Does your S7 Edge Home button click everywhere?

Does your S7 edge Home button click everywhere?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Does your S7 edge home button click everywhere or does it only click in the center and not one or both the sides?
The left side of the S7 edge home button to be not clicking seems to be a quality issue so want to know if there are many devices that have been affected so

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your S7 edge home button click everywhere or does it only click in the center and not one or both the sides?
The left side of the S7 edge home button to be not clicking seems to be a quality issue so want to know if there are many devices that have been affected so

it's not a quality issue.. it's an OCD issue. Plenty of help available

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make a clicking noise on the sides but it works regardless of where I push it. Why does it need to make a clicking noise? It works. It's not defective.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't make a clicking noise on the sides but it works regardless of where I push it. Why does it need to make a clicking noise? It works. It's not defective.

By click I meant if you press it on the left or right side, does the click get registered and does it work?
As you can see in the video above if you click specifically on the left side, it won't register and won't work.

But as you mentioned that in your case it registers wherever you click it so perhaps your phone is normal while mine is defective!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
By click I meant if you press it on the left or right side, does the click get registered and does it work?
As you can see in the video above if you click specifically on the left side, it won't register and won't work.

But as you mentioned that in your case it registers wherever you click it so perhaps your phone is normal while mine is defective!
Oh okay. My mistake. I misunderstood you. Yes. Mine does register even though it doesn't click. I apologize for not understanding your issue.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh okay. My mistake. I misunderstood you. Yes. Mine does register even though it doesn't click. I apologize for not understanding your issue.

Thanks for the reply,
It registers on both the sides even the left side even when you press it gently or you have to press it hard?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
It registers on both the sides even the left side even when you press it gently or you have to press it hard?
I barely have to push on either side for it to work. If I push in the middle I get the clicking sound. On both sides it's just super smooth and works fine without a click.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I barely have to push on either side for it to work. If I push in the middle I get the clicking sound. On both sides it's just super smooth and works fine without a click.
Well then yours is perfect!
I guess I will have to get my screen replaced for it to be fixed, just scared about losing the water resistance

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Lol if you think this is OCD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9vZ0aQnLdw
You have got it all wrong!

How hard is it to click in the middle? In fact, the average human thumb is wider than the home button and therefore covers the whole button. You'd have to be effeminate to tickle the left or right hand side only. Click it like a man and realise there's real things in this world to worry about.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
How hard is it to click in the middle? In fact, the average human thumb is wider than the home button and therefore covers the whole button. You'd have to be effeminate to tickle the left or right hand side only. Click it like a man and realise there's real things in this world to worry about.

That is not the point!
The point is for such an expensive device, the home button must function properly!
For example if the keys on your keyboard would only click in the center and again your fingers are bigger than the keys,
would you accept it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine clicks in the center which is normal.

it still functions even from a side press though. Are you looking for the big click sound or function?

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine clicks in the center which is normal.

it still functions even from a side press though. Are you looking for the big click sound or function?
I am looking for the function and not the sound.

Does it function if you click it gently from the left side or right side?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for the function and not the sound.

Does it function if you click it gently from the left side or right side?

I have off-clicked it before and it works. Are you trying to like .. literally push just softly on the left side to get it to work? As in real-world use? Or just testing?

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have off-clicked it before and it works. Are you trying to like .. literally push just softly on the left side to get it to work? As in real-world use? Or just testing?

Real world pressing it normally like I press the right side, the right side functions but the left won't unless I apply more pressure.
Also vaguely when my screen has a white background I can see the light being emitted from the top of the home button!