. iOS 10 has focused on aesthetic change more than people realise.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I put my sim in my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday. I installed the public beta of iOS 10. So far it is really nice. Too bad the iPhone display doesn't come close to a S7e. Depending on what the final specs will be on the iPhone 7, I am thinking I will probably get it. I will keep the S7e to go back to when I need a change.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I just don't like how apple doesn't let you customize your phone and are forced to keep all your apps on the home screen which I hate about Apple. Like I said, I love apple for laptops and tablets, just not the phone. They just seemed to have given up on creating something innovative and worthy of me purchasing the phone. I had an iPhone once and it just wasn't what I expected it to be. I personally think iPhones are overrated and too pricey for what they offer. Not to mention how delicate the material is aluminum scratches and dents so easily.

JayK9684

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The fact they make users buy an extra piece of technology a 3.5mm dongle is absurd! It's just another way to make money off people and make them carry around more stuff. Apple is at least 2+ years behind Android in innovation and battery life is very poor. I had an iPod Touch 4G and the battery life was all over the place! Despite switching to Macbook OSX in 2012 from Windows PC I will never switch to an iPhone. I finally sold my iPod last April and fully switched to Android for my music capabilities and it's easier to carry just one device vs two! Android still needs to integrate better with car stereos via USB and syncing playlists easier by default. I do miss the search function I had with the iPod and car stereo.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I would not go the iPhone route. I respect it, but I respect it from a distance. :p

However, I'm sure the iPhone 7 will be great, and you should do what you feel is best! If you want to jump ship, go for it! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38