GS7E, is it still worth buying?

Alchemist3811

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using nexus 6 and it's aging a bit and I've got an itch to but a new phone. The note 7 is pricy and don't know if I'll trust it not to burn down my apartment.

Looking at reviews it seems the S7E has got it all (almost). What do guys think? Should I go for it (priced at £600 here in UK sim free) or wait till next year of GS8.

What r the main draw backs of this device in your opinion?

All your advises are appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's the Note 7 sans the S-Pen, so yeah, it's definitely still a worthy buy! (OK, a tad smaller screen, too. And 32GB instead of 64GB). I come from an S7E, and the only reason I upgraded is because I missed the S-Pen (and because T-Mobile will let me upgrade 3 times a year :p). So, if you don't see yourself using the S-Pen much, go for the S7 Edge. You won't regret it.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's the Note 7 sans the S-Pen, so yeah, it's definitely still a worthy buy! (OK, a tad smaller screen, too. And 32GB instead of 64GB). I come from an S7E, and the only reason I upgraded is because I missed the S-Pen (and because T-Mobile will let me upgrade 3 times a year :p). So, if you don't see yourself using the S-Pen much, go for the S7 Edge. You won't regret it.

Yes it is. I think it's still the best phone available. I got it at initial release. Switch carriers a couple weeks ago. Got the note 7 and came back to this after the recall fiasco. But sticking with it because after having both, I like the edge better.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
If you look at the spec sheet, I honestly don't know what Samsung (or any other mfg) can do to beat this phone in next year's iteration (S8 or S8E).

- Waterproof (to a degree)
- Superfly processor
- Plenty of RAM
- beautiful screen
- SD card support
- And the biggest freaking battery they could fit in such a small form-factor (Noone else comes close to this).

If there's a future-proof spec that is not included, that would be the fact that it's port is micro-usb versus USB-C. And whether that's important to you is a personal decision. (Since most people have tons of micro-usb accessories laying around). Honestly, other then the fact that most of us on these forums are freaks about buying the next big thing, this beast of a phone 'should' be able to handle a 2-3 year cycle with no problem.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If you look at the spec sheet, I honestly don't know what Samsung (or any other mfg) can do to beat this phone in next year's iteration (S8 or S8E).

- Superfly processor
- Plenty of RAM
- beautiful screen
- SD card support
- And the biggest freaking battery they could fit in such a small form-factor (Noone else comes close to this).

If there's a future-proof spec that is not included, that would be the fact that it's port is micro-usb versus USB-C. And whether that's important to you is a personal decision. (Since most people have tons of micro-usb accessories laying around). Honestly, other then the fact that most of us on these forums are freaks about buying the next big thing, this beast of a phone 'should' be able to handle a 2-3 year cycle with no problem.

Here's what they can do:

16mp version of the dual pixel tech
6GB RAM - unnecessary really, but hey I won't complain
Bigger storage (32GB is paltry when they can 64GB or even 128GB) + SD card
Dual Sim + SD card, not choose between them.
IP65+IP68 rating
Better camera processing algorithm
Better interface for WiFi Direct file transfer
Default black option for interface/theme
Better software battery management

ian_369

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I just got mine 3 days ago after looking at the entire Market. The closest Contender was the LG G5 but the waterproofing is the big difference at least for me

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

- Superfly processor
- Plenty of RAM
- beautiful screen
- SD card support

I would want in the S8 these things:

1. Bigger storage options - 64 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB
2. NVME storage tech instead of UFS
3. UFS microSD support (Make it compatible with NVME tech)
4. More RAM
5. Better camera
6. Ability to do 4K for VR but ability to run screen at 1080p or 1440p when not doing VR
7. Bigger battery with that new tech from UCI integrated in to extend battery longevity & life
8. Dual speakers (like how the iPhone 7 is doing it)
9. Better battery management
10. Sell Unlocked model from the start

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I thought it would just be a loaner phone for me until the replacement Note 7s came out. But, now, I've decided to stick with the S7E as I do not really use the stylus on the Note 7 and this S7E is just as good as the Note 7 was.

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I thought it would just be a loaner phone for me until the replacement Note 7s came out. But, now, I've decided to stick with the S7E as I do not really use the stylus on the Note 7 and this S7E is just as good as the Note 7 was.
I've made the same decision...the note was fantastic, but im keeping my s7e love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez