Never buy a Samsung product again

Glitch101

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN! After years of being a loyal Samsung customer (Galaxy mobile phones, TV's, and of late smart watches) it is with regret that I will NEVER buy, let alone recommend anyone to purchase their products. I purchased a galaxy gear 2 (Smart watch) within weeks, not months had to send it in for repair due to a defective LCD, sent away by my retailer and had the screen replaced - all good but a massive inconvenience. Now comes the icing on the cake - weeks later my 4 month old galaxy S7 edge had a purple vertical line running down the right hand side of the screen. I took the phone to the Samsung store in Parramatta and store attendant acknowledged the fault even taking a photo of it with his device and gave me job number 4219827526 and said the phone will be retunes within 3 days or the technician will call me to discuss the cost of replacing it if it wasn't a manufacturing fault.

1. Phone was not retuned after a week or any customer contact made so I had to chase it up
2. No call or resolution was made nor given
3. Phone was sent back stating "no fault found". When the store attended turned my phone on he was shocked to see the purple line clearly still on display.

I've since rung Samsung's overseas call center numerous times, only to be told a case manager will call you back within 24 hours (to which no one every does), placed on hold for 30 minutes to then have the line conviently drop out (happened twice) and finally told that a representative from Samsung Australia (Luke apparently) will call me - which of course hasn't. So after nearly a month of me having to chase, chase, chase with no resolution or no one more avenues for customer assistance I guess I have to suck it up and use a brand new FAULTY $1100 phone.

AFTER NEARLY A DECADE OF LOYALTY TO SAMSUNG I GUESS I WILL RETURN TO THE IPHONE AS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CUSTOMER RETENTION ARE FAR SUPERIOR AND MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT OF SAMSUNG.

Check out the link below. People with the same issue and this seems to be an ongoing fault if you google vertical purple line Samsung TV, GALAXY, GEAR. So i urge anyone reading this DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS, IF YOU HAVE A GENUINE FAULT DEVICE YOU'LL BE GIVEN THE RUN AROUND UNTIL YOU JUST GIVE UP.

*http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...463-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-screen-issues.html

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm really sorry to hear you've had problems with your S7 edge. Unfortunately, almost all devices will have bugs or manufacturing defects at some point in time.

Have you tried to escalate your claim to a supervisor or someone further up the chain of command?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not excusing Samsung at all, but unfortunately this is pretty commonplace with consumer electronics. LG service is among the worst I've encountered. I've personally tried to deal with them on computer products, and their ratings for appliance service are bottom of the barrel. And this isn't limited to Korean companies, either.

Consumers want their products to be as cheap as possible, especially in consumer electronics. Service costs money, so manufacturers try to cut it as much as they think they can get away with. This is the result.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: We can Not say never again. For the Note7-Funs: Samsung will recover
from this disaster. Meantime its rival iPhone7 it has been Sold out in 48hrs
according, with Media reports..Wonder how many samSungers who

Have in mind to buy the Note7--Switched to Apple New toy iPhn7
Hope the recall comes to an End soon to unclutter AC-Site

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Appreciate what your saying which I assume has been driven from your most recent experience.

Up until then as a loyal Samsung customer for years I assume you've been happy ?

Things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and service. Communication is Key.

Apple apply a 12 month warranty on their iPhones with only extending that if you purchase Apple Care+. Samsung apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty.

If a person is over that 12 month warranty and even if the iPhones failed due to nothing caused by the owner then they'd offer an Out of Warranty Replacement which is a refurbished iPhone at a cost to the customer.

Things do go wrong yes. But so do they with any product / smartphone.

iPhones have screen problems too.

The current new iPhone 7 has some new owners reporting a hissing sound when being used intensively. iOS 10 isn't fully baked.

The only upside to customer service with Apple over Samsung is that if an Apple Store Geniusbar employee can't remedy the issue in house they'll swap it out for a refurbished iPhone. (Not a new one)

I recently came from using the iPhone 6 Plus. I've been using iPhones from the iPhone 4.

If you do go back to using an iPhone then be ready for much less customisation and restrictions.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your experience. I would be peed off too. As others have said poor customer service is not confined to just Samsung. Only time I ever contacted LG I got the brush off. Philips and Amazon on the other hand have gone out of there way to help me. It's things like that, that get return customers.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your problems. Remember, however, there's no perfect brand, model or product! The best of companies can make lemons. And customer service varies widely even within the same company.